Minor/Repaint: Autobot Wrecker Whirl

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Nov 7, 2011.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Taking a late night to finish this one up for the weekend as well. I got so many WIP that's it's re-assuring to knock a few of these out in a single weekend (although I've been working on him for quite a while - I do several customs at once. Get bored easily I guess).

WIP shots and alt. mode pics can be seen here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/407098-generations-whirl-teaser.html

Alt. mode pics will be posted in about a week as I'm waiting for the paint to set up and cure.

Still got some decals coming to "officially" claim him as done. The usual armed services labels will be applied and sealed shortly. C&C are always welcome and Enjoy folks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Oh man I love this. The blue looks just like G1 and I'm surprised how well Skyhamburger worked as Whirly.
    If there was one thing I think could be better, its that the cockpit doesn't look much like something people could see through. Like metal or something. It does give the illusion of the sort of cartoon Starscream style cockpit chest though.

NEEDZ ATL MODE PIKZ

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    As I had indicated in your WIP thread : this worked out very well. It looks great in these colours & with that headsculpt. :thumb 

Nice to see little touches such as the female decal on the shoulder. Leaving out the thrusters was a good decision too I think. The golden canopy is a little :inquisiti  .... but I guess we could think of it as a heatshield. The fact I really like this Whirl custom is ironic since I don't really like Sky Hammer. Strange...

Anxiously awaiting altmode pics.

4. wheeljack2010

Thanks again U9! This guy is a mish-mash of several ideas coming from several different areas. I used the cockpit idea from the IDW version of the character (see pic). I originally had painted it a citadel Ice Blue, but changed it yesterday to "break up" the color palate a little. The color chosen for him and his eye was based off his G1 colors and I'm glad it shows! The Decals are inspired by Wheeljack's version of Whirl, as I just loved it!

Thanks man! This guy is filled with little details and I tried to get most of them brought out. There are many that you can't see such as the pistons on his back that are now covered by the wings. The service decals I got coming will definitely bring it up to where I want it. The thrusters were a nice idea I think. just wrong custom to use them on, so back in the parts bin they went. I looked at the g1 model and the IDW version and came up with the missile pods based off of their designs-it just works alot better.

Attached Files:

5. warrentan

warrentan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    im impressed. cant wait for the alt mode pix.

6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Pure win! I realy like the use of the windshield on his chest gives gives him more of a g1 tribute. Like the head too but i think DOTM shock waves head would work and give him that movie verse feel to as well

7. JAnGoThaKing

JAnGoThaKing Wrecker

niiiiice

8. wheeljack2010

Thanks bro', really liking the flame effects on your Nem. Prime you just posted as well!
    Thanx! I wanted the realistic nature of the moviverse, but still stay true to the g1 character core concept and I think I acheived that. In fact, that pretty much sums up my entire collection and particular style of doing custom TF's!
    Thanks Jango! You'll be happy to know that your IDW Broadside still towers over all my other Wreckers, and that's just how it should be! Could never thank you enough for that one man!

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    we have a winner! :thumb :

10. skibones

skibones Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am in love.. wait that is sick. I mean I love it..

11. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    okay mind has been blown! how did u make the head?

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Still anxious to see helicopter mode ....:inquisiti 

13. wheeljack2010

Been waiting until I get my decals in the mail and I still haven't got them yet, but he says their coming. Hopefully by the end of the week......Thanks for the support and interest in my work!