Autobot vs. Decepticon superiority?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

What makes the autobots so superior over the decepticons? im not talking plain protoform grunts but starscream,megatron,soundwave and the like,all have just as much firepower as say optimus or ironhide yet they always get bested,I really doubt bumblebee can out last lets say baricade,I know alot has to do with how its written but really,there isnt much the autobots have that the decepticons dont have as well,if you broke it down in a lineup and had all high ranking decepticons and high ranking autobots including combiners down to minicons the decepticons imo have a far more powerfull lineup.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, it depends quite a lot on the continuity we're speaking here, in most, they are equally matched.

Usually, the Autobots win because:

- Superior strategy [while the 'Cons are basically "ATTACK. ATTACK. ATTACK.", the Autobots at least try to come up with something vaguely useful for battle]

- The high-ranking 'Bots usually fight more in the frontlines [in fact, they ALWAYS fight in the frontlines], Megatron also fights in the frontlines, but usually guys like Soundwave and Starscream stay back, so they naturally have less combat skill.

- Superior teamwork [Starscream being himself and Megatron doesn't give a crap to your skill in battle, he wants you to FIGHT TO DEATH, even if you're a freaking mechanic, those two together screw up with teamwork].

- Optimus Prime is always like a freaking demi-god, he also has access to supernatural powers [Matrix, for instance].

- Sometimes, they have an extra advantage [like humans on the movie-verse].

- They're the heroes. they HAVE to win.

3. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

"Good" has to best "evil" for the proverbial "happy ending", no matter how unrealistic. Simple as that.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    There is a an old saying where I come from that goes

"It's not the golden weapon that wins the war, it' the hearts of the soilders that fight in it"

Unlike the Decpeticons that fight control and tyranny and with conquest on their minds, the Autobots fight not only for freedom but to defend what they care for, that is their home Cybertron.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Burning goddamn spirit, that's what.

6. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Decepticons are also pointlessly cruel at times. Especially in movieverse. If they'd just blow up their opponents and be done with it they might win, but they usually opt to smash up the place and display their superiority to humanity instead.

Starscream's hit with this the most. If he'd just shoot Sam and be done with it he might have had an easier time. But he taunts, chases, and tries to grab with his bare hands.

7. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well in the movies it's weird. for instance...
    Movie 1: "Oh shit! It's Starscream and Megatron! Retreat, retreat! We're too weak and powerless."

Movie 2: "Oh look, It's Starscream and Megatron... Let's take a limb off here, knock some metal flakings off there, rip some big dude's face in half, and not really worry about watching our back."

Movie 3: "Huh... Oh... Mega-who? *5 second fight scene* Well there's his head on the ground, where as I, nor my soldiers had any experience really bettering ourselves between these 3 movies, I'm not really shitting my pants over the guy like I did in the first movie."

The animated series' are basically for moral purposes more than anything (with the exception of TF: Prime, IMO). Kids want to see the good guys win and the bad guys get hurt in various sometimes humorous ways.

With TF: Prime, however... The good guys are far from winning if you ask me.
    Let's face it, the Decepticons (now) have the only thing the Autobots had in their entire aresnal to win the war... That being Optimus. Other than winning small little skirmishes within the series, the Decepticons for the most part have shown to be superior in the struggle. Even WFC didn't have a happy ending... Its ending was the beginning of the end lol.

8. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Keep in mind Optimus missed out on the beginning of the battle of the first film, where they ran in fear of Megatron. With Starscream, I don't think Ironhide was afraid of him, so much as pointing out that he wasn't a friendly (as he was pretending to be air support only to shoot at them)

Meanwhile whenever Optimus is around most cons aren't a threat, as he's stronger than all but Megatron. Even in film one, Bonecrusher was no threat at all, and couldn't even scratch him.

The only real difference is Optimus and Megatron are suddenly evenly matched in film 2, where as Megatron was the better fighter in 1.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Doesn't always apply. See TFA.

10. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, I'd say that Ironhide was very concerned about Starscream's arrival on the battle scene. He showed up, wrecked shop, and flew away, unscathed.

And as for movie 2, Optimus and Megatron were hardly evenly matched.. out of nowhere, Optimus is granted the ability of immortality (until worrying about Sam).. had it just been Optimus vs Megatron, he wouldn't have stood a chance, unfortunately. The movies are very terrible excuses to anything being a great war between these 2 factions. After the first movie everything went downhill in terms of Autobot vs. Decepticon war.

11. 0MEGATR0N

all great and valid points but as far as "spirit" or the honor menatlity,that does not give you an automatic pass in the win colum,if you stacked megatron and prime in a nose to nose fight or bumblebee and soundwave nose to nose im sorry but the cons are goanna wipe the sh*t out the bots based soley on that exact mentality thing,see thats the key,the mentality,if you take out the whole humans and fighting for freedom and just pin the bot and con in a fight the bot has nothing but well defense to fight for where the con has that "fight mentality",that whole "pointlessly cruel" thing would work in their favor,because nose to nose none of these robots has an advantage,prime and megatron are about the same size and as far as the bayverse bee and soundwave are as well,so I see the con winning it on the very mentality that the popular opinion has them losing by.

12. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    All hail Megatron!

Their motto isn't "To Punish and Enslave" for nothing! lol

13. 0MEGATR0N

see thats all I was pointing out,glad you agree \m/, it just gets old,the whole "good guys gotta win because they are good" is just such a mask,the decepticons are raw,the autobots are not,they need causes to stand behind to win,they need to feed off of need,in a way they are a bit twisted being they are not half of what they are without their "cause",the cons dont need a cause,its just raw strength,even in the begining back on cybertron,prime was a clerk,megatron was...yep you guessed it,a warrior/gladiator,sorry but thinking outside the box would tell me megatron A.is strong by nature and B.would not side himself with weaklings which is why the decepticons share his mentality,poor little bumblebee wouldnt have a chance in hell against soundwave,he would stomped bee like a hive!
    Decepticons Superior---autobots not so much.

14. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yes dude! lmao.
    I wish more folks like you lived in my area... I'm surrounded by Autobot fans (primarily the Bumblebee ones, unfortunately).

And that's why I love the Prime series... the good guys are so far from winning it's not even funny. The Cons consistently have the upper hand and show their brute force in numbers and schemes. It's basically the Autobots & US government vs. MECH, the Decepticons, and Starscream and they are sorely outnumbered, granted yes the same goes for all the other factions, however (with the exception of Starscream for the time being) MECH has the people and the Cons have the brute strength (not to metnion the Autobot's fearless leader)... and to go on record... TFP Soundwave would wreck TFP & Movie Bumbelebee hahaha

15. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    well yeah the cons being mostly military vehicles id sure say they have more fire power, and since the cons were mostly (in some continuities) the quints military line, obviously they are going to have a weapons advantage. the bots were the commercial line. so again not weapon oriented.

now, aside from that, lets review the general personalities of most decepticons.
    stupid.
    thuggish.
    self-serving.
    war mongering.
    single minded.
    bully.
    back stabber.
    arrogant.
    do any of these sound like something you would want to work with? no. so fundimentally the cons are a team, just a faction.

the typical autobot personality on the other hand....
    friendly.
    intelligent, or willing to learn new things.
    out going.
    supportive.
    team player.
    modest.
    so given the above the bots are more likely to function with each other simply becuase they are more familial with each other, not so much a faction but a team.

this is why the autobots win, not becuase of fire power, but becuase the decepticons are many 1s, but the autobots are 1 that act as many.

16. 0MEGATR0N

hmmm,maybe I should start watching this TF prime and I hear ya bro,everyone I know is an autobot fan too!

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Fixed!

Yeah i never liked the logic of the Decepticon being all Milatary vehicles and with the Autobots as average cars. It honestly kinda bugs me. Though you have outliers in the Autobot force like the Wreckers, Warpath, Hardhead, Scattorshot and in the Decepticon with The Stunticons, Barricade, Knockout and Breakdown.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It pisses me off how the Decepticons alwayse lose. Epps even says the Decepticons have all the good shit, like cybertronian beasts, combiners, a countless number of troops, flying robots, ships...yet the Autobots win. What.

Closest series I've watched where the Decepticons were actually badass and owned the Autobots left and right was Animated.

19. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Soundwave superior! Everybody else inferior! :lol 

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This.