Autobot Matrix of Leadership is it important in the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Old School 75, May 3, 2007.

1. Old School 75

Old School 75 80s Baby!

I have not heard anything about it? Do you think it needs to be in the movie?
    [​IMG]

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The "Allspark" has basically replaced it. Although perhaps they'll use it in a sequel? They didn't want something called "the matrix" in the films due to the name association with trilogy of films (even though we called it first).

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Yeah, and Shadowrun has had a cyberworld called "The Matrix" waaaaay before The Matrix movies.

One thing I've had trouble with the TF movie is what -really- is the Matrix of Leadership. It's a powerful artifact, yeah, that kicked Unicrons ass, but what is there for, a last resort weapon or somthing deeper.

Could be that the Allspark in the movie is somthing completely different from the Matrix in the TF movie and we're just assoicating the Allspark and the Matrix as the same because they're both powerful artifacts.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

They should have it in the movie, probally see in the other movies.

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    its not in there, and it wont be in there.

doubtful that it will be in any sequels as well

6. Snarl2289

Snarl2289 Well-Known Member

What a load of bullshit is that. That it can't be or they will not call it THE MATRIX because of the movies of Keanu Reeves.

Who was first ? "The Autobot Matrix of Leadership" or "the Matrix-trilogy".:lolol 

Or am I just stupid and did they (makers of the Matrix's movies) bought the rights of the name ???? :throw 

7. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

The term "Matrix" is too well spread and known around the world as the Keanu Reeves movie.. Much more so than the "Matrix" in the TF universe.

To call it the "Matrix" in the 2007 TF movie, would only give the competition (Warner Bros) more attention, and by doing so, act as a free commecial campaign for the Keanu movie. It's simple marketing, guys...

TF had it first. But "The Matrix" was a far more successful and popular movie franchise.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobot martix shogut be in movie and optimus prime travel in martix and he will learn transformers history

9. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The Autobot matrix of leadership is to betow wisdom upon the beholder. It's also been used loosely..and quite illogically in the G1 cartoon as a weapon and a way to "reset" disasters that are "unavoidable" . OH, and in Transformers Tataki.

Anyways...I think that the first movie may be too soon, but I'd definately like to see it in the sequels. They can call it the "MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP" and people won't necessarily think of the Matrix. And so what if they do, they'll soon learn that it's certainly not anything like those movies and is not the same concept, or even close. And, that trilogy is over with...the only money it's making is through dvd sales and royalties everytime it's over played. It's not like there is a new matrix movie that is coming out in the theatres right now, or that when they say "MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP" they will be inadvertantly advertising for competition. Maybe the Matrix movies aren't necessarily over...but I don't see where they could take it, so I don't necessarily think there will be an MATRIX competition for upcoming sequels either.

And IF the producers and studio that made the trilogy somehow copy-writed the term "MATRIX" there are loop holes, and ways to get around that. Such as copy-writing "Autobot MATRIX of leadership"....because there is slight differences in the use of the term matrix as well as the other words involved in the phrase then the use of that phrase or word is not subject to any liable.

10. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

And Shadowrun itself lifted it from the RPG cyberpunk, which itself had "borrowed" it from the book Neuromancer.

not to mention before that the word already existed anyway.

It's not a matter of who used it first though. It's a matter of who owns the trademark in movie-related domains, and whether or not Hasbro/studio executives consider said trademark problematic or not.

11. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Don Murphy said that the matrix will be in it with posibly a diffrent name to my beilef the allspark is the matrix except can be use by any tranformer and is not in a holder thing actully what I said sounds like s#*% but I'm only guessing

12. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Should be in the movie after the first movie. Bottome line.

Not really, this is. I had the impression it twas Transformer heaven

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Meh, it doesn't HAVE to be in the movies. I'm fine with the Allspark. The matrix wasn't even in the G1 cartoon until the movie (yes I'm well aware it was in the comic, but it was just a program prime had to give life to Transformers, it wasn't until the animated movie that it was represented as an actual tangible item)

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    1-I thought the Allspark was the Matrix. XD
    2-I thought the name was not available thanks to the Matrix movies. XD
    3-After reading what you guys say I realize I was waaaay wrong. XD