Availability of MP03 Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Overlord II, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, I've got a question.....

Asked it in the News forum under the release of MP Starscream but I have a feeling it won't be answered there..

Anyhow,

I unfortunately have been late getting on the MP SS boat, and have now started saving for him...(100.00 at once, I can't handle)

How long does something like this remain available? Are we talking months, years (I figure about 6 mths before I am able to order him)?

Any idea will be very helpful.

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Six months is probably pushing it. I'd say that is the upper end of the spectrum. After that it will probably start becoming tougher to find available in stores (though it should still be readily available on ebay for years).

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Yes. The anticipation of one that's in anime colors will probably have a strong effect on secondary market value too. Odds are that six months from now it wont be too hard to find it at the same price that it sells for currently.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yeah, the hatred for the toy here is mirrored in Japan so there's a smaller market for this toy as opposed to MP-01 Convoy who was flawless. I wouldn't be surprised to find Starscream at the same price in 6 months or even longer.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I actually wouldn't be surprised to find him for even cheaper once/if word gets out that there will *definitely* be a color accurate repaint. And a hundred bucks says that if they do a reissue, he'll not only be colored properly but also include a crown (and maybe a cape) to justify it and not get royally lynched by everyone who bought this current version.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm sure he'll be about for a while to come.

7. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

MP-05 Starscream Perfect Edition

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I charge damn near every toy I buy so I can get 'em the minute they come out. Sometimes that means I carry a little debt now and then, but I've found that the interest on credit cards (in the short term!) is less than eBay markup rates.

9. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the info guys....I'll see what I can do go get the $$$ sooner...SS is my favorite, love the mold and the colors grew on me.