Auto Assembly 2010 Booking Deadlines Announced!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Simes, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are well into the convention season now... Botcon and Nordcon are over for another year, TFCon is just a few short weeks away and has just closed pre-registrations, C.O.N.S in Germany is taking place at the end of the month and Auto Assembly 2010 is fast approaching in under six weeks time and once again is on target to be Europe's biggest ever Transformers convention...

With interest in Auto Assembly being higher than ever and bookings coming in at a fantastic rate, we know that there are a lot of people who have already booked their tickets for the convention. There are more first-time attendees than ever before coming along to join us in our tenth anniversary year but if you are planning on coming along for your first Auto Assembly convention, are thinking of making an overseas trip for your first international event, or if you are a regular who just hasn't booked yet then we'd recommend that you hurry now as we have now released the booking deadlines for this year to guarantee your places before the convention sells out!

If you haven't already booked, there is still time but in order to ensure that everyone receives their passes in time for the convention, we have set the following cut-off points for you to pre-register for Auto Assembly 2010 or to order your Non-Attendee Packs should you be unable to make it to the event in person:-

UK online bookings - 10:00 pm GMT, Monday 9th August 2010
    UK postal bookings - Monday 2nd August 2010
    International online bookings - 10:00 pm GMT, Monday 2nd August 2010
    Non-Attendee Packs - 12:00 noon GMT, Wednesday 11th August 2010

Tickets for the convention are selling fast. There are plenty of full weekend passes available still, and one day passes for the Sunday, but one day passes for the Saturday are almost sold out! With ticket sales doing so well, booking now, or getting a Non-Attendee Pack could be your only way of getting this year's convention exclusive comic - the convention variant cover of IDW's Transformers Issue 9 with new cover art by Nick Roche and Liam Shalloo, produced for the convention by Toyz And Gamez (Your Page Title)

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 11 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we still have LOADS more to announce...!

For more details on the convention, to see a full list of all the guests and activities taking place over the weekend, or to book your tickets, visit the website at Auto Assembly

We hope to see you all in August 2010.

The Auto Assembly 2010 Team

Web: Auto Assembly
    Youtube: YouTube - AutoAssembly's Channel
    Twitter: Simon Plumbe (auto_assembly) on Twitter
    Forum: Auto Assembly - Home
    Email: autoassembly@aol.com
    Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye, Robots In Disguise - Transformers @ The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk and Transformers Animated At TransformersAnimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Auto Assembly 2010 is also sponsored by:-

Science Fiction Collectables - Science Fiction Collectables
    Toyz And Games - Your Page Title

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    Soo wish I could go to this...

3. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

i want to go but i dont feel that spending £70 for tickets so i can buy some stuff that'll be cheap

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already booked :D 

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Ditto.

Crazy excited too :) 

6. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dealers side of things is just a small part of the convention and if you look at a lot of the videos people put on youtube talking about Auto Assembly 2009, most hardly mentioned the dealers when they were talking about what they loved about the weekend!

You could book for the convention, turn up, spend sod all and still have a great time and I have a feeling that quite a few are probably doing that this year! lol

7. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I booked almost as soon as the online booking started :D 

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Booked a while back, awaiting confirmation.

9. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep im all booked and paid for - awaiting the confirmation and tickets

i was there last year only on the saturday and it was great fun! its not £70 either its like £45 for the weekend pass....

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Got my weekend ticket and hotel booked!!!

And it's not just a big toy market Baggzey. How very dare you.

11. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The toys/deals on offer are actually the last thing that draw me to AA. We had such a great time last year, the toys were a bonus on top of an awesome weekend. I'm going to be skint this year, nothing like last year's spending, but still bursting with excitement :D 

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hopefully there will be no actual bursting.

Don't get me wrong, I will spend every penny I have at my disposal (which isn't many right now) but I have a feeling that the greatest part of AA '10 will be meeting up with fellow TFW members.

Especially as some of them owe me money and toys. :D 

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    This and this. The toys aren't the biggest reason I like going to AA. There's so much else going on and just the atmosphere of being in a room with so many other fans makes for a great experience for me.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys at the meet-up too! I'm gonna take a group picture!

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    The main reason for AA10 is Haribo.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You're possibly confusing it with 'aribo assembly, which takes place in the east end of London every year.

16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Just you wait.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The waiting game sucks.

Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

:p 

18. Simes

Simes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do want to remind everyone not to leave booking tickets until the last minute. Not only does it guarantee that you get your passes quicker when we ship them out, but also guarantees your place at the convention this year.

One-day Saturday passes have sold out, one-day Sunday passes are selling strongly and weekend tickets are selling well so we can't guarantee we'll have tickets available for those of you planning on just turning up on the day!

If you are concerned about your passes arriving in time and would rather collect them at the convention, we will be offering a pass collection service and we'll be announcing details of this in the next day or so for weekend attendees only. We have shipped almost all of the passes already for people who have booked for the convention so this will be for new registrants only.

I also know that there are some of you who are planning on coming along and have already made your hotel and travel arrangements but may not have booked yet thinking that "I'll do it soon". The last thing we want is to have to turn those people away if we sell out so please book as soon as you can!

Remember, with just over three weeks to go, time is ticking if you want to join us...