Autorooper

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Feb 14, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought this deserved its own thread.

I have a couple of questions regarding Autorooper, and most of the problem would I guess stem from the fact that I don't speak Japanese, and there's no real info on him on Wikipedia.

First question: I assume from the box art that there is a shitload of Autorooper? Are they sparkless robots? They have no faction symbol, and appear to be part of the Earth Defense Command, which is a human organization. Are they just policebots made using Cybertron technology?

Second question: is there any significance to the decals? I know the default is numbered 04, with a particular character accompanying it on the top. But there are like 12 total characters besides the default. Does anyone have any idea what they are?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    yeah, they're basically just drones, not Transformers/Autobots

I'm also assuming they're possessed by Kremzeek or something

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Possessed by Kremzeek? I know they shoot "Kremzeek bullets" or something silly like that from their guns, but I don't think they are possessed. I know that they are bonded to various Kiss Players, at least i think that was the story from the manga. It was... weird and hard to follow.

THe number 04 unit is the one bonded with... well, what ever Kiss Player he's packaged with. Atari?

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Yeah, from the comic it seems the roopers have kiss player girlies in their "gooey" center. Very, very weird.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Autorooper is a man made TF, but has a potential to develop indivisual personality depending on its partner Kiss Player. Atari's Autorooper saves her at the end of the story (or something, according to Autobase Aichi review)

A member had a translation of the sticker sheet, but I saw it in N&R forum a while ago. 12 symbols are Japanese Chinese zodiac (子(ね)-ne stands for rat), and I understand those letters are used to distinguish each troop. I haven't seen the stickewr sheet myself so I can't say any more.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i always thought it was autotrooper.

what does -rooper refer to?

7. SydneyY

News Credits:
    オート(Auto) + トルーパー(trooper)= Autorooper, I reckon. I just can't think of other examples but Japanese people make up this sort of new word often. I'll think about it and be back with some examples.

8. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Any time I hear or read "Autorooper", I think of a robotic Mr. Roper from Three's Company.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  10. GogDog

News Credits:
    Wait, that Wiki suggests that The Autobots are fighting against the EDC? I thought that the EDC were the good guys?

*Edit*
    Oh, I guess the Kiss Play series has added storyline:

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya the translation to proper English would be from rooper>trooper, so Autotrooper makes sense. I call him Autrotrooper as I presume that was the idea.

As for the stickers I pretty much just slapped on random ones off the sheet for the custom set as it came with a wide array to choose from: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/soundwaveca/Junk/KissPlayersAutorooperCar17.jpg

Pretty much just chose the symbol that I thought looked the neatest, although what it translates too is anyones guess.

12. GogDog

News Credits:
    This summed it up nicely:
    I chose the number 2 along with the default sign that the number 4 came with, only becasue it matched the license plate.

13. SydneyY

News Credits:
    That's tiger, SWC. Wise choice.