Autobots Captured Scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LacksAFace, Oct 23, 2011.

1. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Something that puzzled me with Dark of the Moon was that how the Autbots got captured? A couple of points I'd like to state:

Bumblebee was with Sam about 5 minutes before he was captured, just minutes after Starscream's death. Yet when Dutch hacks into the cameras, Bumblebee is captured.

Secondly, when Dutch does hack into the cameras, they state 4 Autobots have been captured, those being Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Que/Wheeljack and Mirage/Dino. Ratchet is not among them.

Thirdly, the next time we see the Autobots, we see Ratchet struggling with a protoform just before he is thrown to the ground. This puzzles me because I am unsure whether the other 4 Autobots were captured seperately or in a group, but it is obvious Ratchet was captured last. Did he just see a large concentration of Decepticons and decide to try and rescue his comrades or did he unwittingly walk into them, which doesn't seem like Ratchet, because Ratchet is Ratchet. And when Ratchet and the Protoform fighting, all the other Decepticons are just standing around watching. Ok?

Lastly, when Bumblebee turns and fights Soundwave, there are what, 15 Decepticons including Barricade hanging around? Towards the start of their fight we see several Protoforms rushing to his aid, one of which Bumblebee shoots in the head several times, yet the other Decepticons have vanished? We do see Dino/Mirage on the edge of the screen leading us to believe many of the protoforms are fighting the other 3 Autobots yet you can still clearly see 5 or so running to aid Soundwave. What I did notice is that when Soundwave fires a blast, two of the Protoforms mysteriously vanish? Friendly fire? Was Soundwave that bad at fighting that he killed several of his own men? And later, Barricade blames some of the escaped Protoforms for Soundwave's death? Shouldn't Barricade blame Soundwave for Soundwave's death as after all, if my observations are correct, Soundwave accidently killed several of his own men.

Discuss. Anything else others have noticed? Something in the novels which may explain?

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :peoples: 

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I think when Bumblebee leaves, someone (maybe Lennox?) says that he's regrouping with the other Autobots. It would be pretty easy for the 'cons to catch them in a crossfire and capture them in the span of 5 minutes.

4. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

I dare say the full cgi sequence of said capture was either cut or not completed due to budget reasons?

When I saw that I'm the cinema I did have a "wtf?" moment, but I left it as just another plothole.

Now to slide a bit off topic, there should've been some hate between Soundwave and Barricade, I mean, Frenzy died on Barricade's watch.

5. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    about the last i while Bumblebee is escaping Soundwave is shooting all over the place and he accidentally shot down all of the Protoform

6. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Not all of the protoforms, just some protoforms, I believe.

7. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Well, I did notice that Bumblebee was targetting Soundwave's head in the fight as he immediately punches him and then delivers a fly kick to his face, followed by a rocket which hit him the chest/face. So it is possible that Soundwave was blinded or stunned by the attack that he panicked and just started firing in all directions, killing some of his own men. I have noticed that Decepticons tended to die easier in DOTM and Protoforms definitely weren't the toughest so I guess it is sort of realistic that Soundwave's cannon was literally one-shotting his own men. Still puzzles me, is Soundwave really that bad of a fighter?

8. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, if there were more than just 1 con, they could easily catch Ratchet (maybe 4 cons) and then just one carried him with the other bots
    as for SW killing other cons accidentally, meh, I didn't saw that :p 

... why? :S

9. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    In this universe, Frenzy is Barricade's minion, not Soundwave's.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Ding, ding.

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I just watched it - Soundwave was aiming for Bumblebee (possibly a couple other Autobots), but 'Bee just keeps dodging the shots, and it so happens that a couple of Decepticons are behind Bumblebee.

12. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

soundwave almost shot dylan gould once the ship started crashing.