Autocracy #9 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, May 8, 2012.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

#9 vanished from Comixology website and Kindle. Anybody else seeing this?

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just downloaded it from my iPhone about five minutes ago.

As to what happens in the issue, the worst part about it is that I have to wait two weeks for the next one. After looking at the final page and thinking about what's next, the first thing that came to mind were these quotes from Rocky III.

What's your prediction for the fight?
    My prediction?
    Yes, your prediction.
    ...Pain.

4. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Still gone from Kindle. They've said there was a "hiccup" with it...

5. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Crap in a hat! It isn't available

6. Demerge

Demerge Dimension-Ripper

Get the IDW app, it runs on comixology and it's available there.

On topic: really liked this issue, art during the transformation was excellent in evoking the animated movie. Not a big fan of Optimus' design tho....

7. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't really seem to be in continuity with the rest of IDW, based on those last couple of pages. I still like it though.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does he look like? And where does this story fit in the current IDW continuity?

9. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) Like in "Chaos Theory", but without big guns on his arms.
    2) Right after M:O.

As for the story.. Doesn't it retcon this whole "he wasn't chosen by the Matrix, he was forced to have it" from "Chaos Theroy"...? Or am I missing something?

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah okay. So does Sentinel become a Prime at all did? Cause wasn't he a Prime in Megatron Origins?

11. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

He preceded Zeta, didn't he?

12. Demerge

Demerge Dimension-Ripper

I think the 'Prime' title was all that remained of the tradition of the passage of the matrix, since it appears to have been lost a LONG time. I could be wrong tho. So, they're fake Primes, making Optimus the first one in a few.... Billion years?

That sound about right?

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    ComiXology isn't displaying issue 9 for me, which is a shame because I have loved Autocracy all the way so far.

14. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, is the matrix being lost something they showed in autocracy? I haven't been up on these lately.

15. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if by "lost" we mean "right under Zeta Prime office, waiting for someone to fall from the sky"...

16. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Chaos Theory suggests that Nominus Prime had the Matrix, since Blaster mentions in the newscast that the Matrix Flame is being checked to see if Nominus is still alive.

17. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime took the Matrix from Nominus Prime (we see this in a recent flash back) so that the council would have control over the Creation Matrix. That was their goal in taking it from Nominus who most likely was the last "Prime" to actually have the Matrix inside his chest before Optimus found it.

Sentinel Prime was killed by Megatron, which I always wondered why he didn't capture the Matrix? Wouldn't it have being in his interest to do so? So the fact it wasn't in his chest to begin with makes sense.

With Sentinel Prime gone, the council rebuilt and made Zeta their Prime who like Sentinel never actually had the Matrix inside his chest. Making Optimus Prime the first Prime since Nominus to actually hold the Matrix in his chest.

here's the thing though, I've re-read every issue I'd had and no where does it actually say Nominus is dead. Yes he was captured, the Matrix took from him but no where does it say he's dead. Wonder if Rodimus will find him out there in space?

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Sentinel was show with a clamp device over Nominus in MTMTE #4.

Then Sentinel was upgraded in title for chief of security to Prime, but he never really seemed to get into his new duties. Points for actually being a decent bot, in retrospect.

I don't know if Zeta was ever rebuilt from anything, he was probably just as he is right now before his new title. Although I do have to wonder exactly what he did turn into.

Some things in Autocracy clash with Chaos Theory. Megatron and Orion supposedly met in a bridge fight [Sherma Bridge] after Megatron's jail time, not during Zeta's reign.

Orion's rebuilt frame in Chaos Theory, pt 2, with extra space for the matrix seems a bit redundant as he was blown to pieces [even over that spot] and then upgraded AGAIN by the matrix.

Finally, when Optimus told Ratchet that he felt pain when he got the Matrix and was puzzled when Rodimus said he felt perfect, I always took it that Optimus wasn't really compatible with the Matrix, and their interface hurt because of it. It actually added a whole new layer on him, the superstar of the autobots was an actual placeholder in the matrix business.

And in Autocracy 9 we read that he felt pain and anguish because that was what the sparks on Cybertron were going through. Makes little sense, because when Rodimus got the matrix, the Autobots were in an arguably WORSE situation, yet he felt a perfect bond.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So pardon my naive question. I don't post in the comic area much. So I'm assuming that this series doesn't coincide at all with War For Cybertron, what with Zeta being a complete asshole.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Nope, they are totally separate. I don't blame you for being confused though.

In Prime/WfC continuity, "Sentinel Zeta Prime" aka Zeta Prime was a slight bit of a dick, but he was a loyal Autobot who tried to kill Megatron.

In IDW continuity, Zeta Prime was a huge dick who post-dated Sentinel Prime, who was a slight dick.

And then according to the TFWiki, in G1 animated continuity Zeta Prime pre-dated Sentinel Prime, and neither were dicks. This is a retcon of two un-named animation characters though.

The original Sentinel Prime was Optimus' DIRECT predecessor from Marvel Comics, and he wasn't a dick at all.

Of course now we have Movie Sentinel Prime who is the uber-dick.