Autobot Betrayal???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by knyghtmare2021, Jul 12, 2011.

1. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    This is a serious question, and it applies to any continuity. With the exception of Sentinel Prime from DOTM, has there ever been an autobot that ended up sided with the cons? And by sided with, I don't mean in just an episode or issue or two and then every thing went back to normal. I don't think Wasp from TFA counts, as her was more or less in league with BA, and not so much a Decepticon (But that's just how I see it).

If there hasn't, then WOW. Totally new territory in the movieverse!

2. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

no

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

In Shattered Glass, Sideswipe, a member of the evil Autobots, joined the good Decepticons. Probably not what you are looking for, but hey, it sorta counts. XD

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, I'm gonna assume this has to do with voluntarily going bad for the long run, rather than situations where bots have gotten reformatted & whatnot.

However, you're right about it being unexplored (the OP), as even if we bring Quickstrike from Beast Wars into this (the crazy cowbot in all his glory), the fact that he wasn't really a Maximal on screen (he just sort of came outa the stasis pod screwy) means that he probably doesn't count either.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Armada Wheeljack. Maybe BW Rhinox in BM but he was reprogrammed so it wasn't his choice.

6. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm talking voluntarily, not reprogrammed or shell programs or what not.

Did Armada Wheeljack do that in the context of the series though? Was he introduced as an Autobot and then went to the cons? Or was he introduced as a con, with a flashback of "I used to be an Autobot". Personally, I'm looking for instory betrayal, like a reverse BW Dinobot deal.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really kinda. His mind was so tormented that he made the choice, it just wasn't one a sane Rhinox would make.

However when he died and joined the Matrix he went back to normal, so I hesitate to count it. But Armada Wheeljack deffinately counts. He appeared as a Con, but his history as an Autobot was detailed in full in the episode itself.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually there have been a few.

Wheeljack and his mini-con Wind Sheer from Armada were both Autobots turned Decepticons

Armada comics had Rhinox,Airazor and Cheetor , all Autobots turned bad by Unicron

Same goes for Mudflap from Cybertron

Oil Slick from the Universe line was an Autobot turned Decepticon

Also from Universe, Razorclaw was a Maximal turned bad by the Vok and then worked for Unicron.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    In Beast Machines Rhinox did rage war against the Maximals after he was freed from being Tankor. But he also tried to take down Megatron and become leader himself.

10. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Armada Starscream became an autobot

11. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    So, Armada Wheeljack, Universe Oil Slick (was there a comic fiction with the Universe toy line?), and Cybertron Mudflap. I not interested the ones corrupted by outside influence such as the Vok or Unicron. I was honetly just wondering how often if at all the concept of a bot defecting to the cons had been explored

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Armada Wheeljack was in the toon and I believe the comic.

Universe had a mini comic but I'm not sure if they ever did an Oil Slick story.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does The Fallen count? Also there was Nova Prime from the IDW comics who became Nemesis Prime. The Primes really seem to have a tendency to go bad it seems.
    But then, they were introduced after the change so I guess it doesn't count.

14. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't think so, since he Predates Autobot and Decepticons.

15. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only ones that I can think of that are kind of what you're talking about are Armada Wheeljack and Sideways, and Animated Blackarachnia. Wheeljack and Blackarachnia felt abandoned by their friends and were accepted by Megatron and the Decepticons, but the stories didn't exactly happen in the course of their series, they were told in flashbacks. And Sideways was never really on either side to begin with.

So in the sense where over the course of a series we see an Autobot slowly decide to become a Decepticon, then no, I don't think we have.

16. bumblebee-prime

bumblebee-prime Elite Guard

what about drift. he used to be an autobot back on cybertron according to the comics, but then he became deadlock and was one of the most brutal of decepticons. his body was rebuilt after a battle, but he was still a decepticon then he converted back to an autobot after some time.

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    skyfire??? well wait he went from the decepticons to the autobots to the decepticons then back to the autobots right? Its been a while since I've seen that G1 episode

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jetfire was only a Decepticon for part of an episode. He had no faction & just joined his old friend Starscream when they dug him up. Even then, he didn't have the personality to be a Con. When he found who the Autobots were, he joined them.

19. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Wheeljack for sure.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Wasnt he neutral time before he joined the Decepticons?