Autobots outnumbered/outgunned.......?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SFSE, May 2, 2009.

1. SFSE

SFSE "Autobots inbound..."

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I have a bit of experience in special operations and I don't understand how the autobots (who I strongly favor) are going to be able to stop/defeat the decepticons. Thay seem completely outgunned and outnumbered. They need more fighters/trigger-pullers...... What do you guys think? Yall seem to know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

There were 5 Autobots to 8 Decepticons in the first movie. In the end it was 4 Autobots and 3 Decepticons, maybe two (Screamer and Skorponok are alive, Barricade's fate is unknown).

3. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was thinking that. i saw a list of the Autobot Decepticon cast and the cons significantly outnumber the bots

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They were outgunned in the first film, with Blackout, Brawl, Starscream and Megatron as big or bigger (and more heavily armed) than any of the original five Autobots. On paper, only Prime and Ironhide would seem to be able to go one-on-one with any of them. Bonecrusher was also pretty sizable, but he didn't get much screentime so who knows what kind of weaponry he had, if any. Barricade and Scorponok were closer in size and firepower to Bumblebee, Jazz and Ratchet. Unless we still haven't seen all the Autobots and Decepticons that are in the film, the Autobots don't get much bigger or more heavily armed outside of maybe Jetfire (who'll be old and rickety in the film) while the Decepticons load up with Soundwave, the Constructicons and their combined form Devastator. That's not even counting The Fallen either.

I'm guessing it'll be human soldiers that'll help make up the difference, or attempt to in vain. As of right now, it doesn't seem the odds are in the Autobots' favor, especially if Prime were to die/sacrifice himself toward the end (leaving them up shit's creek without a paddle, or leader, for a third film). We'll see how the movie plays out though.

5. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Yea the Autobots are def out numbered but im assuming Bay wants to show how they overcome the Decepticons with still being out gunned. If the Autobots dont have a combiner for themselves in the film i have no idea how there gonna take down the 120 foot tall Devastator. I hope its a great fight scene involving team work and properly placed shots to take him out and not just one lucky shot.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Looking historically at the entire Transformers Franchise the Decepticons have always had the Autobots out gunned and often outmanned, but the autobot have always had more courage and fire in their sparks and honestly prime is a better leader then Megatron and the Autobots know how to work together and none of them are plotting to stab their leader in the back, basicly good team work and superior team work make up for lower firepower and fewer numbers

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Decepticons outnumbering the Autobots, thats just the way I like it.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

not only are the autobots outnumbered, but they have some... interesting recruits:

- 3 female skinny robots with one wheel for a leg
    - An incredibly old and rusty (and forgetful) ex-Decepticon
    - 2 overly hyper little kid robots
    - a sub-sub compact car that no one seems to know much about
    - a 3 foot tall robot that looks like Wall-E from Saw (and has legs)

Sideswipe is cool though.

I think that about 2/3 of the Autobots will end up dead in this movie and have a sort of cliffhanger where the remaining Autobots send a desperate distress signal to Cybetron while going into hiding. Prime would be dead and all hope seems lost with Sam captured and heavily guarded by the Decepticons. Then in TF3 they could make contact with Cybertron survivers (Hot Rod, Kup, and Ultra Magnus) who start towards Earth with reinforcements to make a final strike on the ever increasing Decepticon forces. They could include neutral faction bots and Triple Changers. Oh and of course the Dinobots.

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm almost positive that Bay wanted us to think the Autobots are outnumbered. Reinforcements will be coming, but out-gunned..hmm. maybe...

ANSWERS ARE COMING....

Attached Files:

10. cleftasunder

cleftasunder Well-Known Member

Well the Autobots have the world's military!
    Which is lame.
    Just thinking of how the military will be able to take down vastly superior beings makes me hate humans :) 
    Gawd I wish I was from Cybertron.

11. cnic

cnic Decepticon

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since they screwed up the movie universe where humans can kill Decepticons with off the shelf military technology then the Decepticons really don't stand any chance at all. Just one nation like the United States has enough weapons and soldiers to wipe the Decepticons out several times over so the Autobots could take a vacation and the Earth would still be safe.

Heck given the fail that is the movie Decepticons I think even the French would almost stand a chance at beating the entire Decepticon army.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sabot rounds will take out most of the Decepticons.

He tell me.

14. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    by the looks of the trailer prime kills demolishor,blackout,starscream and possibly megatron so prime might kill a bunch of the decepticons leaving the arcee bots,bumblebee,sideswipe,jetfire and the twins to take down devastator,the fallen and sideways as for wheelie and scalpel...i would like to see wheelie win!

15. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

Proud supporter of this statement!

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    If ROTF Wheelie can talk he could rhyme scapel to death lol

17. Faust

Hahaha.

18. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

The Autobots appear to be more skilled, especially with the acrobatics and stuff. Hopefully Ironhide will kick some ass. I think the bots will have some back up tho, like springer (if he is in it) will be larger then Prime. But i suspect the bots will have a greater number at their disposal then we are currently aware of.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha ha ha ha...yes I can see it now. With the Autobots' backs against the wall and Decepticon victory seeming inevitable, the FRENCH COME STORMING IN!

The only way I'd support that ending is if Megan Fox is swept off her feet by some hot female French soldier, with most of the third film consisting of their rampant sex-charged relationship while the rest of the Autobots try and comfort Sam and get him to go on a date instead of crying himself to sleep every night.

20. Faust

Pure win.