Back burner collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlocka go-go, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What i mean is, who here has a sideline TF line/collection. Something that they only pick up an item once in a great while, that while they may like it, it's something that could be discribed as take it or leave it.

Ex. I collect just about every line of TF's since the beginning, emphisizing on the G1's.

My "backburner" line is the Pretenders line.
    I don't actively search for them, but when i come across a good deal will keep what i need out of it.
    Second after that is Mircomasters and not even on the radar is ActionMasters.

Anyone have something similar, or am i just talkin crazy :D 

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much all of g1 is on the back burner since there are so many main stream releases

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 combiners/city bases.

I want all of them, but can't afford the UnGODLY prices for 'em.

:jawdropper: 

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Pretty much all the majorly collector oriented stuff, things like reissues, alternators, masterpieces and what not.

I mostly get the mainline stuff.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only get the ones I like from any line past, present or future. I don't have the time, money, space or desire to get everything.

6. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand what your saying. I have pretty much collected all the RID and Armada then took a break tillthe Movie and Animated. Yet I still had been colleting the MAsterpiece and Binaltechs. Now during the whole time I have always had a dream of owning all TF's. So if I see deals on any of the Beast lines or Enegon an Cybertron I fill in here and there.

That is why I guess I have

1,186 packages
    which equals 1,615 figures
    which then means I have 857 unique figures.

What I mean by Unique is they are either a new mold or repaint. So if you put them all next to each other there are no Dups. They each look different.

So you can count how ever you want.

Now I don't know what size collection you would say I have but it is slowy growing.

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Titaniums. All of the figures I have are still in the boxes, and I am debating either stopping getting them, or opening them all up at once. I'll snag them for cheap when a seller has them in addition to other stuff I want. Big on snagging Alternators right now.

8. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lot of good responses.

Besides money (which is a big reason granted) what are your reasons for holding off on a certain line, or items?

For me with the pretenders, it's the fact that there a part of the Original G1 line, and some of them (Thunderwing, Vroom, Bludgen) are actually kinda cool, but to me aren't much of a priority compaired to the 84-85 cars-seekers-combiners.

9. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

G1.Never really like the figures.In fact I only have one G1 figure,a tiny Micromaster figure called San Diego:San Diego (2003) - Cybertron - www.tfu.info

Yeah if you call that G1 :p .

It was used to combine into Sixtrain I believe.

10. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Personally speaking, anything that wasn't in the G1 cartoon. Still my favorite continuity. :) 

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i was hell bent against the animated line...but i will admit that i have bought leader class bulkhead, and once leader megatron came out...i got that one and SHOCKWAVE...but who can argue with shockwave?

I might get the black hued repaint of leader megatron...depends on the money next month...this month it is not a option since i got bruticus and superion off of ebay...

12. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    My Ultra Magnus collection. I'll only add to it when I find a really good deal.