Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Schide, May 24, 2008.

1. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, I looked and there doesn't seem to have been a thread about this show here before, which somewhat baffles me unless I consider the horribly sporadic airing of it. But this show really deserves discussion. If you have never watched it or have avoided it for whatever reason, you owe it to yourself to at least give it a chance. Of course, the beginning of the series takes a few episodes to get really good, but when it does it never stops. Avatar has a great blend of intelligent and physical humor, superb animation, heartfelt storylines, deep characters, and well choreographed fight scenes. It's easily one of the best American cartoons ever made.

Unfortunately, it seems the last six episodes won't air until July, after having only two episodes in April since the previous episode aired in January. However, I won't lament the end of the show, since it appears to be coming to its natural conclusion with the last four episodes showcasing the series' finale. Also, I'm guessing this thread might get a lot of discussion until the last shows begin airing, but whatever.

Also there's some sort of movie being made but I don't care much about that.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the characterization, especially Uncle Iro and Zuko. Reminds me a lot of Gundam Seed. The bad guys aren't 2 dimensional and the good guys screw up.

Sadly Nick is doing with Avatar what CN did with Justice League. It's gotten so I don't even try to watch it on Nick, instead I just check periodically online for new episodes and download them. Sad part is there are more episodes out on DVD now than have been aired.

I hope they find a way to continue the show, then again it really was only designed to tell the tale of the Avatar's return and how he ends the war. What I would like to see is a recap episode set a few years after war is ended and the Avatar has restored balance.

As for the live action movie, there's a good story here and if they can get the right writers, directors and actors, it could be a very successful movie franchise.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    For me the best thing about Avatar is the easy 1000 achievement points I got from its game. :) 

4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Saw on tv a day or two ago new episodes start on july 14 as well as a made for tv movie.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the recommendation from the Totally Rad Show podcast I checked it out. My girlfriend and I loved the 1st disc we rented from Netflix so we bought the first season on DVD. Sadly we haven't had the opportunity to watch any more than we have. I really want to get season 2 on DVD before we start trekking through it, because it seems like a show that we wont want to stop watching.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that movie is actually going to be the final 4 episodes of the show. So basically Nick is just tossing everything they have left at us at once. I guess that's ok, but it means that's all we'll be getting unless they decide to do more with it, besides the live action movie of course.

7. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Did avatar get cancelled? I thought they were going for the full 5 seasons?

I know they seemed to stop 10 episodes into season 3.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've seen a few episodes, it looks really good. I did wonder if Season 3 would be the end but I figured not seeing most of it that maybe something would occur to carry it on further. Like he finally ends the war, but a new opponent emerges / the end of the war brings to light a new conflict.

Pity about the airing, I'm pretty sure Nick here treats it the same as Transformers Animated - endless reruns, but always stopping short of the end of the season for reasons unknown.

9. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rumor is, that the show will be changing to Avatar: Legend of Aang after the third season.

10. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

It's one of the only shows in the past couple of yrs that I have liked on nick. It seems season 3 will be the finale which doesn't make much sense every season/chapter had an element after it.

11. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Actually it makes sense for there to only be three seasons. When the show starts, Aang already knows air bending. In season two he learns Earth bending and in season three he learns fire bending. The only way I would see a 4th season happening is if it's the season where he finally takes down the fire lord to end the war.

Well it make sense that Nick would finally start airing new eps, given the last eps of season 3 are out on DVD July 29th.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  12. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Double Post FTL!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I love TRS but I just can't get interested.

14. Weekend Gamer

Weekend Gamer Metal Expert

News Credits:
    I ignored the show until i gave it a shot last week. I'm glad I did. Most amazing thing I have ever watched.

EDIT: nevermind