Minor/Repaint: Autobot Prefecture Police (Finally Complete!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, for those of you who have been following my work, this won't be a huge update for you. However, I think whether you've followed along or not, you'll find some treats* :)  [* . . . no not those kindsa treats; Halloween's over! If you didn't do like we did with candy the day after, then I really can't help ya :lol ]

Aaaanyways . . . I posted some photos of the whole squad in Alt mode in the "Let's See Some Cool Stuff Thread" a while back. At that time, I didn't have the final 'bot finished. While the actual work I've put into the final officer wasn't huge, it did finish this project that I've been working on for quite some time.

The final Autobot to finish this squad is the second WRX Impreza that some have asked me about. The goal of this project was to create a squad of uniformed officers, but to make each different in its own right. This guy here is no different. I simply took a Windcharger head, cleaned off the translucent paint on the visor, painted the head read with silver details, painted the eyes blue, and refit the visor back on.

Without further delay, I present to you Binal Tech Shooter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a close-up of the head:

[​IMG]

. . . and with friends :) :

[​IMG]

. . . and the whole squad:

Rollcall:

1. [Prowl]* (Honda Integra Type-R police version)
    2. Streetwise (Acura RSX police version)
    3. [Override]* (KP Autorooper) (Mazda RX-8)
    4. Outrun (Mazda RX-8)
    5. Backstreet (Mazda RX-8)
    6. [Alert]* (Subaru Impreza WRX)
    7. Shooter (Subaru Impreza WRX)

(*denotes toys from Takara and TakaraTomy (I only renamed "Autorooper" and gave him custom labels)

alt modes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robot modes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy! :D 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nice work.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Holy crap

We'll need a few dozen cases of energon donuts

4. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    WOOOAAH ! SQUAD CITY !
    Sweet group shots ! ! !
    Cool how Prowl doesn't have the leg mod...just sets him apart even more ....:thumb 

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very cool, love the troopbuilder vibe. Not that common with TFs in general, especially not BT/Alts.

Now, build a giant city for them to patrol.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks man; I really appreciate the props! Thanks for taking the time to post :)  It means a lot!

HAHAHA!!! That's hilarious! :LOL I hadn't even thought about that . . . .

Thanks for the props on my photos! Making superwhites of the robot mode shots would take me quite a while, so I'll hold off on those for a while. I was just glad to finally get the robot shots made (I had to complete Shooter first!) :) 

Yeah, I actually like the legs on the Integra/Acura mold either way about the same. I think the leg mod fits Streetwise a bit more anyways :) 

Yeah, I don't troop build much with these guys either (hard to due to $$$ and space to begin with!). The only other groups I have like this are the US police guys, the Seekers, and the Stunticons (at least for now).

Funny you should mention a city . . . . I want to build some diaromas much like the presentations that Takara used at shows:

[​IMG]

Also, you might see something else in the future along this line from me as well . . . :ev: 

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

all i can say is NICE JOB!! WOW

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Awesome, I loved all of them.

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

WOW!! superquad7, I say you've got one hell of a group of Japanese Police force inspired bots there. Awesome!! Man, thats taking your sweet time.

10. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Gotta love the uniformity, yet diversity within the squad, great job! It could be my personal bias, but despite the nice uniform police decos, Prowl still stands out to me and looks very much the leader :D .

And I totally second giving these guys a city diorama. That'd kick so much ass.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Love it, man, I knew you had a fleet, but it has grown! Nice work, bro!

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    turned every bit as good as I knew they would, bro. and Starscream says thanks! :D 

Now on to your Iacon squad!!

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Make them combine!

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. They'll be fine until they pass a Dunkin Energon shop...

;) 

Nice fleet, now they need to be pulling over a few Decepticons. How about all of them beating up Decepticharge (Dragstrip) with him screaming "POLICE BRUTALITY! AH! RODNEY KING, RODNEY KING, RODNEY KINGGGGG!!" ;) 

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    your police force needs more badguys to track, as they're a 1:1 ratio now I think

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate your comments! I love em too :D  Alert is still my favorite . . . . :) 

Thanks man! Well, as you guys know, these things take time. :)  Ironically, the bot that inspired all of this was the Alt Prowl with all of his "US" deco (which I never liked). Even more ironic is that I never did anything until I got BTA Alert. I had the Alt Prowl and the BT Prowl displayed together and was never really happy.

After I was thinking the BT line was finished (technically the BTAs were to be the last BTs, then we KP and got BT-17 and -18). I really started thinking about what customs I could do that were specific to Japan to go along with Prowl and Alert. I did my research and found that out of all of the available molds we had, the RX-8 was used some too. I finished Backstreet literally the same day we got the news of KP "Autorooper." I didn't have a name for him, but just called him "Streetwise" just to get him up asap (mainly to avoid the whole "hey he looks like Autorooper posts). I never was happy with that name for him, but had finally taken my Alt Prowl off of the shelf to customize. Once I finished "Streetwise" and renamed the RX-8 to "Backstreet," the release of Autorooper was upon us. I was already building a troop, and the concept of Autorooper just pushed that idea even further. I just kept coming up with ideas and set out to make what I've posted tonight :) 

Thanks man, this is the core idea I went after: to have a uniform squad but to make each Autobot an individual (even the "roopers"). I've went to great lengths to achieve this and I'm glad it communicates :) 

I also set out to keep Prowl very much the leader. Stemming from this, I made Streetwise his 2nd lieutenant. The unit numbers denote their rank to an extent at least. The RX-8s are essentially of the same rank, but Backstreet is a brash bot; the other 2 keep him in like quite a bit. Shooter and Alert share much the same relationship. Alert is sort of a dreamer and needs to constantly be grounded. Shooter holds to logic more than any of the squad (at times, even more so that Prowl). This tends to make Shooter very rigid, whereas Prowl has more wisdom to balance logic and "passions." [Very much like G1 Red Alert] Alert has a touch of anxiety, but it's more of existing on a hair-trigger ready to act [versus just freaking out all of the time like as ol G1 Red did frequently].

Yep it sure has! Thanks for the props, man!

This thread marks the end of this project though. I've really done a lot of planning and deliberate implementation to develop an idea from start to finish and see it through. It's been a TON of fun and very gratifying. They've looked cool (and will continue to do so!) on my shelf and I'm thrilled to share em with you guys :D 

I just hope that Starscream will eventually make his way on this board in some form . . .

Yeah, I've been slowly working on the US bots, but much like my photography, my label making has been at a minimum (count all the things I've posted without proper license plates). Some of that has been the resources for printing though. Also, I'm planning to revisit Stakeout and treat him right (never was 100% happy with him). I've also been holding off on Interceptor so he can get more fair treatment since the inception of movie Barricade . . .

. . . but yeah, they'll be coming, but it'll still be some time . . . :wink: 

Oh gracious . . . no plans for that . . . especially since there are some BTs there :lol 

I'm more into Alts/BTs being groups and gangs and such. I don't have any plans for gestalts.

Hehe, thanks man! The thing about all of the police 'bots (both stationed in Japan and the US) is that they know how to do things "by the book." Sure, they make some mistakes here and there, but they're really REALLY good at what they do.

And they like Energon doughnuts.

Oh I won't have to worry about that with all of my other customs . . . :ev: 

Thanks to each of you guys for your comments; each one is much appreciated! This project has really meant a lot to me and it's nice to see my squad complete :D 

17. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I was kidding about the police brutality joke.

Nice customs anyhow.

18. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Very nice nice red on Shooters arms.

You just need some criminals for them to chase . Maybe a mech with a black face mask and a black and white striped torso 0-)

19. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hehe the seekers and stunticons will keep 'em busy, just to name a few already running rampant ;) 

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice bro!!....all of them look sweet.....how about a "VS." shot of them with the Seekers?!....that would rock!!....

Mighty fine job man....glad to see you finish them off.....and as Redline said....bring on the Iacon Squad...you know I've been waiting to see that one :thumb 

"Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come look for yoooouuuu".....:D