Avenger: The Initiative

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by JD, Apr 5, 2007.

1. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Pretty cool issue, though I couldn't help but think of Starship Troopers at the end

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I read this issue solely on some friends' recommendation. I'll definitely stick around for a few more issues, though. The premise is quite promising, and some of the characters have potential (although we haven't really gotten very in-depth with any of them). I just hope that Vance finally gets sick and tired of Gauntlet dissing the New Warriors and telekinetically tosses him into the sun or something.

3. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I thought when I saw that scene. I'm guessing the cover-up is going to be a major plot point for the series and the young heroes.

spoiler (sort of) I'm surprised they developed MVP so much and then just killed him off.

4. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he might have a healing factor because when the nazi dude finished the autopsy he said he found something "which is most disturbing" and apparently "may change everything."

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Spoiler alert

I think what that dude is referring to is during the autopsy he discovered MVP wasn't super powered at all, and the Initiative has just killed its first non powered civilian.

Everyone just assumed his atletic prowess was due to a deriative on the Super soldier formula (he's Erskines Grandkid) but I think he was just a super athletic guy... and this cover up might not find its way back to Iron Man, which could lead to next years Civil War 2, the Inititive versus Shield!

6. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...So, was there any mention of the Great Lakes chapter yet? :D 
    Sadly, I'm betting I have to wait until the Summer GLI/Deadpool crossover for any update on my favorite Marvel group.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I read it and immediately thought New X-Men. The only reason I'm going to keep getting it is for War machine and Pym.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    me too...this issue was just ok, but that part was kinda cool, just want to know if it sticks....but we'll see...i may drop this book, still not sure....however, if deadpool ever shows up, im so in...

9. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I was debating on picking this one up after I got bit by "Mightily Crappy Avengers." I'm just wondering if I should wait for the trade instead or go issue-to-issue.