AWwww man!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GladiatorPrime, May 1, 2007.

1. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I was at Walmart this morning, and I went to toys to see if they had anything new in Transformers!....I walk around the corner to see a corner shelf, half full of Classic Devastators & and the other half the movie Protoforms! I'm like crap crap crap....I didn't have any money! (MOM doesn't have a car, so I take her to Walmart the first of every month, to buy her grocerys!)

So anyway...I know I got $30, coming the end of the week, so I went and asked mom if I could borrow $10 so I could at least get the Optimus Prime Protoform!

Between the time it took for me to walk to the other side of the store....find mom, and walk back....I come back to find the shelf empty! I'm like WTF!!!!

The toy guy come by and said the he was told that he couldn't sell them yet, and had to pull 'em! I'm like DAMMIT!!! I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN ONE WITH ME WHEN I LEFT!!!!

GGrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Can't sell them yet? That doesn't seem right. They've been spotted elsewhere in force. I would have called him on it, or talked to a manager.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    they're at most Targets now.

4. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

We feel your pain

My friend works at Wal-mart, I informed her to tell me when hey get them in :ev: 

But yeah, I think we've all gone through this. I was waiting till after X-mas to pick up a Cyb Scourge, in the original colors...but they sold out and began the repaints with the blue. Damn it!

5. Harbinger[TG]

Harbinger[TG] Almost Toyless

i went to target and toys r us this morning both had nothing

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I saw some at Wal-Mart just today. Unfortunately I didn't have money either, not yet anyway. :( 

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That's not right. The street date for the movie protoforms is today, May 1st. The guy who pulled them off the shelves was wrong.

(for the record I found both protoforms at Target today, which had pulled the remaining Cybertron and Classics deluxes off the shelves for them. Optimus is sitting next to me as I type this. He's nifty.)

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Holly crap that sucks.

I though May 1 was the day for protoforms!?!

9. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Same thing happened to me a few minutes ago. Walmart had a center Island of the damed things out and they refused to sell them to me. Scanned as "Restricted" No amount of crying made them change their minds. Got a pic of the shelf though.....jerks

[​IMG]

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    oh man what a tease. i luckily managed to pick up the Protoforms at TRU two weeks ago when an employee screwed up. i went back for more a couple days later and they was gone.
    but hey, i still cant find a frigging Ramjet, so...

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

You gotta hit up the Super Wal-Marts late at night. Coming from the club to home at 2 in the morning I found them. They scanned restricted, but I complained and hustled until a manager put in generic sku (or something) for $9.97.

12. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

Did you correctly inform them that Wal*Mart policy is to sell anyting on the sales floor for the listed price even if it's error.

13. Optimus-JD

Yeah, I argued with the red shirt for a bit but she wouldn't budge. Honestly, it wasn't worth the anger and frustration at the idiot.

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I was an absolute asshole about it. I asked for the managers number, DM, RM and the name of the supervisor on duty. And I never got out of line, I made the manager talk to me in line.

Us a lot of manager speak with them, hit them with a few 7 letter words (you know, some college words you never use after English Lit.) and score.

Maybe I take this too seriously...the Grey Goose and Cranberry in my system didn't hurt any, either.

15. Optimus-JD

Had it been the end of a long day I might have made a bigger deal over it. As it was, I was feeling kinda meh anyway and I just figured I'll get em later.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

At least you can find them, we got zip, at least now. :( 

17. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

I got both protoforms at...well you'll never guess where...Kmart!!!

18. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

So it appears that next week will be my best bet, Went around town and jack squat.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I found both Protoforms at Walmart this weekend... what makes this particularly notable is that I'm in CANADA. We almost never get things on time around here... !

Anyway, the Protoforms didn't scan in the barcode scanner. I didn't bother trying to buy them though I'm sure I would have been able to get them (our Walmart doesn't really seem to care). It was just a crazy Sunday at Walmart, full of screaming kids and the heat of human animals, with cash line-ups into eternity. I figured "screw it, I'll get a Starscream later". I'm sure they'll be shelf-cloggers before I know it. :) 

Incidentally, did it occur to anybody that Proto Starscream would make a good Kranix rendition? Not that anybody really cares about Kranix, but still... :) 

zmog

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You got that right. The protoform toys DO look like crap. The alt-mode looks like a gray plastic turd with wheels.

I predict they're going to be still warming the shelves three months from now.

[singing]

Shelf-warmers: less than meets the eye
    Shelf-warmers: no one wants to buy

[/singing]