Autobot Burnout's Funnies

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Autobot Burnout, Sep 21, 2008.

1. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

"In depth" talk, eh, Drem-Howling?
    By "In depth talk", you don't happen to mean "Beat the hell out of my counterpart in the most masochistic five minutes of my life", do you? :D 

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

2 Howling's in the same dimension (though one still has her original body, while the other got a temporary reformating) that could get a little dicey. Also throw in Pomock and Partio, Tigris and Vitulus into the mix, as well as ponies, this could get even more interesting

From now on, I'll stop trying to connect this to events in other comics that your not having a crossover with

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wheelie would suffer. It doesn't matter if he actually said it or not, two Howlings is nothing but bad news to him.

More or less.

Oh, trust me, even MORE people are going to get involved before this is over. Including one of my old favorites from a while back:) 

Thank you:)  I apologize if I came off as harsh in my last post, but to me it seemed you were over-analyzing everything by trying to connect my current stories with things from other comics, TFW photocomics or otherwise, that weren't even relevant to what I was doing or what I have done in the past, and not paying enough attention to my actual story.

Anyways, I'm at college again, folks, and while I'm still working on the crossover with Drem, updates are going to essentially be a monthly affair for a while as I only get access to my collection every three weeks or so, and are subject to delay as a result of college stuff (like, y'know, studying).

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

No worries.

5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Too Much Deja Vu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Don't worry, I'm afraid of Pinkie Pie, too.

7. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

:lolol  Because Pinkie Pie! That line never gets old!

Keep up the good work! :D 

8. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :popcorn  at least things are somehow getting clear...

9. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

:lol 
    I'm beginning to suspect that "Because Pinkie Pie" is the FiM version of "It's magic! We don't have to explain it!"

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

1) Looks like we may get the conclusion to the Crossover with Drem from a few years ago this time
    2) At least Shockwave isn't involved yet (or FOC Bruticus....yet)

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:lol  :popcorn 

12. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

:) 

Oh, as long as the fireball cannon is just a polite sort of gesture, that's all right then. :D 

I'm sure Pinkie will forgive you, Blinky, and hey, maybe she'll even bake you some nice cupcakes or something. :D 

13. Shikaze

Shikaze Well-Known Member

There are days I swear Pinky Pie is the hidden daughter of Loki... It wouldn't be the first horse he'd birth after all.

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Okay, I've been thinking long and hard on this, but after Drem and I eventually finish this crossover, there's a good chance I'm going to stop making the comic. Obviously, this thread hasn't seen a whole lot of action since I've had to put comic making on hold, and Drem hasn't updated his part of the crossover in weeks due to real life issues, and it's not for a lack of ideas (I've got the next story planned an everything), it's just that I don't feel like my comic is generating the levels of interest it did back in its prime a few years ago.

I also have to admit that I feel like the funnies forum has changed in ways that I don't really like. A lot of "the old guard" as I mentally referred to them as has left. Funness on a Stick has been pretty much abandoned, I haven't seen Shane post in months, ditto for CI, SD doesn't make Transshinki & Friends anymore, Polenicus can't make WaP due to moving his things into a new home, etc. Even the comics that are still going kind have lost me (Autobus, I have to be brutally honest, but I really do not like where your comic went after that Christmas Party. It's still hilarious, but I don't even know where to begin in trying to figure out what's going on anymore.), and it's kind of sad to me that a good few of the new comics that have popped up take their names from Grimlock 13's "Attempt at Funnies", since his comic is the longest standing. And then the kind of humor a number of the new comics rely on just doesn't feel as original, witty, or as inspired as much of the comics used to be in the past, and yet they generated more comments with that kind of stuff than some of the older comics did, including mine. It's been a continuing struggle for me to try and make comics with a good story with good jokes that are built up over time and effects that don't look shitty, and for all my work to get snubbed by newer comics simply because they provide a quick laugh that doesn't rely on significant build ups or even an understanding about the characters on a deeper level, that just tells me the audience these comics are being presented to have changed for the most part and don't share the same ideas about photocomics or story telling that I do.

So...yeah, chances are I'm probably going to move on from this comic after the crossover, and Project: E.V.A. most likely will not see chapter 3. It's too much work and time for me to invest in something that the majority of the audience seeing it won't like as much as something else.

15. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I feel you man. This forum has changed a lot, and not for the better. I remember when this place used to be fun and entertaining. Those days are long gone and I doubt the feeling from back then will ever return. It's sad, but that's how things go.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Aw man... but I love your comics. :( 

17. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    Sorry you feel that way, man.

18. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    after reading your post a couple times (because i really cant belive you are going to stop... although this thing has happened before) i want to give my personal opnion in all of this, and just in case i'll repeat this again: this is a PERSONAL opinion...

while i do admit that the "comic makers from the old guard" are almost gone, the funnies section has changed a lot (it is dark times indeed), and to make things worse, real life starts getting too much in the way, i still keep working on my comic even at a very slow pace...

why?

not because i have an overwhelming audience waiting for me to show them mah mad skillz... (yea right...) on the contrary! i'm still making comics because i like to keep my creativity, and most importantly the very essence of my childhood "alive and kicking" so to speak, regardless of audience...

so if nobody reads my stuff, fine by me! im just doing this to have my fun anyway, and if there's at least ONE reader, even if he or she doesnt give any feedback, that's fine by me as well...

so, whatever are you going to do after the crossover with drem is done, just dont take too seriously the "social situation" here at the funnies and make sure dont lose that essence. otherwise the very thing that makes you and me (and "the old guard" and everyone in between) so different and special from the rest of the boring society will be lost...

:2c: 

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    The thing about art and writing is that you shouldn't do it because you want an audience, but because you like to do it or are internally driven to do it. YOU are your first audience, and your last.

You're creating for yourself - I'm not saying that as a selfish thing, but because your first audience is you, it's a truth. Anyone outside of yourself that enjoys your stuff is icing. Tasty tasty icing that you can share something you enjoy with. But they shouldn't be the reason you start or stop something.

Because IT'S OKAY. If you want to stop, it's okay. If you want to continue, it's okay. Whatever you want to do with your work IT'S OKAY. :) 

--Moony

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh Well, atleast the ride was fun while it lasted.