Authentic vs Fake jerseys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm not sure if anyone has any knowledge of this or pictures but I've been doing a lot of jersey searching lately. So is there a site that has pictures and descriptions, especially of hockey jerseys?

Would love to know soon. Have my eye on one which I'd like to get soon.

Thanks.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. setphazertostun

setphazertostun more than a Conquerer

i can help on any Mitchell & Ness stuff for sure

4. Wreckgar

True, but it also is more expensive that some online retailers. I'm trying to avoid NHL Shop. If anything, I can get it at the local Blackhawks store for the same amount. That's why I want to know if anyone has other info.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... I own a few authentic baseball and football jerseys. I don't know much about hockey jerseys but I'd imagine them being a little more heavy than football jerseys. Authentic jerseys are quite heavy. Theyre made of tough material. All the details are stitched on. There shouldn't be any paint on them.
    I'd suggest you visit a place that sells authentic hockey jerseys and then compare them to this other place you found them cheaper at. Keep in mind, usually when a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own around 70 hockey jerseys and some of them are authentics. The authentic jerseys has a fight strap and the replicas does not. But also the authentics is a little heavier than the replicas, meaning the fabric on the authentic is thicker.

The team logos on the authentics are sewn on and the replicas are I guess steamed on. But there has been replicas in the past where the logos were sewn on, like Starter and Pro Player. But CCM and Reebok, the logos are steamed on the replicas.

I don't know about football and baseball jerseys.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also believe the tags will say Authentic or Replica as well.

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can also try eastbay.com or shop yahoo sports. I bought two jerseys this past year (haven't bought any in years) and bought them both from here. One was a replica Bama football jersey (Nike), the other an Authentic Brett Favre Jets Jersey.

And I do have a Shawn Alexander Superbowl Seahawks Authentic jersey, and they are both much better quality than the replica Nike Bama jersey. Can't speak for Hockey, though.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check out the boards at Jersey Central. Some of the guys that used to be involved with Next Level Talk split off and formed this site. Only jersey collectors site I know about, they could probably help you if you were inquiring about a specific jersey, or have resources for you to reference.

Worth a look anyways.

10. Wreckgar

Thanks. That's probably best.

Everyone else, thanks but I meant real vs fake, not authentic vs replica. Those I know the difference, hockey especially. There area lot of KO jerseys out there that can pass as authentic. That's what i was referring to.