Awesome accessories?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwinder, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Pretty simple topic, what are some of your favorite accessories that have come with a Transformer? I know that there are some figures that I bought solely for an accessory, or some figures that I wound up liking the accessory more than the figure.

I'm not sure whether things like PCC Minicons would count as accessories, but let's go easy on them as I'm afraid this topic will just turn into a Minicon love-fest. ... which is reasonable as they're awesome, but... yeah.

I'm going to have to say one of my favorites is Cyberverse Lunar Crawler's claw. It's fun in of itself, but it's a blast sticking it on other TFs.

Also, I wound up liking MP-01's accessories more than the figure. His Matrix and Megatron got more use than the figure, who is just collecting dust in a bin at this point.

Attached Files:

2. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Recon Ironhide's weapons - I've spammed enough threads already with pictures, but they are awesome. You can plug them into each other in various ways, and they're MechTech compatible (5mm plugs)

Ultimate Optimus Trailer - This is the ultimate imagination toy. Again, I've spammed up enough threads with pics of this thing, but it works great with Deluxe's and Leader Optimus.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Out of all toylines I'd say the accesories that come with the Takara Brave Police figures. I'm talking revolvers, badges, nunchuks, ninja sword, shotgun, handcuffs, the works.

Strickly TF it's hard to choose because it's mostly guns. Recon Ironhide comes to mind but there are other heavily armed ones out there. Fireburst Prime and leader Sentinel come to mind as recent good ones.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    HftD Breacher's gun, Generations Skullgrin's missile pod, Wheeljack's rocket launcher.

They're all extremely versatile and look great on just about any figure.

5. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    recon ironhide has already been mentioned, he's great for guns. fansproject bruticus's guns are pretty awesome too and his combat knife, epic. some of the g1 baseformers had great accessories, trypticon's tank comes to mind i forget his name.

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FP bruticus's shotguns. I love those things and they look great on most figures.

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I have Darkmount, I do love his missile pod. Skullgrin's looks much better, if only because it looks like it would blend much better since it doesn't have the red clip which clashes with 50% of figures.

8. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

G1 Omega Supreme's claw. Brave Maximus can wear it as a hat.

9. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    some of my favorites...

FP Insecticons weapon accesories
    Generations Blurr guns
    Generations Drift Swords

10. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Animated Prowl's traffic light. I mean, it was a mace! With a string! Attached to a traffic light! What's cooler than that?

RTS Jazz's speakers. That's what.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Accessories have really shined lately IMO, they have just been knocking it out of the park.

Clip weapons:
    Breacher's double cannon
    Backfire's and Whirl's guns.
    Straxus/Skullgrin's machine gun and rocket box

Post weapons:
    Highbrow's guns. Easily worth more than the figure to me, considering I stick them on EVERYONE. They particularly enhance DotM Starscream and Vortex.
    Backfire
    Whirl
    Recon Ironhide's arsenal
    Drift's and Blurr's accessories
    DotM Sideswipe's cannon

Other:
    All those blades that came with FP's Insecticons!

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anything Venksta/Renderform's done
    Recon Ironhide's weapons
    Most of the Targetmaster minicons (especially the PCC Caliburst and Chainclaw molds)
    Some of the clip weapons that game with the DotM HA Basics (the gatling guns on Whirl and the guns on Backfire come to mind)

13. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Drifts swords

14. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

The FP ninjasecticons have great weapons but can they be used by many figures?

The FP Bruticus shotguns are awesome indeed.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

TFTM Wreckage has a lot of playability with his two sping-loaded blades. They're degined to peg into holes on the bottom of his arms, but they can also combine into an awesome, two-ended spinning blade of death that can be mounted on one of the arm wheels. I'm sure they could also fit on other figures with MechTech ports, although I can't test that out right now as I do not have access to any DOTM figures.

I also like the PCC Mini-cons. It's hit or miss with them, but when they are winners they are excellent. For example: PCC Icepick is a so-so figure (namely due to the lack of decent hands), but his Mini-con Chainclaw turns into a handheld missile launcher that can be given to just about anybody thanks to the 5mm peg. Chopster (the axe Mini-con) makes a great stand in for an Energon axe for a classics Optimus, and for all the suck that poor Backwind is made of, positioning his parts correctly can make him into a really long multi-barreled machine gun of doom in the right hands, complete with shoulder stock.

Finally, there's HA Laserbeak. While I don't have HA Soundwave, from what I've seen Laserbeak fills many necessary roles. He can turn into some kind of bike-thing for Dylan to ride on, but more importantly he also turns into Soundwave's signature shoulder cannon with launching missile, a detail most modern interpetations of Soundwave lack.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics Hound's gun and Ravage.

Wheeljack's gun and spanners.

Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime's Axe and Shield.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed, these are great and they are great accessories for ayone with a 5 mm hole in the forearm. Like DotM Starscream, and I imagine Deluxe DotM Optimus.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    DOTM Sideswipe's Rifle/Sword
    Drift's Swords
    Laserbeaks guns

19. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Animated Laserbeak. 'Nuff said.

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Recon Ironhide's collection of awesome accessories, too :D  The gun that comes with TakTom's DOTM Voyager Prime w/trailer is my latest favourite.