Avengers: Mighty/New/Dark

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Jan 16, 2009.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So now there's 3 Avengers title....since i didn't buy the Secret Invasion arc, i dont really know much about any of them...so whats going on

...but from searching, the teams consist of:

Dark Avengers (as seen in DA #1):
    Iron Patroit
    Ares
    Sentry
    Ms. Marvel
    Wolverine (in his brown suit)
    Spider-Man (in his black suit)
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
    Marvel Boy

New Avengers (if NA #48 cover is the team and wikipedia is right):
    Captain America (Bucky version)
    Luke Cage
    Spider-Man (in his red/blue suit)
    Wolverine (in his blue/yellow suit)
    Ronin (Clint Barton)
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Ms. Marvel
    Mockingbird
    Jessica Jones

Mighty Avengers (if wikipedia is right):
    Hercules
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Jocasta
    Scarlet Witch
    Stature
    U.S. Agent
    Vision II
    Wasp (Henry Pym)

so we got two Wolverines, Spider-Mans, and Clints running around in different suits, couple characters running in two different titles....Hulk running around with the Avengers again...two Iron Mens now...funny to see that MA doesnt have Logan in it.

i'm thinking Dark Avengers will be like what X-Force is...doing stuff that the Avengers wouldn't do.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Dark Avengers =thunderbolts
    Iron Patroit Norman osborn
    Ares it's him
    Sentry it's him
    Ms. Marvel Moonstone
    Wolverine (in his brown suit) His Son what's his name
    Spider-Man (in his black suit) venom
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton) bullseye or taskmaster
    Marvel Boy it is him

New Avengers (bendis is writing so who cares he can't write teams)
    Captain America (Bucky version)
    Luke Cage
    Spider-Man (in his red/blue suit)
    Wolverine (in his blue/yellow suit)
    Ronin (Clint Barton)
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Ms. Marvel
    Mockingbird
    Jessica Jones

Mighty Avengers ??? not sure writer claims he's writing old school style so it may be interesting
    Hercules
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Jocasta
    Scarlet Witch
    Stature
    U.S. Agent
    Vision II
    Wasp (Henry Pym)

Honestly your not missing anything, marvel has been high on stunts and low on substance for awhile now. They end one crossover/ stunt and start a new one. Throw continuity out the window, spit on their own characters and tell you it's great writing. It'll go away in 3 to 6 months when they have their next stunt.

Basically Norman Osborn is in charge of Shield(he's renaming it Hammer) Bad guys are in charge and most of the hero teams will be outlaws.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    This is why I don't read Marvel these days. You can't keep up with what's going on.

4. OmegaScourge

more reading, some say Iron Patroit is Norman and Marvel Girl is Moonstone.

But i can see Mach V (or whatever number he is) being the Iron Patroit..

the pic, i see that Wolverine/Daken has the tats....but SM/Venom, way too thin to be Gragen, so maybe Brock is back (as he is about the same size now). I can see Bullseye and Moonstone being the two.

5. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    You know, if things had been paced not quite so rushed, and done as earth shattering events, I could see how this would make for a VERY compelling read. Over the span of several years, doing Civil War, Secret Invasion, then this Dark Avengers, all as just over arching stories, not "Events", just well planned, stories with big ramifications. Too bad the marketing and quick-buck mentality sunk something that could legitimately have make Marvel head and shoulders above the competition... But such is life.

6. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    This is why I like Green Lantern they give you hints of what is coming, but the stories take time and when they get to the pay off it's worth the wait. After I read each issue I want the next one. But I still understand what is going on, I don't need cliff notes or a recap issue to understand what is going on. I also only really have to buy 1 book, it's going on in two, but they both explain each other well enough that you don't have to have the other one. You want it, but your aren't required to get it to understand how part 2 goes into part 3 then buy this other book over here which crosses over into another book like at marvel. It's selling more right now, but readers are starting to burn out based on the comments I keep seeing those who used to be procrossover are sick of it and events months to a year past are still being complained about.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wolvy's son Daken, is the Dark Avenger Wolverine, you can tell by the claws. I was thinking maybe DA Venom is Carnage.

8. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Isn't carnage dead in space, ripped in half by Sentry in the early NA issues?

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, carnage is gone still...i think...and i'm dropping mighty avengers, might still read NA for awhile...i kinda wanna read dark avengers, just for a bit, but not for 3.99...i think its time to learn how to DL comics, and read these 3 that way...and i'm usually very anti piracy on comics...but this is just not worth my money...and if its get better, then i'll start buying it again...

10. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Well Sentry did kill Cassidy, so he is dead, don't know if his symbiote died with him though. So a Carnage might still be around, jsut not the original Carnage.

Really I'm in the same boat as many others though. I'm so burnt out by the huge event after event and the constant continuity and status quo changes over the last year or two that I just don't care anymore. Most of the new characters that have popped up like Logan's son simply aren't that interesting, and they've screwed with everyone else so much that they are barely recognizable as the characters i grew up on and loved so much. As an adult comic fan my money has started going almost exclusively to nice hardback collections of older series like the Marvel Omnibuses and DC's Archives. My last big purchase being the Howard the Duck collection.

I do still enjoy X-Factor though. But most of that is my love of the Multiple Man and how he's being written in it. I've always preferred the characters with the more quirky powers like him.

11. OmegaScourge

i was gonna pick up DA cause it looked the most interesting of all three....but since you pointed out the $3.99 price...and looking at the new Previews, number #3 is still $3.99 (so it's not just a first issue thing) i guess i wont be...$2.99 is my max unless its a mini.

it also stated that NA is also $3.99...MA is $2.99 though

so who's running around in the Thunderbolts title??? unless thats them too.

yeah, one of my favs...hopefully they get a new artist though...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    There are going to be new thunderbolts based on previews. Also for Spidey=Venom when Gargan was scorpion he as pretty skinny, the newer version of venom can apparently bulk up the user(in contrast to the original version of brock who was just a body builder[they constantly had him lifting weights before battle]) So it probably is him unless it's another clone or ben reilly, but Marvel hasn't been very plot heavy lately so it'll be Venom.

13. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I figured Iron Captain America was going to be one of the Citizen V's

14. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Zemo went good then was MIA, the female one died I think.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I had finally caught up with Sercet Invasion 6-8 and really wanted my money back. Seriously, if the Skrulls had won I coulda lived with that, but Norman Osborn given controlled of the all the registered super-heroes WTF. Some things are just too stupid I'm sorry.

Besides Cap, Ultimate Spidey, Uncanny, and X-men Legacy (those last two are at a low point also); I'm done with Marvel. They just continue to piss in the face of their established fanbase for quick sales.

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'll get DA for Ares. The character is just to awesome. He's like an updates Herc. Who is also cool by the way. And you just know that Ares and Norman will not get along at all.

However, this is so goin got screw up my Avengers Marvel Legends. Do I now have to put Green Goblin with the Avengers, really?

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

This is the only thing that could get me to buy the book.

I like the basic premise of Dark Reign. I think it's brilliant and terrifying. I should be excited for it. I want to be excited for it, but I'm just too burnt out on this type of thing.

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Your right about that. The basic premise is brilliant. If this would've happen throughout the pages of Avengers series and not the "Mega crossover event of the month," then yeah I'd probably be exicted about it too. "Things changing drastically for MU" has been hyped so much and so often now, it really has no effect. The drama and excitement is gone for what probably would have been an awesome story if Marvel would sell as a story and not as yet another event.