B-otch joke?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hi Q, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I read the thread about the screening of the several movie scenes, and read about this B-otch thing, but didn't ask because the thread was already getting messed up enough. But now it's been bothering me for a few days. Can someone explain this B-otch thing to me? Apparently it's pretty funny, but I don't get it.

2. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

What rhymes with "Biatch"

3. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Sorry, doesn't help. What is "Biatch"?

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    biatch and b-otch are slang for "bitch". to be honest, i really dont see the humor in the whole b-otch thing. maybe if it said "bee-otch".

5. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Thanks. Just leaves the question what is funny about bitch, but I have the feeling that's not something that can be explained to me.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's suppose to be a play on words although kinda a lame attempt if you as me, "Bee-otch" Bee as in Bumblebee and well you know the rest.

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I find it fascinating to use certain slang terms in my writing unless I'm being serious, but I'm a skitzo so I kinda flip between the two (serious and weird)

I usually don't use profanity off the computer because, you know, it becomes a habbit then you say it in the least convenient of times (like to a giant robot with mortars for hands) and then it becomes a problem. Or to a family member who doesn't enjoy your 'enhanced' vocabulary

It's only a comical reference for me. Ah, like "oh my god" is considered bad but "ah mah gawd" is different. I don't see gawd as god, it's more like a default rather than offending religeous folks if you say it in the right pitch, then they just think you smoke pot too much.

Sorry for rambling, it's been bothering me since the day I tried to relate to my mom this funny black and white trailor version of the TFM to my mom and one of the texts, which I repeated (and I asked if she mind if I used profanity) was "OH MY MOTHER F*CK*ING GAWD! WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?"

Apparently this fellow was religeos and didn't believe in using 'the word' god.

Or he was just decent

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just noting that you're from the Netherlands, so you might not actually know the word 'bitch.' It's a derogatory slang word for women. 'Bitch' was originally a word for female dogs, and later was adopted to insult women. A more detailed history can be found on Wikipedia.org.

I don't know anything about Dutch culture, so there may not be a parallel, but American media and society often find the use of profane or vulgar words funny. It's one of those things that probably gets lost in the translation between cultures.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come off as insulting you or sounding like I thought you were ignorant. That's not the case at all. I'm very impressed with anyone who speaks English as a second language better than many people in Georgia do as a first one.

9. Hi Q

News Credits:
    I know the word. Normal words I don't have a problem with, but slang often escapes me. In Dutch as well for that matter. Don't really know about culture though, Dutch or any other.

10. BadJeff

BadJeff Bite my shiny metal ass!

Biatch does have a time and place for proper use, but i much preffer calling people a "muppet" or a "bacon n' egger". Been using those since I was a wee lad back in Winnipeg. Go ahead and say it.... "You Muppet!"

11. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    By the way, it was Bee-otch on the air-freshener, and it had an (insect) Bumblebee above it.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i KNEW IT. that's the only way it's remotely funny or makes any sense at all. and also, you lucky bastard...

13. FREEFALLL666

FREEFALLL666 Well-Known Member

Its a reference to GANGSTA RAP, if you see enough of HIP HOP interviews the rap artists often express BIOTCH as an expression of "cool" or "badass".

So in this context BUMBLEBEE is saying I AM ONE B-OTCH! or I AM THE ONE GUY YOU REALY DONT WANT TO MESS WITH.

Kinda like you see on the back of BIG-RIGS, ONE BADASS MOTHER TRUCKER

sory but I LOVE CAPITALS!!

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

In terms of how "biotch" gets used (or "beyotch," or "b-otch," or any of the other spellings), I think it probably comes via the phrase "son of a bitch," since "b-otch" can be used without a sense of emasculating someone. If you call a guy a "bitch," the connotations are completely different.

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    10. No discussion on abortion or religion.
    As with politics, these topics are guaranteed flamefest generators; as such, debate/discussion on them is not allowed anywhere on here. Holiday cheer threads to express "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter," etc. are permitted. Within those threads, posts that pursue avenues of religious debate/discussion will be removed. --- TFW2005 Staff

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

As with politics, these topics are guaranteed flamefest generators; as such, debate/discussion on them is not allowed anywhere on here. Holiday cheer threads to express "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter," etc. are permitted. Within those threads, posts that pursue avenues of religious debate/discussion will be removed. --- TFW2005 Staff

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys next time read the rules, any religious discussion or debate is a big no-no around here.

As with politics, these topics are guaranteed flamefest generators; as such, debate/discussion on them is not allowed anywhere on here. Holiday cheer threads to express "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter," etc. are permitted. Within those threads, posts that pursue avenues of religious debate/discussion will be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.