Autocracy #4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Can't wait for the Trade to come out on this. It sounds really good, and should be really satisfying to read in one big chunk! Thanks for the review! :) 

3. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    likeing that cover megatron i like, seekers look like flying demons from that angel

4. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Here's a preview for those that don't check out the Comics Forum
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------​

THE TRANSFORMERS: AUTOCRACY #4 (of 12)

Publisher:
    IDW Publishing
    Writers: Chris Metzen, Flint Dille
    Pencils: Livio Ramondelli
    Covers: Livio Ramondelli

Part 4 of 12
    12 CHAPTER DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE SERIES! IDW Publishing proudly presents a new digital comics event five million years in the making: TRANSFORMERS: Autocracy. This 12-part series will be released as 8-page chapters every two weeks starting January 18th and running through June. Each episode priced at 99¢.Before Optimus became Prime... he fought for order. Before Megatron became a conquerer... he fought for freedom. Before they were enemies... they stood against—Autocracy. Writers Chris Metzen (World of Warcraft) and Flint Dille (original Transformers animated series) are joined by artist Livio Ramondelli (Transformers: Chaos) to bring you an IDW digital comics event five million years in the making.

View:
    The Transformers: Autocracy #4, Cover
    The Transformers: Autocracy #4, Page 1
    The Transformers: Autocracy #4, Page 2
    The Transformers: Autocracy #4, Page 3
    The Transformers: Autocracy #4, Page 4

Source: Comic Book Resources

5. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Autobodts attack. Optimus prime is more like megatron in this series! I wish they would keep the characters personalities consistant!

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Just finished.

Good issue. Liked it a lot more than the last one. Probably my favorite of the series so far.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    LOVED this issue. I really think the reason for Orion Pax's attitude is because we haven't seen him evolve into Optimus Prime yet. Orion is still a young leader with little experience.

Seeing Sky-Lynx was one of the highlights of the issue. I just love that character. The best part about this issue though was the cliffhanger ending ... HOT ROD! REALLY?! I cannot wait to see how they characterize him. Thank you IDW!

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I loved that little exchange about revolutionaries.

9. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what's up with increased price?

10. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've got such a good thing going with the dual ongoing, it seems a shame to me that they muddied it with this seemingly less well connected/planned series. It just hasn't impressed me.

I'll be honest when they got Dille I was really hoping he'd be solo writing something connected to the original G1 toon that he was such a part of. This wasn't really what I had in mind.

-ZacWilliam, Roberts cop Prime in Chaos Theory seemed tough but principled, so far, to me, this Prime has read like a rudderless reactionary jerk...

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Agree. This isn't doing it for me much. But maybe I'll be surprised at the end. I'll keep reading. It's still really early to pass judgement.

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    You're right, but I think the thing is that he's not really sure what's going on any more. The Senate is in disarray after Starscream wiped most of them out, the citizens he's supposed to protect are against him, the orders he's getting aren't good, and he has some sympathy for the bad guys. On top of that some mysterious guy has made some weird changes to his body. He's confused to what he's actually supposed to be doing, still loyal to Zeta and the Senate but questioning why. So I can inderstand that he's a little fucked in the head at this point in time.

IDW have established Prime a very much a greatness thrust upon him sort of character. I still feel this series is building towards that moment of thrust (oo-err)

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    And to this point, it's still Orion Pax were dealing with here, not Optimus Prime. I feel that's done purposely to show Orion Pax is going to mature into something great.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Last page had me say "Nope" and lose all desire to keep reading this.

I hate the idea that "that character" was around before Orion became Optimus Prime. It just doesn't work for me. I've never liked it when they do that with Bumblebee, either.

15. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't get into it. The art is ok, but the story doesn't interest me. Personaly, when I first heard about Autocracy, I thought its going to be set long before M:O for some reason. Would like it better that way.

Right now I'm only interested if they're going to show how Optimus was forced into being Prime, and that it was Hot Rod who was really chosen by the Matrix.

16. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Yup. That made the wheels in my head screech to a halt as well. I have a real hard time reconciling that you've taken this guy whose always been the young, impetuous teenager full of potential of the group -- and now he's running around as a political terrorist before Prime was even Prime?

I'm usually down for giving G1 a new spin on things, but the twist at the end of #4 is gonna take some real solid convincing.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ The only saving grace might be that it's IDW, which always depicted Rodimus as a high-ranking leader on par with Prowl. He never really acts like a "teen" IMO.

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    That's true, I'll grant you that; and overall I do think it fits the character. He strikes me as a "fight the establishment" type of fellow. The time-frame of when this is all happening is what I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around.

19. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the change-up myself. Usually the 'destiny-thrust-upon-them' types are quiet, level-headed, humble... Like they know it's how the story should play out so they just accept it. This is an Orion Pax who has been betrayed by his own destiny, and he's fighting it every step of the way. It's fun to see him as a guy who doesn't have all the answers.

Right now he's doing what Shockwave did in Spotlight: Shockwave. He's stopped asking questions and let pure aggressive instinct take over to get him through. He still cares. He still has morals, ideals, principles. But he knows that neither side in the war is right and he can't just submit to an authority figure with a pre-made ideal that he agrees with. He has to find the strength and the wisdom to become that authority.

As for the stuff with Hot Rod, I can't wait. Maybe this is what leads to Prime's gutcheck. And why Reckless Rod has been allowed to rise in the ranks in the first place.

I love this series. It challenges everything from previous attempts on Prime's rise to power.

20. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Can someone post some pic's of Sky Lynx from this comic? Thank you.