BA and Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by General Magnus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´ve wondered. Does Blackaracnia actually harbors some feelings for Optimus or does she just takes a twisted pleasure in screwing with him mentally?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    She probably still feels for him, but figures that if she just acts like a bitch, she won't have to feel bad about anything.

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think she really loves him but will not forgive him for not saving her in the past

4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I think they had some kind of relationship in the past, until that "thing" happened to her body.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Seems like both to me.

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so whats the story?
    someone fill me in!

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Love-Hate.

8. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

Yeah she has feelings. I hope she turns good (and normal) again. I would love to see Elita-1 fighting evil Decepticons. I would also love to see an Elita-1 toy. C'mon Hasbro, this is your opportunity!!!

9. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hope she gets a toy she looks so cool in animated i love her colors

10. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm being weird but at least from the "along came a spider" episode I gathered that Elita-1 was with Sentinel, given that he freaked out, and he had his arm around her. So given this it was really weird that she was saying something about her feelings to optimus.

11. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can tell how she acts she's not realy into him she's into optimus

12. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    damn those subtle chick bot mannerisms! Well then I also wonder if the Elita 1 incident was the reason Optimus was screwed from the Elite Guard?

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

from what i saw in Animated,,,here's a summary..

Optimus , Sentinel and Elita-1 are on this planet.. they encounter some big spiders.. Ops & Sentinel leave her behind..Ops wants to go back for her.Sentinel says NO... anyways, she gets attacked by said spiders and mutates or whatever in BlackArachnia...

hope it helps Kingplay. or you could watch it on youtube.

14. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

What happens is, she tries to use her downloading power on the spiders, but since they're organics, it freaks out and transforms her into the half-organic "monstrosity" she is now

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actualy SENTINEL wants to help her, Prime is the one that said no.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right, because they couldn't get down to her before all the Energon Cubes blew up. Prime made a judgement call to save both himself and Sentinel from the explosion... a difficult decision for any leader to make, but I believe Prime made the correct decision in saving the person that he could.

Later, once he and Sentinel are on the service of the planet after the explosion, he does try to scan for Elita so they could go back for her, but his scanners turn up nothing (which he realizes why once he sees what she's become). At this point Sentinel freaks out on him and starts blaming him for her loss (even though it was his choice to come to the planet to begin with and Optimus was against it).

This is probably the reason Prime was kicked out of the Elite Guard. Sentinel probably got a tribunal together to hold Optimus accountable. Optimus, for his part, was probably so ridden with guilt and grief that he most likely didn't try to fight it, but just excepted the demotion that he was obviously given.

On topic. I think she has feelings for him still, but that her feelings are clouded by the fact that she hasn't forgiven him for leaving her behind that day. Also, she seems to be pushing herself to 'do whatever it takes' to rid herself of her new techno-organic nature, but you can see that she still can't go all the way (she did leave the antidote for Prowl & BB in the Black Friday episode). I think that we'll eventually see her either return to normal or at least come to grips with what she's become. This will also probably mend her and Optimus' relationship... whether or not they become an item is up in the air (but we could get some episode similar to the Teen Titans Robin & Starfire team ups that definently hinted around them being a couple).

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Way I saw it in the episode is that the three of them were long-time best pals, but Sentinel was the one she chose to be closer to at that time. Girls who have two guys for best friends DO have feelings for both. And they tend to flirt with both, and act like both are their boyfriends *but* its the one who gets to hang on more physically that's usually the actual boyfriend. But at the same time the girl will make sure the other guy is also sticking around, paying attention to her, etc.

And yeah, maybe the choice Optimus made was a 'leader' choice, but it wasn't the reaction a boyfriend would have. That reaction was Sentinel's.

A lot of what she's doing is out of her own pain, and that coupled with the anonymity she had at first freed her to torture her betrayer, whether he was her former lover or not. And since he was a good friend, of course she'd still have feelings for him.

Of course the writers *could* decide they were lovers after all - but I would hope they wouldn't take that well-rutted done-to-death route.

--Moony

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

my bad.. havent seen the episode in a while..

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    She's a woman. That should answer your question pretty quickly.

20. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

On a related topic, where will BA go now that she has run off from the Dinobots? She can't go back to the Autobots, the Decepticons probably think that she's betrayed them, and if she stays on Dinobot Island she'll never get a moment's peace. Any thoughts on her new base of operations?