Minor/Repaint: Autobot bounty hunter Caliber

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deceptihunter, Feb 19, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

This is one i had to return because the first one was missing some parts. Again, QC issue. Anyway, this is Autobot Caliber. When I first got the figure, the grey/white really stood out at me as an autobot kind of color. So, i refactioned him. I gave him a pulse rifle that i made from lego's, added some red and gave him a chain that is used to capture those whom has been given a bounty. I added some autobot decals and the most obvious mod i did was getting rid of that hideous tail/leg he had in the back! It kinda surprised me as to how easy this was to do. I can still retain the rotors in the back but not have the tail hanging down. He also has weapon storage in alt mode as well which is awesome! Oh, yeah, scorpinock's new name is Switchblade. If you like this or if you see something that i could to to make this figure better, post it! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    1: Wow. That really turned out NICE. That lego gun really is perfect for him. And the chained Frenzy gave off the vibe that this guy could walk into a bar just like that and not be taken for granted. It definitely gives that bounty hunter vibe you were looking for.

2: Much better on the photos! It shows off the detail you put into it so much more.

3: NEED MORE! :thumb 

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Im getting a 'Super Megatron' vibe from this guys color scheme. I like it, tho - especially the simple mod to make the robot mode looks more like Blackout/Grindor from the big screen.

~Z

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Very impressed with the color scheme, it came out good.

5. deceptihunter

Thanks, does anybody need to know how to do the tail mod? If so, post it.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I definitely think you should do this. :thumb 

I can't wait to see your work in person :wink: 

7. bensdady

bensdady Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hell yeah please post how to do the tail mod.

8. deceptihunter

A friend of mine is bringing his blackout monday when we meet up. I'm gonna do the mod to his blackout and i am going to do a photo tutorial on it. I will post how to do i verbally today. I am kinda busy right now. Give me about an hour.

9. deceptihunter

Hey everybody, I'll have to get the verbal tutorial tonight when I get back from work. I got kinda busy so I apologize.

10. deceptihunter

Well, I am home from work and as I promised, the verbal tutorial. First you want to have some tools. I used a phillips head screwdriver, hacksaw, and some locktite superglue. First you want to take the tail/rotor backpack thing off of blackout. You'll want to take the two screws out from underneath the rotor. When you do this, gently separate the two pieces and the top half of this piece should separate from the bottom half and then the rotor should be free from the rest of the back/tail piece. Then you want to use the screwdriver to start taking the screws out of the side of back/tail piece. You don't have to take the one out of the tail rotor b/c this part is glued together. After you take the screws out, gently pull this piece apart down the seam in the plastic. All of the gears for the rotor spin gimmick should just fall out. I hated that gimmick anyway. Now you will have a free spining rotor for blackout. Now, you will want to screw back in all of the screws for the back/tail piece. Don't screw the ones in for the two rotor pieces that join together. After you have done that, you will want to use a dremmel, or in my case a hacksaw and cut the hinge off that would cause the rotor to tilt down in that weapon mode. DO NOT DAMAGE THIS PIECE!!!!! You'll want to cut adjacent to that rectangular plug that tabs into the back of blackout. Cut straight up. After you cut the hinge off, you'll want to put the hinge back into the rotor piece it came out of. Now you'll want to screw the two screws back into the rotor piece securing the hinge inside. this gives you more surface for the glue to stick to. Now time to glue. If you did the rotor piece properly, you'll notice there are some notches in the back of blackout where the back/tail piece goes just above the rectangular hole. These notches and the notches underneath the rotor line up perfectly. You'll want to spread some superglue or whatever you use onto the rotor piece and then apply to the back of blackout. Let it dry for about 2 hours. You will then be able to simply attach and detach the back/tail piece without removing the rotors. Now in bot mode, you don't have that third leg hanging down in the back but you do have the rotors folded down to give him a more movie accurate look! Also, scorpinock will still hang down in the back by hanging him by his tail inserted into the rectangular hole. I hope this helps everybody. I will be putting together a visual tutorial next week so this won't be so confusing. Believe it or not, this only takes probably 15 minutes. I just gave so many details cause i want everyone who attemps this to be successful at it. Let me know how it worked out for ya!

11. bensdady

bensdady Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks def gonna try that on my extra grindor.