2D Artwork: Auto Assembly entry (LSOTW Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Malunis_T, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, for Auto Assembly 2011, my friend Jazz presented the idea of taking a Transformers Mosaic idea and making an actual comic page with it for a contest that would be judged by some IDW folks. Or I think it was. I don't follow AA news, she knows this better than I, lol.

Anyway, it took me forever to do, I ended up spending many hours trying to plan it out, and recreate the location of G1 season 3 where Optimus' grave was located, AND make it look all prettied up compared to my usual effort. It needed to look 20% cooler than my other stuff. Some of it may not look pretty, especially the last couple panels, but I was literally finishing this on the DAY of the deadline, finishing at least an hour before it was due.

That said, I present to you, "Inheritance".

[​IMG]

At this point, it seems we didn't win, but we DID get featured in the AA fanzine! She linked it to me as soon as she saw it, which is right here. (PDF file)

Also, this originally had a typical Mosaic style title and credits, but since it was declined from the Mosaic gallery due to resolution and quality, I removed it. The art is mine, and the story is Jazz and her cousin Fox.

As an added bonus, here's some "character models" in the attachments. This is pretty much all I worked with for reference. Since we were given design freedom I just made my own Cybertronian-ified renditions of the characters. I have fun with the design phase the most.

Attached Files:

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    good stuff

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kudos on the mention and nice work!! :thumb 

4. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Rather touching.......

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I like the SkyLynx design very much.

I'm a *little* lost on the story, but it's probably because I only read LSOTW the one time, and never went all that ga-ga over it, BUT, the dialogue (well, monologue, mostly) is wonderfully moody, and the whole piece has a great tone.

I'm disappointed to hear you didn't make the "official" Mosaic cut, I certainly feel this piece is as good or better than many of the ones that have been featured.

D/L