Customs: Axe for Animated Voyager Optimus Prime ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm beginning to sound very repetitive. I've searched high and low for a way to get a good sized axe for Optimus Prime, instead of relying on his massive, oversized one. I'm just not willing to buy an entire figure just for his axe. And nobody is willing to sell me just the axe.

So, does anyone here have any ideas on how to build one from scratch? I'm rather new and lousy at customs, never had a successful one in life.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

EDIT: Damn, i just read the title again. Voyager. In that case, i'm fresh out of ideas, other than cutting out the shape in Styrene. I'm assuming you still want it to hinge?

3. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
  4. Treadshot A1

I thought about that also, but the only problem is that the hilt won't be grip-able by OP.

5. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
  6. Treadshot A1

Not by SAL, it isn't. I've ordered a few from HLJ, came to about 7 AUD inc. shipping for me. And i'm all the way in Australia, Perth, which is like the middle of nowhere.

I still stick by the option of 3D Printing, though. In your other thread (the one that was derailed) about this, i've posted links to some programs that might help in that regard.

7. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Yeah my college here has a 3d printer, but I'm still finding out if it can be used by non-fine arts students. Nice to meet you, by the way, my family's living in Perth now.

8. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Sorry I couldn't help with my suggestion, but I had no idea OP didn't have grip-able hands. Darned Animated Transformers why can't Hasbro seem to get it together with their figures and such lately.

9. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Haha, I wouldn't mind if they just threw in the axe they gave him for Battle Begins. Seriously, Is it that difficult?

Thanks for the help, by the way.

10. Treadshot A1

Aren't they the standard 5mm sockets? Hence the hilt of that M.S.G axe wouldn't fit snugly.'

And also, are you looking to create a smaller (less oversized) voyager prime axe, or make a copy of the battle begins one, but bigger?

11. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Actually I'll be pleased with the exact Battle Begins one. It's just everyone isn't selling just the axe, it usually comes with the 2 figures (along with Megatron) and I can't afford to pay that much when I don't want the figures.) So if I do find a good deal for the axe, I'll be satisfied.

However if the world was perfect, I'd like a slightly longer hilt on the Battle Begins one. But it's something I can do without.

12. Treadshot A1

Is it a good time to mention that i have a spare one i don't want, but i'm not gonna sell? :lol 

If i were you, i'd go ask some kitbashers, esp. some who have done stuff with the Prime figure. See if tey're willing to sell leftover parts.