Back at it again

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Oct 24, 2009.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Did anyone got out of TF then get back into it at any time? I got out of TF when beast war came out. I didn't like the idea of animals turning into robots just not my cup of tea. I liked the G1 dinobots because they wear robot dinosaurs. I got back into TF when the classic line came out because they wear updated G1s.

2. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. I got out right about when the Unicron Trilogy hit and didn't come back until Animated. This means of course I missed all the G1 Reissues, Classics, and MP's that I want so badly now.
    Welcome back! :D 

3. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I stopped collecting around when the Unicron trilogy rolled around (Armada I think) and started again when 2007 Movie sparked the old passion again.

4. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

As a kid I used to watch some G1 reruns and had G1 toys (early 90s, but not G2.....) and then Beast Wars hit, and I was like "yeah cool, these look good". Then I just grew up I guess, got into other things (still geeky though, like table top wargaming!) and it was only when Classics hit that I thought I'd have a go at it, but it was slow at first, more just part of my general toy collecting. But in the last two years I've really sped up the pace and now consider myself a "Transformers collector" as it's become my main "thing" when it comes to toys/TV/tha interwebs.

So I've never really gotten back into it as it's only recently I've considered being fully into Transformers, it was always just a passing thing before, that and fond childhood memories.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    got out with beast machines. I hated the designs, hated the character's sudden change in personality, and was worried TFs were going to be like that from now on. started getting back in with RiD, but I only got a few figures. Armada is when I got back in all the way.

6. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I've was really into anything that has to do with giant robots, not just transformers, as a kid. Used to collect all kinds of merchandise; Transformers, Brave, Gundams. Moved to US when I was 10, lost everything somehow and just picked up a few TFs here and there from different lines during the past couple years. I just recently got back into transformers full force during ROTF. Trying to pick up everything I've missed over the past years now.

7. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got into TFs with Beast Wars, but got out of it when the Star Wars craze came out, do forgive me. The 2007 movie brought me in again. Now a fan of almost everything TF.

8. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

The one good thing about not collecting TF solidly all these years.....there's plenty to catch up on. Perfect for dry spells, like right now with RotF waves getting clogged up and not released in any sort of sensible way.

9. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

Started in RID, and got out right after the start of Energon, then came in with Animated, and not into it as much now, just forums, not the toys, really.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Tf's were the shiznit when I was alot younger. Then Nintendo came to my house and I forgot about them. Couple years ago, I seen the constrcuticons and was thinking about getting them, never did. The first movie came out and I was like whatever. Then while my wife was at Walmart she found the BB concept camaro for a kid I work with. She got two, one for me and one for him. I opened it up and have been rehooked ever since. Not an hour goes by that I don't have tf's on the brain. I've been spending alot of time trying to figure out all the lines that I missed and what not.

11. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    Had G1 figures when I was a kid, sortof came back when dreamwave published their G1 monthly, finally caved in when I saw henkei jetfire. I collect mainly the classics, henkei lines, and am immune to movie poison! :D  Although I will be getting that Bludgeon when it comes out..

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I started again when Movie1 came out. Didn't like the movie designs but it did however remind me how much I loved the vintage stuff. So got back into G1 at that point...

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got out of it during the Unicron trilogy, then came back for the movie.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I started back in the day with the G1 toys and show.
    When Beast wars came around, I was one of the people who kinda smirked at the idea of robots turning into animals. It wouldn't be till many years later when it was suggested to me that I should watch the series that I'd realize I was wrong and become a big fan of the show and characters.

Somehow I never knew about RID, but I think a big part of that was due to the fact that a lot of my attention around that time was on the concept of video game development. A pipe dream of mine that I never really went anywhere with. But I digress.

When Armada rolled around, my interest was peeked and then quickly lost on this series. The show and toys did not appeal to me.
    Because of Armada, I continued to ignore the rest of the Unicron triligy. I assumed that maybe I was just too old for transformers, and that's why it wasn't appealing to me anymore.

Then the 2007 film hit and I started to take notice of the inventive new designs they were going for. After I saw the film in the theater, I literally walked next door to Target and bought the Leader Prime figure.
    Ever since, I've been going back, relearning the lore and checking out some of the things I had missed out on. Like Beast wars.

Sorry for the big post. I tried to sum that up as best I could.

15. Bumblebee028

Bumblebee028 Technobot Prime

News Credits:
    My friends were all dissing the unicron trilogy, so I stepped out. Big mistake in my book now. I missed out on primus/May 2009 toys. I only started up again cause it was for a school projecy, but I found TFW and fell in love with collecting.

BB28

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I started in Beast Wars and got out at Armada. Then started again for th 07 movie and haven't stopped since then.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Out around 1987/8 (Me getting "too old" for toys combined with Transformers getting more gimmicky with *masters and pretenders and such).

I bought a few things when G2 started reissuing old toys, but I was officially "back" in 1996. (what's this "Beast Wars" crap? They don't look like robots - well, maybe I'll buy this "Dinobot" - hey, this is a pretty cool toy! - What's this "Laser Optimus Prime"? I didn't know they made this in G2 - HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T KNOW THEY COULD MAKE TOYS THIS AWESOME!!1!)

18. bruticus_prime

bruticus_prime awesomeness in a bottle

i just got back in i had left to pursue school and star wars when i realized i need to get jetfire and jolt oh noes

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got in with G1, got out at BW, came back because of seeing the 20th ann. version of MP prime, and was amazed, bought it as soon as i had the chance, and have been hooked ever since, some lines don't carry an interest totally with me, others i go completest with,

20. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    as a wee lad I grew up on G1, then the line died out. when 96 came with Beast Wars I was infatuated again and collected Beast machines and RID, when Armada came along I picked up the first handful of releases, then stopped. I didn't like how the line sacrificed articulation for gimmickry. afterwards I stayed away from Energon and Cybertron (Mainly spending my time between being broke and jobless and supporting a yugioh addiction) when the Movie 07 line hit I got interested again and started collecting once more (having a job helped) Then once I got a slightly better paying job I looked back on the Unicron trilogy and Classics lines, Energon's Decepticon designs appealed to me because they weren't built around the Autobot's stupid combination gimmick (Autobots wise I do like Bulkhead and Landmine though). and I like the Cybertron line also, the cyber key gimmicks weren't nearly as intrusive as minicons. nowadays I really regret missing out on Classics 1, especially when I see the prices on Mirage, Ultra Magnus, and Rodimus (pm me if you have one for sale for cheap). Nowadays, I use the dry spells between waves to backtrack and pick up Classics, Unicron Trilogy stuff, and the few pieces I missed from my first collecting era.