Minor/Repaint: Autobot Clones: Fastlane & Cloudraker WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Jul 5, 2011.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

The Autobot clones- Fastlane and Cloudraker work in progress, with just starting them today. I still want to attach the wings to Cloudraker a little better in alt. mode, so That will change before they enter the painting stage. Just wanted to do something different than the PCC Leadfoot versions (plus I like the Mirage mold waaaayyyyy better!). Any comments welcome, Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Thats reallt brilliant. Mirage makes a perfect jet, go figure.

3. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

...you know, even without paint, I find these look particularly good color-wise. The blues in the Breacher heads, Mirage bodies, and Thundercracker wings seem to all match close enough that if you called these original characters, you could be done now. XD But yeah, nice work so far, Mirage mold works better for this pair IMO, all it needs is some way to close that gap between the wings and the body on Cloudraker and you'll be good for paint. :3

...btw, did the Breacher head fit on Mirage's neck without mods? I REALLY like how that head looks on that mold.

4. wheeljack2010

Hey thanks man. Yeah I was thinking the same thing while making these guys, they look pretty good with the stock colors from the figures used. I hadn't intentionally put it together that way, it was just what I had available to me at this time. They'll definitely look even better in their G1 colors and some decals!

Yes, the Breacher head snaps right on, and the best part about it is that it's just a tiny bit bigger than Mirages head, so it stores nicely in the canopy in alt. mode as well!

5. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Infinite Black Photog

News Credits:
    Nice! Always thought Mirage's mold makes good bodies for the clones. Someone did this for me a few year back

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, I don't have the guts to transform them so I don't have pics of their alt modes.

6. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Looks great! I'm in the same boat too - the parts i added to Cloudraker match the figure's original colors, so i could almost leave them unpainted. It's totally up to you.

7. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Nice job. :D  :D  :D 

8. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

9. wheeljack2010

Whoa man! Those look great, and I remember them on e-bay! member Blacklion did them I believe, and he did an amazing job! Will definitely be using these as a color guide to match, with slight differences/added details. Really considering doing the Treadbolt wings myself. I like how they look in bot mode folded back to match up with fastlane a lil better. Though they are a lil smaller as well, which I like the size of the T-cracker wings b/c they match the body of the aircraft better; so lil torn at the moment b/w the two.

Thanks man!
    Thanks bro'!

10. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

Now this is a cool custom..Cloudraker looks awesome, and Fastlane does, too. Just need to paint them red instead of the blue.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This is awesome idea. :thumb 

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is cool. Mirage's F1 Racer makes a surprisingly good jet base.