Auto Assembly 2010 Wreckers Panel Online!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Simes, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At Auto Assembly 2010, we were joined by Nick Roche and James Roberts who took to the stage for a special Q&A Panel dedicated to The Last Stand Of The Wreckers and their future work on Transformers. Now, to celebrate our announcement over the weekend of the return of James Roberts to Auto Assembly, we are proud to present this Panel IN FULL on our Youtube channel for all of you to enjoy...

For those of you planning on attending the convention this year, or for those of you who are still undecided, this is a great way to get a teaser of what you can expect this year from some of our guests, especially with the upcoming work from both Nick and James on some of IDW's titles and James' work leading into the Chaos storyline in August.

Anyway, you can watch the full panel on our Youtube channel here:- YouTube - ‪Auto Assembly 2010 Official Footage Part 010 - Last Stand Of The Wreckers‬‏

But that's not all...

A surprise hit at Auto Assembly 2010, we are proud to announce that we are bringing the Fan Sales Table back to Auto Assembly 2011 but better than ever. If you have any unwanted Transformers that you want to sell but are tired of spending hours listing them on ebay, then this is for you...

Once again, we'll have this sales table set up for all attendees to bring their unwanted toys, comics and other TF and non-TF items to be sold on their behalf all weekend. Just drop them off, name your selling price, and let us do the rest! All we ask for is a small 10% commission which goes towards the convention funds and that's it! There's no minimum or maximum limit to the number of items you can bring to sell and you can collect your money or unsold items at any time during the convention.

Last year we had an incredible range of items - G1, Animated, Cybertron, BinalTech, Beast Wars, and loads more and plenty of DVDs, comics, books, video games... something for everyone. We already have some items confirmed for the table with more being added daily and you can get your items pre-listed now by visiting the Auto Assembly website and downloading the list and information pack. More items are being added daily and we expect to have several hundred items in stock over the weekend.

The convention is taking place over the weekend of 12th - 14th August 2011 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England and tickets are available from the website now. For more details on the convention, to see a full list of all the guests and activities taking place over the weekend, or to book your tickets, visit the website at Auto Assembly

We hope to see you all in August!

The Auto Assembly 2011 Team

Web: Auto Assembly
    Youtube: YouTube - ‪AutoAssembly's Channel‬‏
    Twitter: Simon Plumbe (auto_assembly) on Twitter
    Forum: Auto Assembly - Home
    Email: autoassembly@aol.com
    Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296

Auto Assembly 2011 is sponsored by

Toyz And Gamez - Your Page Title
    Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye, Robots In Disguise - Transformers @ The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk
    Transformers Animated At TransformersAnimated.com
    Transformers
    Science Fiction Collectables - Science Fiction Collectables
    Big Bad Toy Store - BigBadToyStore.com - Toys, Action Figures, Vintage Toys, and Collectibles
    Xyber Toys - XyberToys.Com
    Moonbase 2 Podcast - moonbase2's Podcast

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    "if you have never attended a Transformers convention before, check this out for a perfect example of what a Transformers convention panel is like."

Yeah I went to Botcon "Are gonna release more Bumblee toys? Why arn't you releasing more Bumblebee toys? Why havn't you gone into the future and released this bumblebee toy?"

3. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'm always happy to read that Auto Assembly is doing well and attracting a large audience with such great guests and events, as I really want our overseas friends to have something as good as if not better than Botcon closer to home so they can more feasibly partake in the awesome experience that is spending a full weekend amongst people who share a love of Transformers.

That said, while I enjoy the content of the panel, ie. Nick and James' discussion, I have to say I'm a bit annoyed and disappointed in that the panel seems a bit disorganized. There are people crossing directly in front of the speakers, there's also the TF sign, the BB standee and some equipment and backpacks strewn about the floor seemingly at random and the audience seems to be really talkative. That may just be the camera's mic picking up extraneous noise but my first thought once the panel started was to wonder if it was held in a common area or even the dealers' room while people were wheelin' and dealin' for toys.

I realize some of this is really nitpicky on my part, but I tend to think that presentation is important if you're trying to convey to a prospective audience that this is the premier convention for European TF fans. I'll also grant that the video only captures this one angle so I'm clearly not basing my opinion on the whole picture, but if you're showing a video to say "Look what we have to offer" it's not unfair for me to do so. My intention isn't to knock Auto Assembly by any means, but perhaps to offer an outsider's critique in the hope that some of what I say is taken into consideration for future events.

From what I've seen/read online, you guys do great work and I want AA to be as great as can be even though I will likely never make it all the way there. I'll be there in spirit wishing everybody a great time, but please guys, take pride in what you do, have respect for yourselves, the fans, and the awesome guests and strive to present Auto Assembly with an air of absolute professionalism.

Regards,

Juan C.

4. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our goal for Auto Assembly is to make everything friendly, fun and most importantly informal and we believe that's one of the key reasons why guests continually want to return year after year to us.

We're not a profit making event and have no intention of ever becomming one and we run Auto Assembly purely for fun in our spare time, but with regards to the hall set-up, we want to make sure that everyone can see and have access to everything that goes on all the time.

We have felt for some time that the single hall format has worked very well for us - it has given us a very good atmosphere, it's meant that all the dealers and guests feel like they are an integral part of the convention and don't miss out on anything and we have to remember that the dealers have all paid good money to come along to the convention and without them, many fans simply wouldn't attend.

We do use other parts of the hotel for our additional programme items, workshops, video games areas, swap meets, forum meets, children's programming etc. but the last thing we want to do is make things feel like an "us and them" show. We want everyone at Auto Assembly, fans and guests, to be able to come along and know that everyone can just wander around and mingle as a big happy crowd!

We have run conventions before where we have had the Dealers Room separate to the Main Hall where we have held talks, video screenings etc. in and they have been a complete disaster. Having things like that in separate rooms have left dealers feeling isolated and left them missing parts of the convention that they want to see. In all the events I have run over the last 22 years, the multi-function room seems to be the best format for creating the most fan and guest-friendly atmosphere and keeping events fun and relaxed.

As for the staging you saw, from the angle in the video you couldn't quite see our set-up... across the entire front of the stage was the word Transformers in the movie lettering, there was a large projection screen on stage, to the left of that was the movie Bumblebee cut out and to the right of it was a Prime cut-out. We don't have a professional film crew involved - as I said, we're non-profit making - but we do hire in a professional sound system in for the convention with a full PA system all over the convention hall, plenty of wireless microphones for all our panelists and roving microphones for anyone who asks questions.

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I see my critique was unwarranted and I'm happy to be put in my place. My opinion stemmed from my experiences with other conventions and from complete ignorance of how AA is actually set up, so I'm sorry for making assumptions. That's really interesting that everything's in one place and I'm glad to hear it's worked for you. You make a great point regarding the desire to include dealers. One thing I've never really liked about conventions such as Botcon is that if you're a dealer or staff member/volunteer, you're basically missing every panel unless you have someone to cover for you. I'm glad you responded to my post and I wish you continued success with Auto Assembly. Again, I'm sorry for making assumptions and I hope you didn't see my previous post as a put down.

Juan

6. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No need to apologise dude! We do know that we need to improve and tidy up some areas of the hall - sometimes things do look a bit chaotic... I guess it's a British fan convention "style" and something I've always grown up with, whether it's been Transformers, Star Trek or anything else!

We have got a long list of things that we want to change over the next few years to improve the convention for all our attendees and dealers but it just takes time to implement because of our budget... we usually end up pushing things to the wire every year.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us one of the years though - I'm sure you'll have a blast! :) 

7. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wow that was awesome I really hope we get some of what there saying down the road.