Autobot Burnout's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Autobot Burnout, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Hey all,
    I just finished moving around some shelves to provide a more dust-free place for my 'formers and other toys. Here's what it looks like right now:
    [​IMG]

Everything in the shot is mine except the Movie Camshaft, it's borrowed from a friend.

2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Nice stuff, Nice set up too!!

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I like the Megatron Bobble head in the background

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    nice setup.. pics are a bit unclear though, i cant make out all ur figures...

5. Autobot Burnout

To those who have already posted: Thanks! I also am aware of the lighting problem, but since I like to play around with any figure on any given day, the set-up is designed to allow for easy access to almost any figure on the shelves (Sixshot is the hardest to get out due to his wings hitting the overhang from the shelving ridge, he must be put in and removed by slanting him at an angle).

Of course, that pic is now outdated as I've gotten quite a few new TF's, so I'll need to update that along with posting smaller groups that are easier to see at some point.

6. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice collection.

7. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Ooo!! Nice! :thumb 

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Nice collection, now hook us up with some closeups brotha.

9. Autobot Burnout

Wow, guess it's time to dig this old thread up, as my collection has grown significantly since then, plus I've finally achieved a near-100% Classics Autobot shelf (I'm quite proud of that, actually) and the E. Omega Supreme I've wanted for years.

And I will get around to close up pics, too. Judging by the absence of one of my Shinkis in the picture in this thread, this was taken on my old crappy Kodak EasyShare. I've got a Cannon Powershot A2000IS now, and it should get those not-so-greatly-lit spots with ease.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome :thumb 

11. Autobot Burnout

Okay, here's the updated setup:
    [​IMG]

And the close ups:
    [​IMG]
    My (mostly) Classics/G1 Autobot shelf (E. Optimus and E. Wing Saber are there simply because I couldn't fit them elsewhere, but at least Wing Saber works because of his Star Saber homage)

[​IMG]
    Random mix, mostly Classics/Movie Decepticons and Movie/Animated Autobots (plus Battle Begins Megatron, who I like to keep with the BB Prime)

[​IMG]
    Animated Decepticons and most of my A/E/C figures that are larger than Deluxe. The gap behind Energon Landquake is where my Nemesis Prime (E. Prime Repaint) will go when he's finished. Right now I've got some more work to do on him.

[​IMG]
    Another random mix, mostly Alternators, my titular custom Autobot Burnout (Camshaft repaint), and where all my Shinkis and the Rin Kagamine Figma figures hang out. Hidden from view: ROTF Armorhide (right behind Movie Landmine and Battle Ravage), "Freeway Brawl" Voyager Optimus (behind Alt. Skids).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Where all the smaller Deluxes, scouts, minicons, and everything in between go.

[​IMG]
    All my larger figures and more figures that I couldn't fit elsewhere (getting ROTF Scalpel to stand is an absolute nightmare because of the one broken balljoint, but he WAS in the movie so I can't get rid of him...)

[​IMG]
    This is a close up of the area under Unicron. I've got FAB Frenzy and a beat-up RID Side Burn under here because they're not all that great to display but they gotta go somewhere. Side Burn is also missing the weapon and his right foot along with being in not-so-great condition (the roof aparently broke in the past and was hot glued back together, but it doesn't hold on the arm point at all). The only good thing about Side Burn is that his rubber tires haven't cracked.

[​IMG]
    Currently the only MISB/MOSC figure I have. The robot mode looks better than the alt. mode, and it's not like Legends are in short supply, so this figure is worth more to me by staying MOSC

12. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Night & day with the old picture versus the new ones. You've got a lot of neat stuff up on them shelves. Who are those two figures in front of Lockdown & Longhaul? They look like customs of some sort.

[​IMG]

~Z

13. Autobot Burnout

Thanks!:D 

As for the two customs, the orange one is a repainted KO I named Padlock (after the generic who dies in Energon):
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/324002-classics-padlock-autobot-generic.html

The other one is a repainted Marvel Crossovers Wolverine that I slightly modified and named Mudflap (who is a Decepticon, I still need to put a Con sticker on him but I'm waiting to make a big order from Reprolabels for that):
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/308370-decepticon-mudflap.html

I've got a whole team of custom Decepticons that Mudflap is supposed to be the leader of, I just need to get around to getting the figures I need.

14. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice collection. :thumb 

15. Autobot Burnout

Dang, it's been a LONG time since I've updated this, the collection has grown considerably since the last time, to the point that it's difficult to actually get a full shot of it all. To give a better idea of the layout, it's the same two shelves but the majority of the figures were moved to the right onto a shelving unit that's where the wooden drawer set used to be.

Anyways, from the top left...

Top shelf
    [​IMG]
    Can't really fit these guys anywhere, really, so they're placed up here for the time being.

Alts/misc.
    [​IMG]

Bottom shelf/Large figures
    [​IMG]
    (Unicron is holding the Matrix from the RtS BiS set)

Top shelf, Classics Autobots/RID/Animated Autobots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Middle Shelf, Animated/Classics/G1/Movie Decepticons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom Shelf, Movie Autobots/Unicron trilogy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I know FAB Frenzy is there, I've been meaning to put him back up to the right shelf but never remember to do so for some reason)

Axillary Shelf top
    [​IMG]
    Axillary Shelf middle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is more of a staging area for figures while I try to figure out how to put them into the main collection display proper.

Gundams
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Awesome collection update, Autobot Burnout. Man, your collection is huge and impressive. Keep it up! :) 

17. Autobot Burnout

Four years later, things have changed significantly - almost all of my main collection now sits in a two-unit, four shelf array, and honestly how I manage to keep finding more space in these crowded shelves is something I don't quite comprehend.

Top left shelf: Alternators, customs, unique or otherwise noteworthy figures, and Japanese imports

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should note that Energon Dreadwing and Armada Optimus "Superpants" Prime normally are not supposed to be on this shelf, but my designated Unicron Trilogy area doesn't have enough space to deal with Dreadwing's hip kibble, and Armada Prime is in a vacant position pending a collection reorganization at which time he'll go back where he belongs - I had to remove him to evaluate how badly he's aged, which I'm pleased to say beyond missing parts (gun, forearm smokestacks/guns) he's not got that GPS problem reported some time back and the original, decade old flat disc batteries he was packaged with are not only still working but also not showing any risk of corrosive damage.

Second left shelf - Vintage G1 and "Neo-G1" Classics/Generations Autobots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOTM Cyberverse Powerglide is only here partly because he was formerly the Classics stand-in, replaced by the real deal from CW naturally, but mainly that as all three Powerglides are quite small I find the trio shoulder-to-shoulder amusing.

Also, Energon Wing Saber is standing in for a Classics Wing Saber.

Still don't remember why I have Cosmos being left handed, though...

Third left shelf - LEGO Exo-Force, random misc. things
    [​IMG]
    Mainly the small knock offs and other TFs that I can't put into their proper displays for space reasons or were taken out of them to be replaced, I.E. Titanium Hot Zone used to be the Hot Spot of the previous shelf and Energon Fat Prime my Classics Prime. The trio of Movie Landmines will go on the top shelf because that mold is bloody fantastic and possibly the best deluxe toy ever made. This whole shelf is pending being cleaned out and repurposed since EXO-FORCE is a dead line and I could use the space for Transformer display expansion.

Bottom left shelf - Supremes and other crap
    [​IMG]
    Needs dusting I know...

Top right - MLP, Animated, RID Spychangers, Select TF Prime, and Char Aznable's Zaku II Custom shrine
    [​IMG]
    The Headmaster unit came from a friend who didn't want it on his Leader Bulkhead. The Zaku II - the Real Grade 1/144 for those curious - is mounted on the special Char's Custom Action Base 1 (and FE Cliffjumper is standing on it in case his height seems a bit off) because back then there wasn't a giant bloody herd of rainbow horses blocking it from view. It will eventually be moved to a proper place with my Gundams in due time.

Second right shelf - Vintage G1, "Neo-G1" Classics/Generations, and Movie Decepticons.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is slight bleedover between the Classics and Movie figures, as I count ROTF Bludgeon as both types (but only listed in my personal manifest as Classics Bludgeon) and RtS Lugnut is firmly in the Classics camp as well. Those of you with sharp enough eyes may have noticed Movie Storm Surge (yes I know he's a Cybertron Shortround repaint but he manages to have an S7 icon despite not having a Con emblem anywhere) is standing in front of two cyberkeys. The blue/silver one is his, while the purple one is actually the spiky 'Cybertron Decepticon' key that came with the TRU exclusive AllSpark Power Mudflap. Only I customized that toy into a Classics Erector and so swapped his key for the non-faction aligned brown 'Earth' key from Universe 2.0 Dropshot.

Third right shelf - Movie Autobots, Unicron Trilogy + extra mini-cons, FAB Movie Frenzy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where Movie 1 Leader Prime is standing normally is shared by him and Armada Superpants Prime - it's not exactly an easily accessible spot, hence why I have not returned the latter there. I have the mini-cons from some Armada figures I don't actually own by way of a friend who really was not fond of them so he gave them to me. This shelf also is where my first Transformer sits - the infamous Armada Hot Shot himself. He used to be on the top left shelf but I felt it appropriate to move him among the rest of his toyline.

Also if anybody happens to know where I can get a Leader-1 mini-con and basically every single removable part off of the original Armada Megatron - particularly his antlers - please let me know.

Off the shelf - Computer Desk: Recent acquisitions pending placement on the shelves

Just yesterday I got in a figure lot full of both interesting and rare figures.
    [​IMG]

This particular Armada Wheeljack - he's complete, Wind Sheer is attached to his left knee and hidden behind the G2 Cyberjet KO - has some nostalgic appeal as it was the subject of some minor shenanigans years ago when its former owner and I did photocomics and I kept saying I had stolen it from him. The Knock Off was included as a freebee and the Movie Air Raid was dirt cheap, but ironically the KO is extremely high quality with all the articulation joints whereas Air Raid...kinda sucks in comparison, with the cockpit kibble falling off a lot and the left foot's hinge already having required a super glue repair on the existing super glue repair.

[​IMG]

One of the two real gems of the lot - the other being one of the Busou Shinkis shown earlier - was a mint condition Beast Wars Neo Heinlad. Absolutely immaculate condition and his clock works perfectly, so much that I'm not sure if I want to put him in the collection shelves proper or keep him here as a desk clock. Probably also worth noting he is the first Beast Wars toy I've ever owned.

Bedside top shelf
    [​IMG]

Various one-off collectibles of interest and my Optimus Prime voice changer mask/head. He's wearing three hats at once and it should be fairly obvious why.

Clothes Drawer top - Gundams and assorted small junk
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Storage drawer set top - more models and Gundams
    [​IMG]
    Yes, the yellow maid girl is a mobile suit, and the yellow bear on the right is also a mobile suit.

Immediately to the left of the last picture
    [​IMG]

Don't ask me why I have 'Nature Boy Ric Flair' - it's more about a personal in-joke about Funko POP figures themselves than any actual interest in Ric Flair or wresting in general.