Auto Assembly 2012 Convention Exclusive Lithograph Unveiled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Simes, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For most of you attending Auto Assembly 2012 this August - or if you have ordered our Non-Attendee Package - you know that we are giving away a selection of gifts as part of our traditional goodie bag. As well as our regular exclusive postcards, convention magazine, and our comic we are producing an A2 lithograph this year and we are now proud to unveil the artwork for the first time...

Illustrated by Marvel UK artist Jeff Anderson and coloured by Kris Carter, the artwork has been inspired by some of the old comic covers featured on the British Marvel Transformers comics and features Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. The litho is limited to a print run of just 1,000 copies and is ONLY going to be made available at Auto Assembly 2012 so unless you attend the convention or order a Non-Attendee Pack, you won't be able to get this fantastic piece of artwork.

We were so impressed with this art that it is also featuring as the cover image for this year's convention exclusive comic, Iacon Independent, and we are also producing a postcard based on the original lineart from the card so we think that it's adding up to a fantastic package of gifts.

For all you dealers and businesses out there reading this, we want to give YOU the chance to be a part of this as we have the opportunity for one lucky company to be associated with this lithograph and to sponsor it! You'll get the chance to not only have your company's logo and details featured on the litho, but on the associated postcard as well! We have several package deals on offer linking in with the lithograph which can also tie in with our convention magazine and exclusive comic so YOUR company could be heavily linked with this artwork so what are you waiting for? This is a one-off opportunity to get your company onto a product that will be on display on the walls of fans all over the world! Email us for more details!

Auto Assembly 2012 is Europe's largest Transformers convention and is taking place over the weekend of 3rd - 5th August 2012 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel. To book your tickets or find out information about booking dealers tables, to sponsor the event or to enquire about advertising with us, visit the website at Auto Assembly

Hope to see you there!

The Auto Assembly Team

Web: Auto Assembly / Transformers Video Games / www.ct-alpha.com
    Auto Assembly Europe: Auto Assembly Europe 2011 in Uppsala
    Youtube: Official Auto Assembly Channel - YouTube
    Twitter: Simon Plumbe (@auto_assembly) on Twitter
    Forum: Auto Assembly Forum - Index page
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296

Auto Assembly is sponsored by

Calloway Custom Designs - Shapeways | Calloway Custom Designs by CALLOWAY75
    Toyz And Gamez - Action Figures from Around The World! Customer Login Toyz And Gamez
    Kapow Toys - Kapow Toys
    TF Source - TFsource.com - Your source for everything Transformers! From Encore to e-hobby, Masterpiece, WST, G1 Toys and more.
    Robot Kingdom - www.robotkingdom.com
    Transformers @ The Moon - Transformers Toys - Transformers At The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk
    TransformersAnimated.com - Transformers Animated At TransformersAnimated.com
    TheTransformers.net - Transformers
    Titan Books - Titan Books - Titan Books Homepage
    3 Darths Comics - 3 Darths Comics
    Science Fiction Collectables - Science Fiction Collectables
    Big Bad Toy Store - BigBadToyStore.com - Toys, Action Figures, Vintage Toys, and Collectibles
    Xyber Toys - XyberToys.Com

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

Is a dissapointing image in my opinion...Art is nice, but not a fan of the characters. Ah well, its free so i suppose i cant complain.

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Bleh, Chibi Galvatron! The original one was better.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its pretty disappointing all around. Why is Galvatron 5-10 times taller than a presumably already tall pine tree? And his proportions make him look like a cosplayer at a convention. Nice attempt, poor execution.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is bad all around...

6. TheMarkSewell

TheMarkSewell Honorary Wrecker

That looks awful

7. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

Well i was just being as polite as i could to express my displeasure really...Yes, its quite bad all around. I really hope there is SOMETHING nice in the goodie bag.Otherwise it will be lying about being a 'goodie' bag.

8. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

And im just reading now that they want companies to 'sponsor' this? In other words, as bad as the poster is, they want to put company names on it too? I dont want to sounds bitter, but when botcon attendees get toys and we get a terrible poster...It does make me feel a little bit sad. I understand autoassembly doesn't quite have the finances of botcon, of course, but surely they could dispense with posters and postcards and such and give us a mini-bot? I dunno. Rant over.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's, uh... pretty awful.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man that scale is crazy and galvatrons head is just all sorts of weird, like it is floating there.

maybe should limit it to 10 instead of 1000.

11. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I like the colours!

<<

We need something positive in every thread!!

12. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

As much as i know some hard work probably went into this on behalf of the artist, marvel comics were not exactly known for artistic skill..When i hear the word Lithograph, i think of something like this..

[​IMG]

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    HahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA worst example EVER of trying to counteract claim of bad art with good art. That Dreamwave thing is a fucking disaster. Galvatron's proportions and the scale relative to the trees aside, Anderson's piece is solidly put together. Arcee's mangled hands, flipper-feet, impossible balance, sunken neck, dippy layering (how is her head overlapping her shoulder-rig when her shoulders are pulled up around her head like that?) and background drawn in by someone else that doesn't line up with the weight and positioning of the character art are all just fuckin' chronic.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't be serious. But if you are, I can't possibly take you seriously. Your blind hatred for Pat Lee has clouded your judgement. Take a look at the AA litho one more time. Check out the empty background, the 'rain' that only seems to fall with the composition of the robots, the detail or lack there of, the faces on the sweeps...I could go on. I'm sorry to be so opinionated about someone's profession but that piece of art wouldn't even get praised if it was posted on the boards. Hell, Shin's daughter's Botcon art was better than this and she's like eight years old. There's no way anyone associated with this piece could possibly be proud of how it turned out.

15. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on the trees in front of his right foot, Galvatron is as big as Metroplex, or those are some tiny trees.

16. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look, it ain't great, but I don't know if Jeff Anderson works professionally any more. Skills diminish with time, y'know? Geoff Senior ain't what he was. And Anderson was one of Marvel UK's weaker artists even back at the time - everything he drew looked very posed, with no real sense of weight or motion. (But that said, I'm afraid I don't really consider a lack of detail a problem, and I don't see anything wrong with Cyclonus and Scourge's faces - they look like they look in the Marvel comics.)

But that Arcee poster. That fuckin' poster. I hated that thing on sight ten years ago, and I hate it today. I can't believe they charged money for it. That they made a statue of it. It's an embarrassment. It will forever be one of my absolute least favourite DW pieces of all time.

(And it's by Rob Armstrong, not Pat Lee.)

17. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

Well i admit its just my opinion, but your response was a bit childish. Despite that, you do sort of indicate that its all just a matter of taste. I dont SEEM to be alone in my distaste for the new autoassembly lithograph though.

18. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Won't be surprised if they sell 'em all.

After all, taste is subjective...so even shit will find someone who'll buy it.

19. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

The sad part is, i'd pay for a better quality attendee pack. Stuff given out at conventions doesn't necessarily need to be free. The Marlboor custom is a good idea at least. Not to my personal taste sure, but its still a really good idea that people will like.

20. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

This is terrible! I expect better.