Autobots and Holograms?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot HipHop, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Couple of points about the DVD I noticed...

-I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but why don't the Autobots have their own Holograms like the Decepticons? Especially for Ratchet who is an emergency type vehicle. BB has Sam and Ironhide has the soldier dude right. But Prime and Ratchet are rolling without drivers now.

- It was definitely Ratchet who said "fall back it's Megatron". After all this time I thought it was Jazz who said it in the theater.

-Battle and action sequences are much easier to follow now that they are on the small screen.

-The last battle with Prime vs Megatron seems more powerful and emotional on the small screen. I'm not sure why but I enjoy it alot more on DVD (maybe cause I don't have some stooge kickin the back of my chair in my house :) 

-Megatron kicks total @$$ no matter what screen he is on!

-Bonecrusher clearly says "I hate you" before Prime decapitates him (many people said they heard it in the theater but I thought they were delusional, my bad heh :) 

-Can't wait till Transformers #2...I hope it's just like the leaked script!

2. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    I wondered about that too. Especially since the Voyager class Prime toy had a little cowboy dude in the front seat that disappeared when you opened his driver side door.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I was also wondering about the holograms. Maybe OP's flames are to distract people from looking into the seat, or he has an autopilot box in him!!!(Simpson's episode)

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they do have holograms. they all just have tinted windows.

5. Autobot HipHop

Yeah in some scenes the tints look pretty dark and in others it seems like there are factory windows with no tints. Either way it would have been cool to see a hologram dude with a cowboy hat as Prime's driver or a medic in ratchet.

6. Autobot HipHop

Lol @ flames distracting. I know it's kinda nitpicky but it's just weird how the decepticons go to great lengths to have their authority figure holograms and the casual autobots are just rollin through town lookin like remote control cars.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I thought Bonecrusher said 'I hate you' too. But it's not in the subtitles. I should know, I had it on while watching the movie. So it could very well still be just mindless growling. Unfortunatly the way the vioce is synthesized it's too garbled to get a clear sound. Oh well...the debate rages on I suppose. It sound enough like 'I hate you' to get by I guess. But then again, no one fixed the Devastator typoe either, so maybe someone in the subtitles department screwed up.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    he doesnt say anything in english. soooo tired of this.

That dude is peter cullen. :D  first voice actor to ever get their own toy appearance? I think so!

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Something I still want to know about holograms is...does Sector 7 Agent Dude and "Decepticon hologram dude" share the same actor? If so, I don't understand why the same actor plays those roles. If it isn't, then it's still one hell of a striking resemblance.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    nope, not the same actor.

11. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I saw on one of the making of videos on the net that came out before the movie did, back in June or so, that the decipticons hologram guy was actually the real pilot of the Blackout chopper, and they just used him for the hologram in Starscream cuz he was already in flight gear, just had to walk over and hop in. But when the movie came out and he was also the cop in Barricade, that was a little wierd. I would like to find that video and watch it again to see if my memory of it is good or if I'm totally messed up. But either way, it just shows another lame plothole that didn't need to be there.

12. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

I think they should of had different holograms for the Decepticons rather then the same person. It just seemed weird having the same person for each one. =/ Guess they weren't really caring about it when they were making the film. If there's ever a hologram used for Optimus I vote it being Peter Cullen~! That would be the best cameo appearance! =D

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they picked him. In fact, I'd like Robert Foxworth and Jess Harnell to play Ratchet and Ironhide's holograms too.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, it makes a lot more sense to have all holograms identical. Why would the Decepticons care about what there holograms look like? Why wouldn't they just scan one human (in this case, I assume Blackout's pilot) and pass it around? I think it was cool that they all had the same hologram.

I love how people are just making up "plotholes" nowadays.

15. Autobot HipHop

I respect your opinion on the matter, some people think Bonecrusher says it and some people think he doesn't. No need to blow a gasket though, it's not that big a deal :) 

Yeah, I believe that was on Yahoo. You know, for all the people that "hate" Michael Bay he seems like an ok dude. For Bay to allow real Military personnel into his movie I thought was an awesome way of showing the men and women (were there any military women used, i didn't see any) of our armed forces some respect.

That would have been really cool. They should do that for TF2, have the voice actors cameo as the holograms for their respective bots! :)  But at this point i'd just settle for any hologram. It's a small gripe because I still love the movie, I think it wuold just drive home the Robots in Disguise aspect if the Autobots have em as well.

16. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

As I remember most of the Autobots had tinted windows. Maybe that´s why.

As for Bonecrusher; did you see the movie with subtitles?

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Bonecrusher had a LOT of potential. The scenes with him were way too short. It's like "Here's a brand new Decepticon; Bonecrusher - watch him die, now, and never be seen again!" Crapola. At least in retrospect Brawl went down honorably. Blackout stole a lot of screen time, and imho is more of a co-star than a filler character.

To quote Lennox when he sees Blackout (again) in the city: "We're dead."

~Z

18. Autobot HipHop

Yeah, I didn't watch the movie with subtitles yet. I will tonight probably. To me it just sounded like Bonecrusher said it but to each his own :) 

I wasn't a big fan of bonecrusher IMHO. My faves on the deceps side were Megs, Barricade and Starscream. I thought Barricade was the meanest police vehicle I've ever seen. I was kinda glad that Bonecrusher got crushed so easily. Finally, my boy Prime is shown as a lethal Autobot :) 

19. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hes not a favorite of mine char-wise (love the transform, though); I just think he had more screen-time potential. He used the claw thing twice and we when we see it, its already flung a car. Why didnt we see it pick the damn cars up? The coolest thing he did was rollerskate through a bus. Come to think about it, a lot of fight-scenes seemed kind of short.

Who else thought Sam & Mikayla Vs. Frenzy took too much precendce over Bumblebee Vs. Barricade? They definately should have made the "giant toy death match" a bit longer. At least another fifteen seconds or so of robo-carnage would have been nice.

~Z

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife will happy to hear whe is not the only one who thought that, but it is too very similar looking guys.

As for Autobot holograms, maybe they have the technology but don't bother or we don't see it used. Ops projects one hell of a hologram of Cybertron when telling Sam about Megatron and the Allspark.

And it just occured to me that in the leaked script I seem to remember that when Bublebee steals himself it says the "mustached man" is behind the wheel.