Autobot becoming Decepticons and vice-versa

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If it where to happen which Autobot and Decepticon would you prefer to make the jump?

Here's my list:

Becoming Autobots: Thundercraker, Soundwave with his cassets, Thrust

Becoming Decepticons: Bumble Bee, Mirage, Powerglide, Blaster with his cassets

I would be funny having Soundwave ejecting Lazerbeak with the lines " Lazerbeak eject operation retreive Megatron's plans" LOLL

your turn

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Soundwave's untrusted enough on his own side; to have the Autobots trust him would be unthinkable. I'll give you that Thundercracker is a possible, though.

Others potential turncoats I have in mind:

Becoming Autobots: G1 Overlord, Armada Starscream

Becoming Decepticons: G1 Grimlock (plus the rest of the Dinobots), G1 Repugnus, G1 Punch

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Fort Max turned, maybe with an evil new Nebulan partner. Lots of potential for mayhem there.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Wait..Overlord? You mean the dude from Last Stand of the Wreckers?

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nah, the dude from Masterforce.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Becoming Autobots: TFP-Breakdown and Knock Out, Movie-Barricade [those two mostly to see how funny would be them trying to control their murderous tendencies], and TRYPTICON for the hell of it.
    I mean, imagine that weird, badass voice on the 'Bots side?

Becoming Decepticons: Movie-verse Jazz [I have even a Decepticon character based on Jazz] and G1-Kup [in his Nick Fury style], G1-Wheeljack.
    I would also find it cool to see Alpha Trion as a Palpatine-esque mentor [though less Hammy]

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    G1 sixshot becoming an autobot
    G1 chromedome becoming a 'Con

G1 Constructicons becoming autobots. i mostly throw this out there becuase of that solar panel machine they made with grapple and hoist. they seemed to enjoy the good honest work.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Well, let's look at what HAS happened in the past.

G1 Traitors:

- Constructicons joined the Autobots
    It was brief, and it was due to some re-programming, but the Constructicons did join the Autobots to stop Megatron.
    - Red Alert joined Starscream due to a malfunction
    An accident caused him to go in to total panic mode, and Starscream convinced him the other Autobots were trying to replace him. He did not know he was a repaint, thus, the replacement for Sideswipe.
    - Blitzwing turned on the Decepticons when they allied with the Quintessons
    Blitzwing knew that the Quintessons were lying, and switched sides for the battle to stop the Quintessons ... but refused an invitation to join the Autobots permanently
    - Octane abandoned the Decepticons, practically joined the Autobots
    As a friend of Sandstorm, the two hung out together quite a bit after Octane turned Trypticon against Galvatron.
    - Scourge turned on Galvatron when he didn't believe the story about Starscream giving Unicron a new body with Cybertron. He joined the Autobots to warn them of the upcoming battle.

BW Traitors:
    - Rhinox switched to the Predacons due to a programming glitch.
    And he practically took over too.
    - Black Arachnia joined the Maximals
    Thanks in part to Silverbolt, Black Arachnia switched to the Maximal side to preserve her own skin as she was a Predacon made from a Maximal spark, and Megatron's plans to change history would remove her from the equation. In reality, the love of Silverbolt turned her spark back to the righteous side.
    - Dinobot left the Predacons to join the Maximals
    Fed up with Megatron, Dinobot joined the Maximals, though his loyalty was in question all the way to his demise in Code of Hero.
    - Silverbolt started as a Predacon but his honor led him to the Maximals.
    - Ravage, the Decepticon agent, had joined the Maximals originally to arrest Megatron, then switched sides once he realized Megatron was trying to ensure Decepticon rule by changing history.

Beast Machines:
    - Silverbolt, reformatted as Jetstorm, nearly destroyed the Maximals many times before being "brought back" by Black Arachnia as Silverbolt, and joined the Maximals to get revenge on Megatron.
    - Rhinox, reformatted as Tankor, became self-aware and enjoyed the dark side of things, and tried to have both Maximal and Vehicon wipe each other out of existence.
    - Strika & Obsidian flirted with both sides of the battle for most of the series
    - Thrust saved Black Arachnia countless times before being revealed as Waspinator.

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
    - Sky Byte silently switches sides by the end of the series as he befriends Koji.
    - Scourge betrayed Megatron/Galvatron but was brainwashed back in to submission
    - Ultra Magnus, while never a Decepticon, tries to destroy Optimus Prime numerous times before finally putting old rivalries behind him.

ARMADA
    - Starscream, after learning of Megatron's plan to use him as bait and leave him to die, joins the Autobots and leads them to the Decepticon base on the moon, freeing the Mini-Cons.
    - Wheeljack, originally an Autobot, switches sides to the Decepticons because he believes Hot Shot betrayed him and left him to die. For a moment it looks as if he'll rejoin the Autobots, and then he just disappears from the series entirely.

ENERGON

- Demolisher, Tidal Wave, and Cyclonus are all Autobots after the defeat of Unicron and disappearance of Megatron. All three return to the Decepticons when Megatron is revived, and get new bodies ... Demolisher remains the same, Tidal Wave becomes Mirage, and Cyclonus becomes Snow Cat.
    - Scorponok is all over the place by the end of the series

CYBERTRON
    - Dunno, never watched it. Starscream was a bitch.

LIVE ACTION
    - Wheelie joins the Autobots because he's in love with Mikaela
    - Jetfire, a Seeker, joins Optimus Prime to defeat The Fallen

ANIMATED
    - Wasp becomes a Predacon/Decepticon once he becomes Waspinator, all because he was framed as an Autobot traitor
    - Elita-1 becomes Black Arachnia after she's abandoned to die by Sentinel Prime and Optimus Prime.
    - Longarm turns out to be Shockwave, a top Decepticon general, who almost succeeds in destroying the Autobot forces and does (more or less) kill Ultra Magnus.
    - The Constructicons are all over the place for the entire series.

PRIME
    - None yet, but it's hinted at least one will.

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Skywarp would be the best autobot ever. And Lockdown. Lockdown would be cool as an autobot..

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Not really. The Autobots and Decepticons have a ceasefire agreement. Galvatron ordered it they followed. The Con became the security. Not all were satisfied with the peace hence a Decepticon prison.

When Megatron was back all that pretense dissolved resulting to a security nightmare with Con wanting to join Megatron.

Starscream there was bad ass. Schemed and fought Megatron toe to toe. He even fought Primus in planet size.

Megatron and his Decepticons were Autobots. Influenced by the Fallen they became the new generation of the Decepticons. Hence the betrayal of Megatron. The Fallen was the founder of the Decepticon movement millennium before.

According to Foundation Cybertron united under the Autobot flag under its founder Sentinel Prime. Sentinel Prime quit and gave leadership to Optimus Prime and Megatron.

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I'd see G.1 Mirage and G.1 Gears as Decepticons whereas G.1 Blitzwing and G.1 Octane would be Autobots.

12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I always thought that Sunstreaker had a bit of a murderous streak and might make a good con.

A funny one would be G1 Brainstorm or wheeljack - see what their mad inventor minds would come up with unhindered by autobot ethics.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I dunno why I always thought Gears and Brawn would have been interesting as Decepticons.

I always thought the Construcitcons should have been Autobots, I just don't see Constructicon vehciles as bad guys.

With the Constructicons as Autobots, I'd make Superion a Decepticon, to be Starscream's new seeker armada once tHundercracker and Skywarp ditch his command.

Also kickback, Cybertron's turncoat was Mudflap You know the guy that shelfwarmed during the toyline's run.

14. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

IDW comics Thundercracker... seriously, he would be a great autobot

15. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

G1 Mirage... no doubt about it here

Possibly IDW Jetfire because of his friendship with Shockwave

Can't see too many Decepticons becoming Autobots but Skywarp and Thundercracker do come to mind. Maybe even the Combaticons too.

16. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker or Huffer might make good Decpeticons
    Or maybe Ramhorn would defect and join Soundwave's cassette troops while Slugfest and Overkill join Blaster's

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Grimlock? Seriously, almost all of his appearances had him do more Decepticonish acts than Autobot. Not even sure how he and the rest of the Dinobots even became Autobots. Guess cause they saved them.