Awesome clearance bin find

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    So I was at Toys R Us yesterday and decided to check out the video games, even though I really couldn't afford anything. Almost on a whim, I decided to dig through the clearance bins. It seemed like there was a heck of a lot of the same things in there, like Dragon Ball Z Saga, X-Men Legends II (no PS2 version, only X-Box :banghead:  ), and a few titles I don't care to remember since I wasn't interested in them. But then at the bottom of one of the bins I found something awesome.

Baten Kaitos, with an exclusive soundtrack, for $5.20.

At the time, I couldn't even remember how good the reviews were. I was pretty sure the reviews weren't terrible, but I knew they weren't spectacular. Still, I simply could not pass up an good RPG, especially when TRU had it for roughly 90% off. I did look up the reviews later, and my hunch was right. The game is good, but not outstanding.

Now I just have to wait until I go back to school this Saturday to play it since I didn't bring my GameCube home.

2. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I picked that up on clearance at TRU as well. Great game. I enjoyed the heck out of it. The battles are slow and kinda boring early, but later when you can real off like 8 or 9 card combos, you have to be quick to do good damage. You'll see what I mean.

Mike

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    6 months ago at my TRU I found a mint in box Armada Starscream for 9 bucks in the clearance bin. I snatched him right up because 1. He's old. and 2. I always wanted him.

Then just last week I found a mint in box Armada Powerlinx Optimus Prime at a local department store on clearance for 20 bucks. Snatched him up as well.

God I love Clearance.

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's still one of the must have Gamecube games, but many people will rag on it just because it's a card game.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The TRUs near me have the latest .Hack game for under 10 bucks, which sounds ridiculous to me because it's pretty new, isn't it?

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's always sweet when you can get such a good game so cheap. I picked up Soul Calibur 2 for PS2 at K-Mart for $5. Awesome game, best deal I ever got.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I got War of the Monsters(PS2) brand new for $9.99 at my local SEARS.

I also got the Devil May Cry 3-Pack/Triology(PS2) for $20.00 at my local Circuit City.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

the best deal i got was DDR: Ultramix with Pad for $15, bought 2 of them (still got one of them unopened)...Eyetoy: Groove for $10...and X-Box Monster S-Video Cable for $5. All were at a Wal-Mart.

funny thing is that the week after at the same store, all went for regular price.

plus time and time, i'll pick up guides for $1 each (cause they'll all bent up)

9. Superfamifreak

Superfamifreak Member

The bargain bin sales are ace. I got a mate to pick up Need for Speed Most Wanted and Sega Genesis Collection on PS2 for $15 each. Even after shipping that's cheaper than buying them pre-owned over here in the UK.

10. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Forza for XBOX about a month ago at TRU for $10.