Aww, shucks... I feel dumb now.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agravlin, Mar 7, 2007.

1. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

When I was little, I had this fat, bloated action figure that had a weird fat metal body, spiked arms, and a human head. I had no idea what it was, but it split in half and had a big hollow cavity inside. My parents must have gotten it at a garage sale or something, because it didn't have any accessories except the gray pointy thing that goes on his hand...

I just realized today that it was freakin' Pretenders Grimlock. I didn't even know it was related to Transformers, because the Autobots emblem had scratched off, and I didn't have the baby Grimlock that goes inside.

Dang it, I wish I knew what happened to it.

Anyone else have something like this happen, where you had a toy in your youth you didn't even realize was a Transformer until it was too late?

Yeah, I feel stupid.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The closest thing like that, would have to be my old Beast Wars Snarl. I loved that thing, and enjoyed watching the show, but I never did concider Beast Wars and Transformers being related at all. I'd love to get a hold of one, but I can't find one. Peace out.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Not Transformers, but I've found out over the years that toys that seemed like fake Gobots, were, in fact, real Gobots :lol 

4. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found out a few months ago that some cardboard Marvel Comics city playset I had as a kid (and played with until it fell apart) is now worth hundreds of dollars.

Dammit, I loved that thing.

5. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

When I was little, I had a bunch of Beast Wars figures. Alas, I didn't realize that they were TF's (heck, I didn't know what a TF was then), and thus gave them away when I "grew out of them". Damn. I loved those guys, esp. Megatron (non-transmetal). My mom probably still has nightmares about me asking her to help me transform him. In fact, a few weeks back when I was considering getting the Optimus Primal vs. Megatron TRU exclusise(I didn't, but still might), my mom looked over and said "Oh god, please don't get another one of him.":D 

6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I got a Diaclone Driver from the rich kid who lived across the street when I was five (22 years ago). I had no idea it was related to TF at the time. I just liked it cause it was small and I've always had a thing for tiny toys. It is now gone with the rest of my collection I had at the time....stolen....bastards.

7. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I never even knew the little thing and construction vehicle I had were Kickback and G2 Scrapper.

I always thought his name was "Decepticon" since it was on is shovel thing and I had no idea that the little rocket wingthing was Devastator's chest piece.

...and I call Kickback "Little thing" because his legs, chest, and paint were pretty much all obliviated.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

when i was 12 my dad convinced me it was time to start growing up and had me sell all my toys at a yard sale. growing the collection back sucks

9. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Yeah, same thing happened to me. Sold em all at one garage sale (mostly to one guy for his kid who was with him) and all it got me was a couple NES games.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'm blessed or fortunately because the concept of "yard sales" is alien to my country! LOL!

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I had a green jeep, that I'm positive was sold on a ZyBots card that I recently found out was a GoBot. Kind of wish i still had it.

12. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    During fifth grade, my parents took me back to Hong Kong for vacation during the winter holidays. Came back home to NYC on xmas eve. Woke up xmas day to open and play with my new Powermaster Optimus Prime. I didn't understand the PM feature and tried to transform him with the PM. Ended up snapping the toy in the locking mechanism. I just didn't understand the feature and didn't feel like reading the instructions.

13. agravlin

agravlin Bearer of Reason

You guys are lucky you actually remember where yours went. There are like 50 different things I remember playing with, and I can't find them anywhere when I go home, and I can't for the life of me, remember where the hell they went.

14. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I had all the microman toys when I was little, had no idea about the Transformers living in Taiwan, till I started to collect again here, and catching up with the past, I smacked myself for not hauling the toys here with me. I asked about it last time I went back to visit the family, they said it's probably all trashed by now :( 

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I had G1 Motormaster, Drag Strip and Wild Rider for the longest time, I knew they were Transformers but I had no idea they *combined* into one big Transformer. They're still somewhere in my house, in storage or under a pile or something and I would love to find them again. Ever since I started getting back into collect TFs I went on a big combiner fix and Menasor is one of the ones I really want. If i had three of his limbs it would save me a ton of cash on gettin a complete Menasor.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

get the rm snarl?

17. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i had this little space shuttle transforming bot that i THOUGHT was a Transformer but alas i found out it was a Gobot

18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Man, when my dad wanted to make me get rid of my Transformers, I took them to a friend's house for safekeeping. He and his dad understood because they collected and sold toys, among other things. (In fact, shameless plug, the primary business is Beatles memorabilia. Check them out!) Thank goodness I did that, though I still mourn the TFs that disappeared from my collection, like the Throttlebots.