Minor/Repaint: Autobot Clones

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crosscharge, Nov 23, 2008.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    I usually do not post customs that Ive ripped off an idea from. But when I saw AutobotX23's Cloudsaber I knew I wanted to do Cloudraker and Fastlane. So heres my version of his Mirage bash. I wanted to keep them looking as much the same as possible so I used his spoiler as his rudder. To fill in the gap from the curve I used weapons to fill the space (TFTM Brawl upper cannons). I did want to make his wings removeable (as I know I could for Fastlanes wheels) but I only had 1 magnet small enough to work in the tight areas and not make it look werid. I guess I could have done some sort of peg and hole system, but I gave up on it and glued it.

Big words of thanks to AutobotX23 and Big Hank for their amazing ideas and even more amazing excecution of them. You guys are truly inspiring.

This is also my first attempt and taking better than just point and click pictures on my workspace. I tried doing some small tweaking to them as well, some came out nice, some ehh.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy, comments and crits always appreciated.

Attached Files:

• ac1.jpg
      ac1.jpg
      File size:
      109.8 KB
      Views:
    • ac2.jpg
      ac2.jpg
      File size:
      240 KB
      Views:
    • ac3.jpg
      ac3.jpg
      File size:
      179.1 KB
      Views:
    • ac4.jpg
      ac4.jpg
      File size:
      182.4 KB
      Views:
    • ac5.jpg
      ac5.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
      Views:
    • ac6.jpg
      ac6.jpg
      File size:
      202.7 KB
      Views:
    • ac8.jpg
      ac8.jpg
      File size:
      252.7 KB
      Views:
    • ac9.jpg
      ac9.jpg
      File size:
      274.8 KB
      Views:
  2. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

I LOVE IT! NICE JOB!!!

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice, just like R02 you have taken a cool idea (with much props) & put your own spin on it.
    I like the subtle differences between your version and ABX23's

4. Boanerge

Boanerge Professional Lurker

Awesome job! really works. I like the silver panel lining on the wings very interesting effect.

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Really nice, since the fins/spoiler don't have to connect anymore are you going to sand down the little pegs on the inside?

6. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man they rock i want them . just awsome man.

7. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    very cool.

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Looks Great!! I'm glad my idea has spawned some awesome kitbashes!:thumbs2:  I' hope my clones turn out just as good when complete, I'm having thruster trouble at the moment!!:( 

9. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

bad ass man those are awesome I love it great vision

10. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    Really nice execution. Your customs just keep getting better and better.

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Most definitely a winner

12. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Great JOB! :D 
    gezz big hank, ax23, R02 really hit it off to bring out all of these customs, i like how yu made he clones those guys needed to see some daylight lol
    I would really like to make my own Decepticon(Im a Decepticon FREEK!) Clones, on day.

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Fantastic job. I wish i had thought of that but i dont think my wife woulda let me buy another of that same mold. Those are very nicely done. send me a pm on that paint i love that deep color red and i must know what it is. You blew my version completely out of the water! im humbled greatly. Again Fantastic job

14. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    VERY nice, I've liked the Autobot Clones since I saw them, these are a nice update. It always impresses me how easily Mirage is modified into a jet/Cybertron mode vehicle once the wheels are removed.

15. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

Very good. The clones are a very hard bash due to the fact that their robot modes need to be almost identical while the vehicle modes need to be so different. I'm in the process of making my own autobot clones out of Cybertron Brakedown, so I know how difficult this is to accomplish.

16. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Man, two great customs from Mirage! This is a great paint job, man. I would address the cockpict/window, to give it a lil more color, but your modding and bash work is flawless. :thumb 

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Word. I wanna make the D-con clones too. Wonder if Battle Ravage would work out I few extra of that mold.

Great work though on these guys. I might actually give a try at this, especially if they release a red version of Mirage cuz at the moment I only have on extra of the mold. Kudos! :thumb 

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You can't think of it that way. Otherwise we wouldn't be getting various interpretations of the same character. If we all went by that logic, what would be the point to customizing? You should feel free to make a custom even if it's been done before. Each project is one of a kind. And yes, this includes the millions of Devastators that have been posted on Radicons since Ptitvite.

19. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

Yeah, AutobotX23 is a friggin' genius! Mirage makes a kickass plane!
    Crosscharge, these look great! Always a big fan of seeing G1 characters look updated and awesome!

20. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the comments guys! These were a blast to make and Im glad you all like them and have helped me to make them better!

I had saved those to last to paint as I knew I would lose them, and I always get excited at the end and rush to get it done. I didnt even think about doing that tell you said it, and yep it does look great. Thanks man!

Your Ideas are badass, very inspiring! I thought long and hard about the thrusters and ultimetly decided that the exhaust looked *enough* like some sort of propulsion to keep them looking the same, But I bet you have something up your sleeve.

I totally spaced on your Wingclip, a big word of thanks to you for helping move this project along, and I defintly wouldnt say blown out of the water. The red is a Krylon Fusion satin burgandy. I wanted to put a wash over it but I totally failed at that. So I added some testors dark red rouge really thinned out in a couple areas. Thanks again!

So many people to thank for the help and inspiration and you are certainly not the least! As for the cockpits, I havent really worked with spraying that much and I didnt mask the back of the cockpit. It doesnt super bother right now, but in a little while I might try to remove that paint or do something over it.

Im not sure about that, but looking at Whiskytangos terrorcons, I think the classics seeker mold could be used to loosly mimic the Decepticon clones, maybe >.>

Thanks again to everyone. I still cant belive how much I like this mold. I passed on it the first time around because I thought it looked a little silly. I bought fracture because I really liked a bash where he was turned into Scrouge. Then I opened him up and he was kick ass! so I bought another to have the mold left alone. You guys ruined that plan. I need to find a couple more, 1 to have it left alone, and another for another project I have in mind. For more on that go to the requests and help me with some ideas for that.