Autobot Burnout's Funnies

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Autobot Burnout, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Razorblade Angel?

2. Merchhounds

Merchhounds Well-Known Member

:jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper:  ..................................:popcorn  :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn 

3. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Razorblade?

Hack the planet!

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oooooh... interesting... *gets :popcorn  ready*

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh boy a new saga. :popcorn 

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright folks, what you've just seen is a very extremely simplified version of the opening plot from a book titled Razorblade Angel. I have the privilege of being one of the pre-readers for this novel, so I think I can safely say that if you like things such as Macross/Robotech, Gundam (especially the 1979 original series), or any other 80's era mecha series, then you will love Razorblade Angel.

However, this book is going to be self-published by my good friend Rob, who runs Megami Studios, and right now he needs help. He's running a kickstarter right now with lots of neat and awesome perks that only increase in Bill-and-Ted-style-Excellence substantially with the more you can donate, but it's currently running behind the daily rate of increase in the total funds to meet the goal on time. So, please, if possible, I'd like to ask all of you to please contribute to the Razorblade Angel Kickstarter to help make this story a reality, and even if you can't donate any money it would be fantastic if you all could spread the word about it on other forums, with your families, etc. to try and increase the chances that my friend's book can be a reality.

Kickstarter here: RAZORBLADE ANGEL - military/mecha scifi novel by Rob Barba — Kickstarter

Read the first two chapters of the real Razorblade Angel novel here:Sample Pages - RAZORBLADE ANGEL

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sideways is fan of Game of Thrones. Bitchin' :lol 

:popcorn 

8. Merchhounds

Merchhounds Well-Known Member

:popcorn  Look's cool.

9. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

10. halconfenix

halconfenix burning the wallet

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    spreading the Word....

11. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

That's quite a lot of update to take in at once... but I'll check it more later. You were probably just enjoying getting to use some of the lesser seen (or never seen) figures and toys ya had layin' around for this though X3

12. Lock Cade

13. Autobot Burnout

Actually, this whole thing was meant to be an in-joke for my friend as the first week of the kickstarter has made him somewhat perpetually on edge due to the reception it's gotten elsewhere for completely unrelated reasons. I whipped up this parody to cheer him up and he liked the idea of trying to use it to help promote the KS here on the boards.

Plus, to be honest, the only times I was picky with what characters I used was for the human analogues (I.E. I would have used Sideswipe instead of Nobel Gundam, but the character in the story is female and Nobel technically is in a sailor outfit) and for specific visual jokes (I.E. panel 3 has all gunboats, except one is a different kind of gunboat). This really has nothing to do with whatever plotlines I was working with before the series went on hiatus, so any established characterizations for any figures used don't apply beyond the official personalities (I.E. Sunstreaker being a self-obsessed douche).

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Fantastic comeback! Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica. :popcorn 

15. halconfenix

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    now the primal question:

will your approach to this story continue in photocomic form or this was just a one-off to promote the kickstarter...?

16. Autobot Burnout

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, but yes, that was a one-off to promote the KS, along with trying to gauge if it would be worth my time to make comics again.

Unfortunately, it just made me reconfirm my reasons why I stopped making them in the first place;

These days, my time is at an even greater premium due to college and my social life, and while I simply commute from home now (meaning I have constant access to my figures), I simply do not enjoy making comics like I used to. Changing the kind of comic to non-sequitr strips without the constraints of an ongoing plot would be possible, but while I do have one or two ideas for that, I simply wouldn't enjoy emulating what I hate the most about Transformers: Prime (alongside many, many other grievances such as why all the female characters were either useless or more often only alive because the plot demanded they be). Additionally, even if I could be happy with how I made the comics, the funnies subforum has more or less become a place where I don't feel my kind of storytelling would fit in or is even welcome anymore. Who knows, maybe if conditions change I might at least try to do that Miku arc, but for now the most this thread might see in the near future is the occasional one-shot if I feel like it.

17. halconfenix

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    no worries... heck! my own comic is barely alive due to other projects and RL getting too much in the way. but you are right.... this isnt the funnies section i used to know anymore...

18. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I stand by my statement that the funnies have gone to shit. Most of the new comics around here are just awful. This used to be my first place to visit when logging into TFW. Now I pretty much avoid it. Then again, I avoid the Transformers section of this website for the most part, since I stopped enjoying Transformers a long time ago.

19. Lock Cade

I'm with Crystal Convoy. Most of the new comics here are awful. The funnies just aren't the way they used to be when I first started reading photocomics on here. Majority of the comics I followed have stopped updating for known or unknown reasons, while some comics like Warring At Play and Out of the Dead Land update every once in a great while and at least a couple of my faves, G_13's Attempt at Funnies and ECR's Beyond Your Wildest Imagination, are going to be coming to an end. And I've been meaning to get back into making comics again, but just within the past couple weeks I finally got a job and what free time I had before is severely limited to my days off (for the time being I get Wednesdays and Fridays off), plus my creative muse isn't cooperating and the one comic idea I really want to go for... I'm just not ready to tackle it yet.

So I can see why you've more or less stopped making comics, especially comics with story arcs like your planned Miku story. I will miss this comic, as I miss all the comics I've come to read and love that no longer update. Best of luck in college and everything that you do.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  20. Autobot Burnout

Just to add some clarification, I'm not completely stopping being a storyteller. Far from it, in fact. While my photocomic days are probably done for the most part, I've turned to writing pony fanfiction, which is sort of the same thing but actually allows me much greater freedom as I'm not restricted by what I physically have in my collection. Plus, the community the funnies once had, I've found again with some other authors who I chat with every night on SteamChat, bouncing off creative ideas and prereading each others work.

As I would like to refrain from TFW at large from knowing my FimFiction account, if anybody wants to read my stuff and the things I'm involved with in the pony fanfiction scene, just pop me a PM and I'll link you.