Auto Assembly Kitbash Seminar Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by CZ Hazard, Jun 8, 2012.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Auto Assembly 2012 Kitbash Workshop Details Released | Auto Assembly

We have had a kitbash workshop at Auto Assembly for the last few years but as we are moving the convention to a new home for 2012, we wanted to do something special this year and bring all of you a brand new, improved workshop as part of Europe’s Largest Transformers Convention so we’ve teamed up with Calloway Customs to do something brand new which we think you’ll all love…

This “Blue Peter” style presentation will last approximately one hour, and will focus on how to change a stock Hasbro toy into a different character, using all the tools and tricks of the trade available. Discussing paint removal, disassembly and cleaning, spray / paint preparation and application, wheel removal, head replacement, decal application and much more.
    [​IMG]

Presented by Nick Calloway, the designer behind the popular Calloway Customs Shapeway store, and Botcon award winner Sid Beckett. This workshop will be backed up by a full “how to…” bullet-point refresher guide on the Auto Assembly website and a video of the presentation so you can follow along at home.

“We wanted to do something similar to the custom workshops other conventions offer,” said Nick Calloway, “without the practical difficulties of sixty people fighting over two soldering irons, against the clock. In this workshop you will learn all the skills you need so you can attempt a true custom in the comfort of your own home at your own pace.”

The limited edition convention exclusive upgrade kits themselves will be available to purchase at the convention and will be available to pre-order shortly from Calloway Custom Designs exclusively for convention attendees!

For more details on Auto Assembly 2012 which is taking place over the weekend of 3rd – 5th August 2012 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel or to book your tickets or find out information about booking dealers tables, visit the website at Auto Assembly

Hope to see you there!

The Auto Assembly Team

Web: Auto Assembly / Transformers Video Games / www.ct-alpha.com
    Auto Assembly Europe: Auto Assembly Europe 2011 in Uppsala
    Youtube: AutoAssembly - YouTube
    Twitter: Simon Plumbe (@auto_assembly) on Twitter
    Forum: Auto Assembly Forum - Index page
    Email: contact@autoassembly.org.uk
    Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296
    Auto Assembly is sponsored by

Calloway Custom Designs – Shapeways | Calloway Custom Designs by CALLOWAY75
    Toyz And Gamez – Action Figures from Around The World! Customer Login Toyz And Gamez
    TF Source – TFsource.com - Your source for everything Transformers! From Encore to e-hobby, Masterpiece, WST, G1 Toys and more.
    Robot Kingdom – www.robotkingdom.com
    Transformers @ The Moon – Transformers Toys - Transformers At The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk
    TransformersAnimated.com – Transformers Animated At TransformersAnimated.com
    TheTransformers.net – Transformers
    Titan Books – Titan Books - Titan Books Homepage
    3 Darths Comics – 3 Darths Comics
    Science Fiction Collectables – Science Fiction Collectables
    Big Bad Toy Store – BigBadToyStore.com - Toys, Action Figures, Vintage Toys, and Collectibles
    Xyber Toys – XyberToys.Com

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Nice one, Sid!

I probably won't make it to AA but well done you guys on clubbing together to do this.

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds cool. Will it cost money to watch online?

4. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    brilliant idea but ROFL! was generations wheeljack widely available over here...........noooooooooooo. but if the head will fit on prid wheeljack ill be trying to get one and crack my paints out :p 

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Okay, so the head will only be available at AA? That sucks, since I can't make it to AA. May have to get a hook up somehow.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Yet there's no promise it will be. But it's a guarantee that these will be on ebay for 5X what people paid for them.

9. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    makes a change for the UK to get something that nobody else does, instead of the other way round x

10. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why? Its not like this is an official Hasbro release or their recreating a classic character.

Congrats Simes, its nice to see the convention expanding in all areas.

11. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Full details will be posted when pre-orders go live next week, we plan on having a decent stock of Wheeljacks for the show so this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks man.
    It wasn't a convention exclusive when I started my custom, but we've worked our asses off over the last couple of weeks to make this happen as a nice bonus for the UK convention goers, so thanks for the support.

This will be available for non-attendees for those who purchase the non-attendee AA pack.

12. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn fine idea. Well done organising this fellas.

13. Thebricklord

Thebricklord The Brick

Looks Promising.

14. johnnyreid6

johnnyreid6 Decepticon Justice Div

wow, your whining about this! why not try living in the UK and being a TF collector......then you'll really have something to whine about:rolleyes2 

P.s Sid, sooo looking forward to this after finding out about it. Top work fella

15. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

amen to that. its a bunch of guys doing something cool for the UK community and im damn sure gonna be there, might book a few mates on to it as well. the guys whining because the UK gets something America doesnt in a case like this is spoilt, arrogant and ignorant. so you dont get another wheeljack and a random shapeways head, get over it, this wont ruin your life. This isnt botcon, these guys are doing it for love of the game, there wont be many spots available id imagine and no, they wont be online for several hundred pounds on ebay because those of us that can afford to go to this arent money hungry assholes, we're the guys who dont get to go to botcon, dont get every single wave in our local shop and appreciate that chances to do stuff like this are rare and value them.

rant over. thank you to the guys that organised this, look forward to meeting you at AA

16. GunFire Alpha

GunFire Alpha Active Member

Ebay:
    Wow. Sense of entitlement much?

How many exclusives do you guys in the States get? It's not even like this is an official item either, it's something designed and sourced by two fans in the UK in their own time who're taking it to a UK convention and the item being made available later via Shapeways or something hasn't been ruled out.

If you asked on the boards instead of whining, I'm sure someone going to AA could pick you one up and post it out to you.

Not happy because of the cost of shipping or because of the waiting time to get to the US? Welcome to our world mate, you should think yourself lucky.

Well done Sid and Nick, this is yet another reason I can't wait for 3rd August!

17. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

First fifty-six minutes of seminar: Demonstrating how to disassemble the figure (resulting in two cracked parts), remove the paint (leaving a slight pinkness where the red areas were), remove the wheels (resulting in one slightly melty rim), spray paint the figure (resulting in streaks where the painter's tape was slightly off kilter), reassemble the figure (except for that one screw that went missing somehow), and apply decals (crookedly).

Minute fifty-seven of seminar: "Here's one I prepared earlier...." :lol 

All joking aside, cool idea. :) 

18. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    Thanks dude.

This announcement is actually for the free kitbash seminar, everyone who attends is welcome, we will release a full press release detailing the availability of the add-on kit which will obviously cost money, but we're trying to keep it reasonable.
    It WILL be an AA EXCLUSIVE, and not available on Shapeways later, this was a personal choice to give UK fans something cool and exclusive, rather than turning it into a financial cash cow on Shapeways, but we are working on ways to make it available for all through the convention.

Haha, you're so much closer to the truth than you think. The idea is to have 3-4 WIP's so once we hit a task that takes too long and we need to skip to the next step (every 10-15 minutes I would guess), we'll literally skip to "one we prepared earlier..."
    It's like you read my proposal, haha.

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I'll ask one of my UK brothers for help rather than whine about the lack of a US offering. I'm sure someone can snag an extra set for me, and I am more than happy to pick up anything you might need in the States in return for the favor. If the values are equal, we can do a straight trade, otherwise we can still work out the details :) 

Can anyone help?

20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will be looking to get that non-attendee pack!
    Really wish I could make it to the show though, I've always wanted to meet Michael Bell, his Sideswipe and Prowl voices are so memorable and heroic!