Autobots 2nd in command and Prime's mind

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Who do you people think is second in command of Team Prime? I always thought it was Ratchet unless someone else thinks differently. Now that Prime became Orion Pax and he had no clue who the Autobots were and why they called him Optimus, but you think he would know who Ratchet is?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Ratchet's certainly the most qualified, but I don't see him accepting it. (though obviously he would if he knew he needed to) However he has a very take-charge personality when it comes to serious situations, so deffinately.

Also Ratchet said he knew Prime before Prime was Prime in Prime. So yes. Maybe he'll be what jogs Prime's memory of being a Prime.

3. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Ratchet is second-in-command- note Sick Mind as reference here- but he's not exactly the best combat commander. Like others have said, he and Arcee would most likely work as a team, Ratch ordering and Arcee field-commanding. They'd probably verbally beat the shit out of each other though (again, Sick Mind).

As to your second question, I think it could very well happen that Orion's memory has been erased so far that he doesn't know who Ratchet is, or only knows him as an acquaintance. Then again, he could simply not recongize Ratch because he looks so different from his Cybertronian mode.

One, two, three, four.. five.. SIX.

Ladies and gentlebots, we have a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRR!

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd argue that Ratchet was in command there because he was the only one with the training and competency to handle a medical issue as opposed to being next in the chain of command.

That said, it's pretty much either going to be either Arcee or Ratchet.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think it has to be Ratchet from a seniority standpoint. He seems to have the most experience of the Autobots outside of Optimus. But I think that puts them in a very bad position because Ratchet doesn't seem to have the best tactical mind. On the other hand, Bulkhead is a meathead, so he's out. Bumblebee? Haha no. And Arcee is probably the best tactically-minded, but she's kind of a hot head, which is bad in a leader. So they're pretty well screwed.

We've heard there will be an addition to the regular cast, so maybe the Autobots will pull in a new leader from the outside. Wheeljack possibly. Or maybe a TFP Ultra Magnus.

I think the Key to Vector Sigma will refill the Matrix, like it did in the original series, and that will restore Optimus' memory. Because I don't think his memory can be jogged like a human's. The stuff he lost is intrinsically tied to the Matrix. I don't think he can get any of that stuff back other than through restoring the Matrix.

6. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my take is that OP is comparable to a dual-boot computer

Pax 1.0 can't use Prime 1.0 format but Prime 1.0 is reverse compatible with Pax OS

With Prime OS suffering a "critical system error" OP rebooted using the the PAX OS

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack is still my main man

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But wasn't the Matrix of Leadership given to Earth's core to return Unicron to stasis? Although the Key to Vector Sigma could be a system backup.

jD001

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It might be Ratchet but it seems to be Arcee to me. Sure she's a little hot headed but Optimus wouldn't have made her second in command if he thought she wasn't going to handle the position seeing her backstory. Besides her leading for a while can force her to put aside her bitterness and reckless urges for the good of the team. Leader or not she has to so the team won't fall apart. I mught be wrong but it looks like it to me.

Having the Matrix be refilled by the Key to Vector Sigma is the most likely to happen.

10. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I think it might be Arcee. She seems to have the most sense over Ratchet. Then again, Ratchet could be the best advisor, since he knows the whole backstory. But as far as fighting in the field, I would vote Arcee to be commander. While I love Ratchet's personality in this series, he reminds me of an angry old man telling kids to get off his lawn. He just doesn't seem to have the patience.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm thinking it's Arcee too. She's more expericneced in combat not to mention having a bit of commening quilty on her.Like I said beofre Optimus wouldn't made her second in command if she's not capaible of it. While Ratchet does have a grumpy additude he's slowly gaining some patience. Both Ratchet and Arcee have their own share of flaws so any of them being leader can help them adjust those flaws.

12. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i see arcee leading till optimus gets his mind back.

13. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they'll get Optimus's original SiC back...Jazz! Especially since Jazz was one of the only bots who knew Optimus back when he was still Orion.

14. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Ratchet definitely has a bigger back story with Optimus, but I'm guessing Arcee might be in charge based on, if not her expertise, then all the exposure she's received in this show.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They made too big a deal of the Key for it not to be that, imo. It's a "Chekhov's gun", and the TFP writing staff have shown they are too good to have introduced something like that without a plan. They wouldn't have made such a conspicuously big deal out of it if it wasn't meant as foreshadowing.

But I think we are essentially saying similar things. I agree I see the Key as a system backup. I just think it will be used to refill the Matrix (as in G1) rather than Optimus directly. But we'll see. It almost would be more interesting if the Matrix doesn't get refilled.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there will be a 2nd in command for a while since OP isn't around.

The autobots might be stagnant for a while.

But if I had to choose I would want Rachet take command and Arcee be second.

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will choose Wheeljack to be 2nd in command