Awesome bargain Ebay haul!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by llamatron, Sep 1, 2006.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Alrighty, in my entire history of collecting this is one of the best hauls I've ever got. Here's the quick story behind it...

I noticed this ebay auction for a "Big Lot Transformers Hasbro 1984" however the in the auction the seller states that they couldn't get the picture to show up and provided no details of what was included. So I emailed the seller for a picture and they sent me this:

[​IMG]

Hmm, I like what I see. Omega Supreme (although clearly not complete) and Soundwave have been on my want list for a looooong time. The others I didn't care too much about (already have Blaster). From that pic I couldn't tell if Chromedome had his headmaster, and if Soundwave had any of this weapons. So I won the auction for a very cheap price as shown here:

Sale price = $52 AU ($39.70 US)
    Postage = $19.25 AU ($14.70 US)
    TOTAL = $71.25 AU ($54.40 US)

I made payment and waited. Today it arrived:

[​IMG]

Apologies for the bad picture and general mess, I'm in the process of packing up my house to move.

Anyway, Soundwave has his battery cover, and inside was one battery and missile. Chromedome had his headmaster in the cockpit, he's 100% complete with no damage! Omega Supreme has everything except for the rail pieces and the 2 smallest yellow clips (he's got the 2 medium and 2 large ones) - however I quickly tried to test the electronics and no luck so far. Rampage has one loose leg, Blaster is in fairly poor condition (his feet flap things are messed up and his door won't stay shut). The Arielbot (whose names escapes me at the moment) is pretty good, but if you keep pulling on his legs they slide right off the body. But they do stay on normally. Anyway, I'm very excited and very pleased. Now just to track down those missing Omega pieces...

2. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Wow, grats.

<~ Envious

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sweet! The track for omega shouldn't be too hard to get either, I got some pieces from wheeljackslab a couple years back. The clips might be trickier though. That Chromedome looks awesome too.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Great find!

Blasters door is very crappy. I'd sugget taking him apart and fiddling with the door mechanism, its possible the parts have moved out of alignment and are actually OK.

My Blaster was slightly busted (door wouldn't open), I got it at a slight discount from Botcon Europe (the only Botcon Europe) but the door is totally fixable. Every so often the same problem reoccurs, but then its a 15 minute job to fix again.

5. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Not a bad deal at all!

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What a steal!:thumb 

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice pickup, and for the price that's a steal no question :thumb 

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice!

9. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

How do you get Soundwaves missile to stay in his shoulder gun?