Autobot and Decepticon factions predating Prime Optimus and Prime Megatron.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by RedWolf, Dec 2, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In episodes 3 and 4 we get that the Autobot and Decepticon factions predate Optimus and Megatron. So Megatron did not create the Decepticon faction here much like G1.

This states a vast untold history in Prime. As Earth among others were battlefields.

This makes it far unlikely Prime is connected to WFC and Exodus. Unless they make some unexpected revelation Optimus and Megatron are descendants of those Transformers in WFC and Exodus.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    When did they say that?

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think you're misinterpreting things. Nothing I saw suggested the factions were older than Prime or Megatron.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Um... it can't be connected to WFC anyway because WFC Megatron already knew how to control Dark Energon and this Megatron had to learn to use it plus the obvious difference in character design. Bumblebee having damaged his voice box back on Cybertron which never happened in WFC. (hasn't been said in the cartoon yet why Bumblebee doesn't speak but his bio on the web site give him the same back story as the movie name sake.)

I haven't read Exodus so I can't say weather or not that is connected to either of the other two but Prime and WFC are not the same universe. The plots are similar, but not the same. And the designs are in an entirely different style. WFC is more G1 in design while Prime is a crossbreed of movie and animated designs. It's a new universe. Get over it.

5. RedWolf

Episode 3

Ratchet: Optimus what do we hope to find here?

Optimus:The site of the largest Cybertronian battlefied in this galaxy.

Ratchet: On Earth you must be joking?

Optimus: Do you remember the period late in the war when both sides hide their Energon spoils off world?

Ratchet: Of course its the reason why Energon deposits exist on planets such as this one.

Optimus: It is also the reason why battles are waged on planets such as this one. And I fear Megatron's memory is as long as history.

Episode 4

Ratchet: Megatron has desecrated the resting place of our fallen ancestors and his own.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    How could Prime and Megatron fight on the same side if Decepticons didnt exist before Megatron? I dunno if that means they werent in the war from the beginning, but in this timeline, Megatron didnt start the war, as he couldnt have lost his way in the war if created it.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

And? Nothing in there about factions.

8. RedWolf

And you pretended not to understand it just because I refuted what you stated.

Optimus: Do you remember the period late in the war when both sides hide their Energon spoils off world?

Ratchet: Megatron has desecrated the resting place of our fallen ancestors and his own.

There has been always two sides, Autobot and Decepticon.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'm not pretending to do anything. You're misinterpreting what they are saying.

If this is before their time, then how could they remember that period of the war?

Also, those ancestors could be from a previous war.

10. SaberPrime

The same reason we remember the Civil War without having actually fought in it. It's called History class. But yes Optimus did refer to Megatron as a former ally during the war which means someone else lead the Decepticons before Megatron. It was in his explanation to the kids after repeating some of the same lines from the 2007 movie.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Nobody remembers the Civil War. That makes you sound crazy.

12. SaberPrime

No it doesn't make me sound crazy. The fact that I am crazy makes me sound crazy. Being normal is for losers.

So if no one remembers the Civil War then I guess no one had a history lesson about how black people use to be slaves and the north and south fought a war and the north won and then all the black people got the right to freedom they should of had to begin with. Maybe you don't remember any of that but I sure do. I don't remember all of it like dates and such in fact the little bit I just said is all I remember.

The point is they never said they remember it because they were there, they said it was part of Cybertronian History. In other words it can be interpreted as they remember it from history not that they remember having actually lived threw it.

Go get yer self an edumacation young man.

13. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Actually Megatron and Optimus both fought on the side that would become the Decepticons (it was a terrorist group of sorts), Optimus broke off and formed the Autobots later

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They were more like freedom fighters, not terrorists.

15. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    that's why I said terrorist group of sorts

I mean they did blow up theme parks and stuff!

16. RedWolf

Dialogue over Dark Energon suggest Prime isn't either set in Exodus or WFC. Only the war was over Energon.

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That is just people reading too much into exposition. Not everyone played WFC or read Exodus, so they have to explain what Dark Energon is.

18. SaberPrime

Except they could explain what Dark Energon is without making it seem like this is the first time anyone had ever seen it. All they needed to do was have one of the human character ask the Autobots about the stuff and explain it that way without creating this huge plot hole between them.

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Or you could interpret it as Starscream seeing it for the first time in centuries.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have no idea when this war took place or what caused it.

To me, it looked like a civil war: Cybertronian versus Cybertronian. Optimus fought along side Megatron, but changed sides partway through, as Megatron’s ideals had changed. Those who followed Megatron could still be the first Decepticons and those with Optimus the Autobots. In today’s story, Optimus spoke of “both sides” hiding their spoils offworld.