Avatar: Last Airbender, Series ender

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by nkelsch, Jul 19, 2008.

1. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, just last week I was all like 'man, what happened to this show.

This week they had the 8 final episodes (4 regular and a 2 hour movie)

Awesome. Great ending, looks like the show is over for good but it is an amazing series.

Anyone catch it?

Edit: and I can't spell avatar....

2. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i just watched it as well and it is sad to see what pretty much is the best cartoon of this latest decade if not more end....but it was badass to the extreme

only thing i would add to that episode.....an appearance by the cabbage man and/or the foam at the mouth guy :lolol 

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't realy watched since season 1 but that was a great finale. Probably should watch the whole thing sometime.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    apparently there will be a couple of movies or specials set after the end of the series, they will come out around the time of the live action movie to add to the hype. we'll probably find out about zuco's mother and other lose ends then.

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    You missed out seasons 2 and 3 ramped up the plot and the action.

6. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    live action movie???? wait i am confused

7. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

yeah There is an Avatar movie on the works...the only real painful detail being....M nigth shalyman is directing...Ph34r...

on much happier topics that was absolutely great.

and hope they give equivalents of Ovas etc to finish off all lost plot thread that were on the series

8. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read originally that the show's creators will have a tight leash on M. Night so he doesn't screw it up.

The ending was awesome, but they left unanswered quests, like the obvious Zuko's mom. Did anyone else catch from the episode about Katara's mom, that there was a spy in their water tribe? Thats another thing they could address in a movie or new series. Probably not too important...

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I've only been able to catch a few episodes of Avatar here and there, and I did see the finale. Really wish I could have seen the show from beginning to end. Every episode I saw I really enjoyed and the finale was spectacular. Really great show.

10. nkelsch

The DVD boxed sets are worth purchasing or renting off netflix.

The extras and such are really neat. They talk about the parallels between China and Japan (fire nation = japan, Earth kingdom = china) and show how they patterned bending off kung fu.

And the show is better when watched front to back as there is a progressive storyline as well as done-in-one aspects.

11. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

BY far the best kids show on television. Hands down. Actually teaches lessons in loyalty honor morality love friendship, etc. without filler. Traditional martial arts theory and definitely traditional kung fu and wushu. I've been watching this show relentlessly since it started and have nothing bad to say about it. Reminded me of robotech alot, as it dealt with serious emotional issues and drama w/o watering it down for a younger audience.
    M.night shymalan rocks. I'm sorry he is one of the most original filmakers alive today. He keeps true to his vision and doesn't bend to BS hollywood pressure. As an artist he is visionary and he became interested in avatar thru his young daughter who was a huge fan. Anyone who goes against the hollywood grain is a win in my book. Plus the cast for the live acton movie is a bunch of unknowns! Perfect!
    I heard the cartoon might continue but folllow the story of an earlier avatar,
    hopefully Roku. We definitely will find out what happened to zuko's mom in one way or another.

12. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

YAAY. If the creator keep a tigth leash my hope for that movie is over 9000!( yeah I hate him...Quite a lot since signs for some reason)

as said I know there is a lot plot threads that havent been answered- posibly due time constraints and I supose problems with nicklodeon etc. as said I hope we get ovas or extra chapters to fix things

also now that I rewatched that scenewith zuko is funny
    "also dont ever break up with me" Zuko puts his best " yes maam " face

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    What can I say? Perfect ending to a perfect show. Just a pity they never revealed what happened to Zuko's mom.

14. nkelsch

For a government wanting to commit mass genocide as the 'final solution', they kept pretty humane prisons it looked like.

She has got to be dead from that one episode as the alternative was they were gonna kill Zucco in response to Iro's son dying. They had to have killed her instead.

Know what I would love? An update of this series about 20 years in the future in time from now. Like an Epilogue episode.

15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:

Again their planning 2 to 3 animated specials set after the events of sozens comet.

16. Venksta

News Credits:
    No, Zuko's dad confirmed that she was banished. He told Zuko he wished he had killed her instead or something. Why would Zuko ask his father where she is, in the finale, if she was already dead?

17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Maybe to find where she's buried so Zuko could pay his respects. But on topic, I was happy that it ended, but sad to see it gone so soon, but I too was sorta running new adventures of Aang and his gang. lol(okay that was a bad pun.) Like what happen in the future after that war was over and so on. You know the best part was Katara and Aang finally kissed (I know that sounds weird and maybe inapproipate for some of us) but I found that to be beautiful and it tucked on my heart string. Okay I know that sounds corny but I that was great because the hell they went through and was time for that. I hope there are 2 of 3 animated specials and if not well I'm just fine with that. But still that was a heck of a series.

18. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Whatever happened to them having 5 seasons? :/ I could have sworn I heard that mentioned at some point.

19. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

That was good, that was real good. I'm wondering if they might have a 4th book. 1st book is water, 2nd book is earth, and 3rd is fire. Anything going on for air?

20. Venksta

News Credits:
    If they did do a new season called Air, it could be about either finding or forming a new Air Nomad tribe.