Heavy/Scratch: Aveo Swerve Leg Issues

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by videriant, Jul 25, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did a trade with a board member in Canada for a the Chevy Aveo Swerve. Just got the item and the leg fell right off. It looks like the factory installed one of the pins in the legs at an angle so it took a chunk out of the plastic. The board member is willing to let me ship my Swerve back to him and send me his but I'd feel bad because it's not his fault as the item was MISB. I've gotten one advice on how to fix it but I do not know how to go about doing this. All I have at home are your normal tools.

Pic 1 is pin. It was forced in at an angle so the hole is double the size now.
    Pic 2 is where the pin should go. As you can see, the pin was forced in at an angle and took out a chunk. I'm afraid that if I straighten the pin and force it in the hole will crack completely. Or if it doesn't crack right away, it'll crack later with repeat transformation.

Attached Files:

2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    wow that is a terrible situation to be in. my first alternator was missing a pin in his foot so i returned it and got skids, but this is beyond scary.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you could use apoxie sculpt to repair the part, and then drill a fresh pin hole to put the pin through.

4. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this something obvious I can just look up.

Is epoxy/apoxie something I can just squeeze into the hole.

How do you drill a pin hole? I'm familiar with the normal drills although not this small but that's usually just a straight hole. Where's the catch for a pin to hold it in place.

Thanks.

5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aves Apoxy sculpt is a clay like material that cures to a hard state, so I think he is stating to use the sculpt to rebuild the shape of the joint, then use one of the small drill bits included with your dremel to make a new hole. The pin should have a burr on it, so it should catch on its own.

You either have to call or email Aves to buy the sculpt. I'm not sure why they don't have a standard checkout system tbh, they take paypal though so its not that bad.

6. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay. The Apoxy I can order. I don't have a dremel but I was planning on getting one at one point.

Can you clarify on the pin? If I drill a straight hole, what does the burr/ridges on the pin on?

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you drill the hole the exact size or microscopically smaller than the pin, and friction does the rest.

8. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Good luck man. I have confidence in you. And yeah, as was mentioned above most pins just fit due to friction. Make the hole just as big as it needs to be, no larger, and push the pin in.