Minor/Repaint: Axelerator Turbofire

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MyTea Boc, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Hello once again!

Keeping with the theme of my custom Skram, I decided to take a shot at a classics Turbofire. Like Skram, I tried to keep the paint scheme a little more grounded than the typical g2 figure.

This guy was more or less a straight repaint. The hardest part was trying to find the right colour of blue/green to use on him. I opted to mix some citadel colours dark angel green with a healthy dose of vallejo andrea blue. After that, some vallejo red and silvergrey, and glossy black helped to finish up his colours.

I haven't tried to replicate the pink splash paintjob of the original. Nor his pink eyes. Although his chest does look a bit bare.

Like my skram custom, I used a alternator engine/gun (From a alt prime) to replicate the engine/weapon of the original. In vehicle mode the engine is held in place with 2 neodymium disk magnets.

Its a bit of a bitch to stop the paint from chipping and flaking on his thigh joints. Anyone any suggestions how best to prevent this?

I need to give the windshiled another shot - the paint is a bit lumpy and uneven.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice work! Was waiting for someone to do Turbofire. :thumb 

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good work again loving the vibrant colours on these your doing! your making them look real close to the originals!

4. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Is it sealed with varnish or another sealant? That may help with the paint chipping.

5. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Thanks Venksta! I'm a fan of Turbofire myself. Felt like classics hound was the best fit for the character. Helps that classics hound is a bit blocky-ish and has that dumb look on his face. Quite apt I thought as Tubrofire was described as being a nigh-indestructable block of metal, who is shy on brains.

Cheers dude! Never really noticed until now, but this guy could probably pass himself of as a christmassy version of hound. I could save him until December, add a little bit of glitter and some fairy lights, and he'd be quite festive :p 

Thanks Genetic, I'll grab some at the weekend. Still new to this, and always happy for a few pointers. Thanks for the tip!

Gotta say I love the head mold on the Botcon Rapido http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/Botcon-2010-Rapido_1275951018.jpg. Not sure the classics silverstreak for the body though.

Those who ever owned the original will remember his oversized chest piece that obscured his head. I think the new head plus a cybertron downshift might make an interesting combination.