Autobots Rank From Bio

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Jan 10, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I was looking at the bios of rodimus and his crew and i saw rodimus primes rank as 8 and that got me thinkin
    7= minor
    8 = prime
    9 = magnus
    10 = council
    just a thought!

I hope there could be some evidence of the ranks from the bios cause lets face it with the original G1 bios their ranks didnt mean a whole lot.
    Lets hope all the animated characters get bios to see if i can prove this theory

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the "points" from the bio are a Magazine-exclusive thing, I'd guess that they're not 100% accurate.

3. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Where did you find "council" from?

4. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

In the Jetfire/Jetstorm comic Ultra Magnus is speaking to the Autobot council.
    It implies that while Magnus is the supreme commander of the military he isnt the highest authority in Autobot society which makes sense really a dictatorship doesnt really fit with the Autobots.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I can mostly agree with this, but I doubt Magnus is a title. I'm pretty sure it's just the name, while his rank remains some form of Commander. We've heard of Optimus called a Prime before, but never heard of Ultra Magnus as being called Ultra, or the Magnus.

6. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Magnus is confirmed to be a title in the bios in the comic. Is it kosher if I quote them?

7. Ravage1976

In the comic Ultra Magnus tells Sentinel Prime that his he might make a good Magnus one day and in the tech spec for Rodimus Prime it mentions that he is on the fast track to becoming Magnus. So its definatly a title though its seems to be the singular title for the Autobot Elite Guard supreme commander.
    Indeed as ive put forth before I believe that as far as Animated is concerned any character whos name consists of two seperate words like Optimus Prime as opposed to two words joined like Starscream the second word is a title. Which leads me to the assumption that if indeed as we have been lead to beleive Dai Atlas and Alpha Trion will appear in season 3 they will both hold some form of rank with the second words of their names being those ranks.
    With my guesses being that Dai Atlas is the head of the cyber ninja organization while im thinking Alpha Trion will be the head of the Autobot council.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Paraphrase, rather than quote. But I know the one you mean. Rodimus Prime's profile says he's a prodigy on his way to becoming Magnus.

9. Spartan Prime

Eh, I've never read the comics. The first one was lackluster and so I never continued them nor considered them canon like I would the show or accompanying figure bios.

10. Ravage1976

How can the comic not be canon when its written by the story editor of the cartoon who considers them canon.....indeed this is one of the selling points of the Animated comic that the events in them ARE part of the established continuity.

And if by figure bios you mean the ones that come on the toy packaging they arent canon as many of them diverge from the characterization of said characters in the cartoon.

11. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Just look at Sentinel's, Samurai Prowl's, and Sunstorm's bios.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    hmmmm.....i'm liking this......i hope they canonized this like P.O.K.E

13. Ravage1976

eh Canonize what exactly?

14. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Where's the Major rank?

15. Spartan Prime

Are the comics side-by-side? I'm fully aware of who makes them, but I never heard anything about them coexisting. All I hear about is "comics-only character" this and that. Didn't seem like they were one in the same.

16. Ravage1976

The IDW Animated: the Arrival mini series is in continuity with the cartoon there are characters who could be considered comic only but that doesnt mean they will stay that way. Oilslick is comic only until season 3 where he will appear in the cartoon, the Wraith and Stilletto both human characters were characters that Marty Isenberg would have liked to include them in the cartoon but there simply wasnt room for them. Most of the stories in the comic are simply told from different points of view or cover 'offscreen' events that add additional details. Interestingly the 'backup' Decepticon stories are generally the better ones.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ultra has to be either the most awesome or most lame name for a TF ever.

And I honestly don't know which.

18. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Within the top 3 lamest names, unless his name was originally something else or came with another suffix, like how 'Rod' became 'Rodimus'.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The name sucks, but the dude was probably freaking awesome to get "Ultra" as his name.

20. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Back when he was a deluxe, his name was Ultra Non-Bio.