Ax Men "Star" daughter is killed by family dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Mar 2, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Horrible, just horrible. :( 

The dog shouldn't have been brought back into the house after that first attack. Heck, they should have destroyed that dog in the first place, which is something that they should have done to prevent more attacks such as the one that claimed their daughter's life. Maybe this time they'll come to their senses and have the animal destroyed.

3. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

well, maybe the girl hurted the dog... The dog isnt evil. He has no morale, it was his instinct, maybe he saw a danger in the girl. He didnt thought, "now i kill you little girl !!"
    or something...

s.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Wow, that's sad.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I disagree. Not saying that the dog is evil, but it clearly did not have respect for its owners. Dogs are smarter, and have a bit more of a conscious than you think. Instinct and the kill-or-be-killed action takes over in a state of panic, a Rottweiler should find absolutely no danger in a girl half its size.

Sad state of events, but that's what happens when you don't train your pets properly. Or watch your kids for that matter.

6. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

So sad.

The article said "a" rotty was taken from the home 4 months earlier, not that it was this one.

7. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

do you think that the dog killed her with evil thoughts ?? Maybe you are right, they not trained the dog enough. Or the girl really teased the dog.
    For example my smaller brother teased our cat, the cat really attacked him and bite. And when a rottweiler bites, it is maybe too much for a human, and especially for a kid.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I see that now. So they've had two different dogs hurt/kill family members. Woah.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Problems with dogs, plural, means problems with the family and how they treated those dogs.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I agree. They shouldn't have left the girl alone, unsupervised, with a Rottweiler.

We don't know for certain why the dog attacked the girl, nor do we know if the dog was trained at all. It could be possible that the girl teased the dog, which I say is a definite big no-no, considering this is a Rottweiler we're talking about here. It could be possible that the dog was aggressive, wasn't being handled right.

All I can say is that kids and Rottweilers just don't go well together.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is why, growing up, my parents never let me walk to friends' houses. You never knew if the dogs you encountered were properly fenced in, or that dog running around loose was ok or not.
    seems that even with a dog under "control", a child died.
    I wonder if the cops are gonna inflict criminal salt in the family's wounds.

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The family is kinda wacked. I dunno if anyone watched the latest episode, but the girls grandpa goes and shoots his phone when he gets some bad news.

13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Huh, a rottwieler, I would have never guessed *sarcasm*

I love animals, especially cats and dogs, but Rottwielers I frigging hate with a passion. They make excellent guard dogs I pressume but as a family pet? NO.

Have the damn thing be put down I say.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I've known plenty of people with rottweilers who were good natured, well behaved, and friendly. Just like any other dog, training is imperative, and it sounds like these dogs had serious issues due to their environment.

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

True, my friend's rottwieler is quite friendly. He's still a puppy, about 8 months old but damn he grew fast.

I remember hearing a story of a rottwieler killing a pregnant woman in her apartment. God, that's sad :( 

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Exactly. Rottys get a very bad rap but it really comes down to how the dog is trained and the dog's personality.

If the dog is attacking or, god forbid, killing people then you're just as much to blame.

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was probably more "over the top" for the cameras though. Ever since those damn American Chopper dudes were on TV, everyone feels they have to "out crazy" the next dude and be a tough guy.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Why do you hate them?

This is a sad story and in no way does any family deserve this pain. But this is the family's fault.

I was a dog trainer professionally for a year and continue to practice it with my dogs. Dogs attack out of instinct and protection like many of you have mentioned. That dog was not trained what-so-ever and was doing the only thing it knew how to do.

This is an ugly story both for the little girl who didn't get a chance to live a life and for the dog who is going to get put down because the family lacked responsibility.

That is sad either way, though.

19. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Blame the owner, not the dog. Rottweilers are considered an aggressive breed and it takes more diligence and training for them to be family-friendly.

If you don't have the time or the patience to properly train a dog like that, then don't own a Rottweiler, or for that matter, don't own a dog in general.

20. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

No, the dog is being put down because it killed.

Chuck