Aveo Swerve

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Robogeek28, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Aveo Swerve I bought off Ebay a week in a half ago finally arrived today. My thoughts......he is awesome!!

He came in a plastic bag of course, and along with the plastic bag, he was also in a plastic shell ala TFCC free exclusives for better protection. He comes with instructions, but what I found interesting was that they were merely a photocopy of his instructions, not actual ones like are packaged with normal TFs. Doesn't really matter though, everything came out clear when being copied, no lightening of ink anywhere, (at least on mine).

Car mode is what I expected, kinda bland in the looks department, but it does look good when compared with the movie cars, and even Classics or Cybertron cars that I own. Everything holds together nicely in vehicle mode, no loose pieces, and nothing holding SO tight it feels like it's going to break when transforming.

Transformation to bot mode is both easy, but intricate at the same time. The leg transformation in particular is very interesting, and I can say I'm impressed with how it was done(just don't ask me to explain it,lol). Overall I'm very pleased with the transformation, and hope to see more innovative designs like this one!

Bot mode, this is where Swerve shines. He's got good articulation, although he doesn't have bicep or hip swivels, but that doesn't seem to be a big deal (again, for me). What I did find surprising though was that he has wrist rotaion, so if I can find a weapon that his hand can hold, I could get some really decent poses out of him. The one thing that concerns me about him though are his knees. Because of his transformation, the knees are connected to the area where the roof connects to the back window. It doesn't seem as bad as I initially thought it would be with all the previous pics, so we'll see how they hold up. Seeing as how I paid $100 for him, I didn't plan on TFing him much anyway so the knees should be fine on mine.

Overall I give Swerve an A-, with his only faults that I find being his lack of weapon and questionable knees. I sincerely hope he is put in mass production for Universe though, no matter what color he is he's just too good a mold not to be available for everyone!! :thumb sup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Not bad at all!

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice! Thanks for sharing, d00d.

Does he have any Automorph?

I've been trying to avoid eBay, because I know if I saw one with a BIN of $100 or less, I'd be very tempted to hit it. Here's hoping for a TFU/Classics 2.0 release!

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, nothing I consider automorph, which I'm glad of since that feature has been hit or miss for me.

Also, good idea avoiding Ebay if you're afraid of caving, that's all I'm gonna say.:lol 

5. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got this guy and the strange yellow version from the same seller.

I'm very impressed with him; I felt he has a sort of Centurion vibe coming from him. He looks heavily armoured and I could easily imagine a whole troop of them being used in battle.

I told a guy at work that I thought he looked a bit like a Centurion, and he thought I meant from Battlestar Galactica. He then proceeded to pick out where they were similar, and he was right on some elements.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry to dredge up this zombie thread but I'm wondering for those that have Aveo Swerve, how does he hold up against the cars in the Alternators line size wise in both car and bot mode?

If it's comparable, my interest in this figure skyrockets quite a bit.

The bot mode seems like it will be shorter but I would just incorporate him into the ALT line as a Mini Spy. So I guess as long as the car size is good, then I will definitely seek one out to buy.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Small. If memory serves (cos my gf is asleep in the bedroom, it's 5am and i don't wanna wake her up moving toys about haha) it's about 1/2 - 2/3 the size of the vehicle mode.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Damn.

What about Classics? Is his car mode too big to hang with Mirage, Hot Rod, and OP?

9. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I'd say he's slightly larger than the Classics. Probably more inline with the movie deluxes or even the Cybertron deluxes. He's still a cool bot though. :thumbs2: 

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Damn. I guess he will be Movie Swerve then. Not that that is bad or anything. I was just hoping to add another to ALTs or CLA.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:

Ya he pretty much falls in between all these lines, while he's Alternator and Classics-esq he's really just a gussied up version of movie Swindle, although still a very good one. At the price though he still comes nowhere close to matching the product.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *shrug* I've got mine mixed in with my Classics bots, he fits in really well IMO.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    You have him?

14. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    He is not a bad little figure. Glad I managed to snag him from the chevy online store a few weeks back for a relatively cheap price :) 

I have put him firmly with my other movie deluxes. He fits most comfortably there.

With my binaltech figures he just looks cheap and stands out too much.

15. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    well i got it off ebay because it was no longer in that store, but i payed just like 10$ more because that extra 50$ makes the price go way up. i am so happy with the figure.the autobot symbol rubbed off but i am fine with it very nice fig and well worth owning an exclusive. ps the yellow one was a fan repaint and i heard before (this was when i 1st sae picks and looked him up for a few hours previous to EBAY) that someone got it for like 25 bucks at a local flea market, and it was't movie swindle , the pics he took were of the figure

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yay! I know that avatar image :) 

Awesome thing is the open hands can generally take weapons, just not always very well.

17. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want one of these so damn bad..... I got screwed over by the chevy website and then I bought one off eBay for $75 only to have it supposedly get lost in the mail or stolen off my front step. Now they sell for anywhere between $100 and $200 and I just can't justify that price, let alone a second time.

18. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Now that this subject reappeared, I will once again share my pics of Universe Swerve and Movie Deluxe Swindle for reference. This thread needs working pics anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, zombie thread ahoy!:lol 

This just reminds me how sad I am I had to sell mine last year, maybe I'll be able to acquire him again someday.:cry 

20. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

I have one for sale if anybody's interested?