autobot symbol origin vs cons symb origin

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, May 31, 2009.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

if the decepticon symbol look like the fallen face,do you think we'll see the origin of autobot symbol as well?maybe in the 3rd one,who do you think it could be?

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm putting my money of either Optimus, or one of the other first 13.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Wait, what? The Movie-style Decepticon symbol is a slightly modified version of the G1 Decepticon symbol, which in itself is a stylized drawing of G1 Soundwave's head (and had nothing to do with The Fallen, who wasn't even created back in the 1980's)

For the Autobot symbol orgins, simply take what I just said except replace "Decepticon" with 'Autobot" and "Soundwave" with "Prowl"

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not talking real life, we're talking in the film fiction, where the Decepticon symbol was based on the Fallen's face.

5. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

if the con's symbol represents the fallen, who was key in starting the great war, the autobot's symbol should be someone who may have rose to fight in the very beginning, maybe a primus-type figure?

6. jmldspt

jmldspt Bad guy turned good guy

If I recall correctly from the prequel comics, and correct me if I'm wrong, the autobots already existed prior to the deceptions. What happen was that the fallen convinced Megatron in taking his side and form the decepticons. From that moment, two factions were created.

7. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Yeah going from that and Ratchet's comment about calling them Autobots and what it stands for, seems to be what they call themselves as a species, eg. we lived on earth but we call ourselves humans.
    So kinda case of Autobots in their own name for themselves but Decepticon is new and a way to separate themselves from everyone else.
    Their names have now become factions.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime? original Primes?

9. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

For the Autobot symbol orgins, simply take what I just said except replace "Decepticon" with 'Autobot" and "Soundwave" with "Prowl"[/QUOTE]

I go with this guy

10. Cop-Tur

Cop-Tur Well-Known Member

The insignia looks like OP without the facemask.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think in the original film, it was supposed to look like Prime w/o his mask and Megatron. When I say this, I mean they designed Prime and Megs to look like the symbol so that, within the fiction, it would at least appear that the symbols came from their faces.

I personally think it looks more like Megs then the Fallen.

12. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Dare I say Skids or Mudflap? Oh no that would be sacrilege! Ok, what you guys already said.

13. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

How could the Autobots exist before the Decepticons did?
    What is the point of creating a faction if there's not an opposing one?

14. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    the autobotsymbol symbolises he familia of the first 13 primes

15. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Since they've already incorporated the Original 13 element, which was penned by Simon Furman, it might mean the original TF that is 1 of 13, who was Prima.

Either that or its the face of God, who is Primus.

Or Alpha Trion.

16. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Actually as stated a few posts back the Decepticon symbol is "The Fallen's" relic prison from the prequel comics.

Not so much his face, but he was imprisoned in a relic that I understood as his "crest" and he channeled through it to speak to Megatron after Optimus' scavenging team found it buired deep in the ground of Cybertron.

Megatron wanted to study it himself and when it was in his chambers it began to speak to him and promise him complete control over Cybertron if he followed the relic's commands, Megatron did so.

No one knows where the movie-verse Autobot symbol came from except the writers, but the ROTF prequel comics make it perfectly clear it is not a "Prime" symbol...

In issue #3 of ROTF Defiance Optimus' team found another relic containing the "Prime" symbol and it tells of the Prime lienage and that Optimus bears the same symbol (it is the symbol on the side of his head in the large round part of his "ear").

From then on everyone refers to him as Optimus Prime as he was created bearing the Prime "crest" and everyone believes he is part of the Prime Dynasty heritage.

After Megatron began to see the relic's command bear fruit he took on the relic's crest and took his military and police that he was general of and rallies others to follow him and they became Decepticons... their one objective: to obtain the allspark to free the one speaking through the relic.

When Bumblee launched the allspark into space it was attracted to the one planet that contained a large source of energon that also contains the body of the one speaking through the relic.

17. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

wrong!

18. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

ITS PRIMUS!!!!!!!!! Only fitting to were the face of there creator/god.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The Autobot symbol is Sam's face. His influence on the Transformer war is so great that it resonates into the distant past and he's symbolised as the Autobot logo.

Damn - I really hope Orci and Kurtzman aren't reading this post if they end up scripting TF3. :p 

20. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That made sense, but fan reaction forced Megatron's head to be redesigned, so it seems the filmmakers now intend the Decepticon symbol to be the Fallen's.