1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

One of the things I liked in Prime was that the Autobots have "real" weapons again. Not like Animated where none of them had firearms. Don´t get me wrong, I liked Animated, but I missed the Autobos having firepower.

What do you guys think?

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Saddle up, Lock and Load!!

my (secondary) motto, Peace through superior firepower and training to use it!

3. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Amen, brother. The Autobots can actually attack at range again (without having to rely on obsolete throwing stars, Prowl).

KnightConvoy, your secondary motto makes perfect sense: Some folks are like animals, they only understand applied force.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Agreed. I like that they now have firearms as well as melee weapons/capabilities (Arcee and BB's CQC, Bulkhead's wrecking gloves.)

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's pretty boring now, since instead of all the Autobots sporting a myriad of different melee and energy weapons, they all just pop a gun out of their arm and engage in one-sided shootouts.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I'd feel different if the guns themselves were a little more unique, i.e. at all. They're all silver with blue details and make the same weak "pew pew" noise and shoot the same blasts. Nothing unique or even different about them.

At least with the Melee weapons, every character had a distinct and unique way of attacking because of that weapon.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're cool and all, but wake me up when the HEAVY GUNS SHOW UP!

Hopefully with Breakdown soon, Cliffjumper's scene was damned cool and I can only imagine what that behemoth with rocket launchers can do.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's only been 2 episodes and it's not like all they've done the whole time is shoot.

-Cliffjumper charged head first into a group of Eradicons and tried to take them barehanded before having to fall on his gattling cannons.

-Arcee and Bumblebee didn't use any weapons when fighting under the overpass.

-After entering the mine all the autobots used melee moves or a combination of melee and firearms. Bulkhead even used melee weapons.

-Lastly, in that Bulkhead clip he engaged the Eradicon one-on-one without shooting.

So right now I don't see how it's boring for them to have firearms at all.

9. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Bulkhead's was specially cool because it's like he can use his guns both for shooting and as wrecking ball punching glove things. Can't wait for the day he punchs somebody while shooting.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It was great. I didn't like the neutered Autobots in Animated either. It made their victories less plausible.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because for the very few scenes where they did have guns and were clearly showcased, they were super boring and unremarkable in design and use. And unless they give the characters new types of guns later, that isn't going to change over time. I'm not saying the fight scenes are boring (well, none of the ones we've seen struck me as spectacular) but that the guns themselves are pretty unimaginative designs.

One thing that makes them most boring is the aforementioned "pew pew" effects. I mean, come on that's the most pitiful laser sound you could ever use! Again combiend with the actual design. Very simple, no flare, just a silver gun with blue details.

The only one that really struck me was Prime's simply because of it's size, (i.e bigger than his hand) but when the Autobots exited the groundbridge I thought they were just striking a pose, only after a second viewing did I realise they were all pulling out their guns, but they're so small and unremarkable (combined with the fact that the camera never once focuses on them despite being the first episodes) that I completely missed them all but Prime's.

Sorry to make the comparrison (considering how many are) but look at Beast Wars. Everyone had guns, but each had a unique noise, look, and some were hand held, some were pop-out, and others built right in.

12. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    THIS

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Personally I think the coolest gun is Bumblebee.

Double blastersss! Pew pew!

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

These are autobots not Cable lol they are supposed to be the good guys aka not running around nuking cities and such.

And has been said as many times as rain drops fall it's episode 2 we have no idea what secondary weapons are to come.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

The mele weapons in TFA were fun. But it just feels right for them to have big fire fights again. I welcome it.

I personally like the idea of Transformer's weapons being integrated into their own bodies. One of the things I always liked about the old cartoon was that the bots had various gadgets built into them. It just makes more sense to me that their weapons would be as well.

We also have seen a couple mele weapons used between the two episodes; Bulkhead's got those wreaking gloves, as they've been dubbed, and Meg used a fold out arm blade to slice Cliff in half.
    I'm hoping we see Optimus use some sort of orange bladed weapon to fight Megatron, at some point.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Obviously people aren't understanding me (or deliberately not reading my points) I don't dislike firearms in general or want them to only use melee weapons, I dislike these specific firearms we've seen so far. They do not impress me. I'm not saying that every single gun we will ever seen in Transformers' future will be stupid or lame, just out of all the ones we've seen so far in these two episodes of Prime I dislike because of their uninspired designs and weak sound effects. I'm not making any assumptions for the future (since it is far too early to tell) just giving my opinion on what we have now.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Not really. It doens´t make any sense to not have fireamrs. We as modern society don´t keep swords and axes, why should a society that waaaaay more advanced than us keep them (save for berserkers like the Dinobots and even they have energy weapons).

EDIT: nevermind, I skiped throght Split Lip´s early post.

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah the weapon variety could use a bit of spicing up, other than that, its pretty good seeing the Autobots packing the dakka once more.