Avengers: The Initiative #7 (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I thought this was a pretty good issue.

The issue focused on the Scarlet Spiders and Spidey guest starred.

<Spoiler>
    They could have just fixed Spiderman's identity problems right there. At the end, the Spiders change their appearance to look like Parker. Told everyone that Parker was using an experimental suit, and isn't Spiderman. That right there was probably the smartest way I think to fix the problems with Parker's secret identity, at least to the normal public. We don't need One More Day. Let May die, and get on with it...Peter can get his job back, and stay married to MJ.
    <End Spoiler>

2. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loved this. Just worked for me.

I liked the pro and anti reggistration working together aspect which also made me like New Avengers 36.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

That would have worked better than one more day and what most people figured would happen. But supposedly a married spiderman makes kids think he's too old to be interesting, and he need to wine over Aunt may again till they go try to make her desperately sick or dying in another 5 years. Never mind there there is a young spider-man in ultimate. Also Marvels policy is if a story won't work, retcon history so it will. Who cares if it makes sense or not. Want more readers kill characters, you can always bring them back 3 issues later....okay I could go on, but I think we have all heard my rants at this point.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

This issue was actually the make or break for me. If it was good, I was going ot keep the title, if not, gone.

It stayed. Definately a great issue and I hope they can keep it up.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i was about to drop it until i heard eric o'grady is gonna show up in it....and he was just too cool as the irredeemable antman...cant believe marvel canceled that book....but oh well, the character lives on somehow...i just hope who ever is writing doesnt make him suck....

6. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

This post has spoilers and questions.

At the end, the spiders unmask - are they supposed to be Peter Parker clones? I'm not sure from the art. And is that Ben Reilly in the ice? He was the original Scarlet Spider and a Peter Parker clone as well right? I missed the whole clone saga thing - what happened to him after the saga?

Thanks!

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

That's Allstar... who got toasted in issue two.

8. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks!

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yea, unfortunately Caselli's art is very washy. It's nice but everyone looks the same. Look at his stuff in G.I.Joe, Defex, Runaways/Young Avengers, and Initiative. if not for colo differences, everyone would look roughly the exact same.

But those are clones, just not Peter. As stated, they are of MVP who was killed in a trainning exercise and as seen throughout the series, thye have kept it on the down-low as well as kept his body.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

MVP! Why did I call him Allstar? XD

- nerd points for me :3