Avengers vs X-Men: next event

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ILoveDinobot, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yeah, at first I was kinda exited about Cable's return in X-Sanction and these match ups, but then it just felt so much like "been there, done that" and I remembered why. No real progress happens anymore. It's all just rehash. And even with my favorite characters I can only take so much of it before I gets tired. Cable was the one X-Men character I wasn't burned out on yet. But now I've reached my limit sadly. It's been how many years since Hope was introduced now and we STILL don't know if she will save the world or destroy it yet. The 90's were the last decade I could truly believe in the "illusion of progess" in terms of comic book characters truly evolving and plots actually going somewhere. Maybe someday, I'll come back if resolution ever returns. But I think this is finally goodbye to Marvel for me (their fabulous Wizard of Oz series adaptations not withstanding).

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was thinking, why doesn't the Phoenix go after Franklin Richards? Isn't he like a super powerful mutant.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Because then they'd have to make it X-Men vs Avengers vs FF :D 

Come to think of it, that would probably be their NEXT crossover :lol 

5. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Civil War version 2? XD

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Marvel Avengers vs X-Man

This cool and awesome comic book is coming out next month I already made my reservation can't wait to start reading it, should be exciting. Having all the members from the Avengers facing off against the members of the X-Man, what's confusing is since when Wolverine and Beast is part of the Avengers? and it would be weird seeing them against X-Man. Who you think will be left standing? Avengers or X-Man. I say Avengers simply because they have the Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Ironman, Haulkeye

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Just got done reading AvX #0 and it's not a bad read. I see a lot of potential for fun that Fear Itself just didn't deliver on. Obviously it's just a set up issue...but I've enjoyed the "embracing his inner douche" version of Cyclops and I think this is a great set up for him being the "new Magneto" he seems to be on the path to becoming...in all honesty as long as Avengers isn't 3 issues of interviews about what happened without showing any action it'll already be better than Fear Itself

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't worry. I'm sure Bendis will find an even stupider and more useless way to handle his tie-in issues.

9. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I find it amazing that Marvel keeps paying him to write such useless tie-ins. Frankly I'm more worried about the main event though. Bendis is absolutely terrible at writing events. Secret Invasion, with such a promising premise, was paced terribly, ignored a lot of storytelling holes, and ended so badly.

10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Just finished Issues 0 and 1. I'm no fan of Romita's art anymore, "classic" though he may be considered, but I can dig it so far.

My rundown? Wolverine is still a traitor to his people, and the John Cena of Marvel comics. I have no love lost on him. Cyclops is right: Cap and the Avengers taking Hope? That's bullshit. If they aren't going to leave it to the mutant community to deal with mutant issues, they should at least attempt to 50-50 the thing instead of showing up on Utopia's doorstep all "kid's coming with us, sorry about you're luck". That being said, Cyke's rebuttal was a bit unnecessary. I'm hoping Scarlet Witch comes back into this thing after Vision slammed the door in her face, and turns the tide.

I know the X-Men are probably being slated to be the bad guys in this (because, let's face it, it's the Assemble-Friends, and they have a movie coming out in a month), but I'm rooting for them. I'm sick of Wolverine being shoved down peoples throats in every comic and team-up, and I'm frustrated as hell that all the way from M-Day to the Messiah War, they built up Utopia and Cyclops as this free world for Mutants with Cyke at the helm because he DESERVED it, only for Wolverine to fuck it up because Marvel needed to milk their cash cow and now it's all downhill for years of well done story giving their race a place to go and a thing to be.

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Instead of "no more mutants," Wanda should have said "no more stupid, pointless, expensive comic book events."

All kidding aside, I'm on the fence about this one. I haven't purchased a Marvel book in years, thanks to the nonsense that was Civil War, Secret Invasion, House of M, etc. but I'm thinking of giving it a shot, even though I'm getting a massive Civil War 2 vibe from this.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Read the first or 0 issue, other than the art wasn't impressed.

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty much standard Bendis talky stuff. Definitely not a good way to start your crossover.

14. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Round One is available digitally now. Just finished reading it. I'm getting the same vibe off it I got from Civil War, namely "they're both right but one is more obviously a jerk."

My prediction, no spoilers, is that this is the big reboot. Either it's a DC style 52 reboot or simply a roll back of all the Bendis changes, ie more mutants, Fury back in SHIELD, the Avengers as an independent group, etc.

15. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Kind of doubt, Marvel has maintained that their "continuity" is one of the things that makes them different from DC's constant reboots. Also, they already have done some of the roll backs you mentioned - which is more mutants (the Messiah Complex and Second Coming), and the Avengers as a more independent group already (Luke Cage's New Avengers, and Steve Roger's Secret Avengers for two, and even the big guns Avengers don't answer to the type of government restrictions they used to have back in the 80s or late 90s.).

16. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    pretty much

Attached Files:

17. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Marvel still tweaks their continuity. The way they go about it is just, usually, more subtle than how DC does it.

18. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Yes they do, which is why I had quotation marks on "continuity". It isn't just subtle though, they've downright kept it more or less tight compared to DC's constant stream of crazy reboots and fixes.

19. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked #1 and it's the first non-tf comic book I've bought since messiah complex. I think this will be good and put the x-men back into hiding/on the run rather than living in utopia away from people. Ultimately I think the end pay out will be the return of Jean Grey.

20. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I dunno, with things like a deal with the devil to undo a marriage and erase everyone's memory of a secret identity, clones, an actress made to look like a relative to name a few character specific examples... Seems to me Marvel has a constant stream of their own crazy reboots and fixes over the years.